A lonely guy says hi

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lonerforever

Reaction score
I'm from Singapore and I recently turned 21. I've been living a lonely life since I was a teenager. I have been betrayed, played with, judged and rejected just because I have this naive and dumb personality, and not so good-looking appearance.
I'm was so tired of all the bs that I just let myself be lonely. I would usually stay in my room at home using the computer all day long or use my phone when I'm with my friends. Sometimes, I just get tired of it and wish I had someone to talk to whenever I'm down and depressed.
Nobody in my family or friends know that I'm in this state. They just find my anti-social attitude very eccentric as I can tell by their reaction. What's worse is that, I have no choice but to keep up with my outgoing attitude ultimately when I'm at home or outside.
I have a lot of friends, even best friends but they are not my closest. I envy people whose friends became a family to them where else in my stupid life, I can't have a friend or family to even lean my shoulder and cry.
I love to talk and chit chat but somehow my life just don't let me...
I'm into singing, songwriting, photography, tv shows, movie and music. On my free time, I learn to play the guitar. I also run often to get in shape.
Anyway, looking forward to find someone here to talk to, someone I can relate and also get some help regarding my helpless life.

ps: Sry for the sad intro:(

Hi, I too can relate to your feeling of sadness and uselessness. Worst of all, to the inner conviction of not being understood by others, family members or friends, even when you share with them your inner self. The more people I am surrounded with, the lonelier I feel. There is this banal saying in English, "when life gives you lemons, you make lemonade!" But, I must say, applying that simple wisdom did help me in some way. Nearly all geniuses and just talented people were sad, depressed, had low self-esteem. All their pain could had been useless, but they somehow put it into their work, art, words, music, inventions, etc. Sometimes it hits me: maybe I shouldn't run away from the pain of being alone but instead embrace it and transform it into something positive for myself and, hopefully, for others. I got this idea after reading several biographies of great people: Einstein, Beethoven, Chopin, Wittgenstein. Pop culture doesn't help: it tells us 'be happy!' 'have friends!' 'look positive!' But it's all fake... Pain is real; art is real; being creative by making all that 'lemonade' for me is the only way out by not covering up my loneliness in denial of a pop culture, but by making it part of my work.

Hey there, welcome to the forum. I think I can quite relate to you about how I have friends but then most of the time I don't feel like I can connect with them well enough. Anyway, hope you will find what you're looking for here. :)

Socrates said:
Hi, I too can relate to your feeling of sadness and uselessness. Worst of all, to the inner conviction of not being understood by others, family members or friends, even when you share with them your inner self. The more people I am surrounded with, the lonelier I feel. There is this banal saying in English, "when life gives you lemons, you make lemonade!" But, I must say, applying that simple wisdom did help me in some way. Nearly all geniuses and just talented people were sad, depressed, had low self-esteem. All their pain could had been useless, but they somehow put it into their work, art, words, music, inventions, etc. Sometimes it hits me: maybe I shouldn't run away from the pain of being alone but instead embrace it and transform it into something positive for myself and, hopefully, for others. I got this idea after reading several biographies of great people: Einstein, Beethoven, Chopin, Wittgenstein. Pop culture doesn't help: it tells us 'be happy!' 'have friends!' 'look positive!' But it's all fake... Pain is real; art is real; being creative by making all that 'lemonade' for me is the only way out by not covering up my loneliness in denial of a pop culture, but by making it part of my work.

Your words just gave me sudden surge of motivation to do what I always wanted to do out of my miserable life, to write a book. Like what you've said, I also thought that making "lemonade" would lead me to be a successful person. I definitely know that being successful is my way out of this miserable life. But times I just get so demotivated and lost because I just don't know where or how to even begin... Thank you so much and also all who welcomed me:)

Your intro isn't sad.

If you ever find you're in need to talk to someone I am willing to talk. Welcome to the form. It's a great place full of great people.

Take me up on that offer. Here, you aren't alone. A lot of us can relate to how you feel (myself included).

BH

Latest posts

Back