A Lonely Life's Rules

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

darkwall

Reaction score
Most of you will be aware that under "rules" on ALL it just says BEHAVE!

Now, I don't mean to ***** about my getting banned for a week, but the fact was that I got banned for calling a moderator a hypocrite. Now I see that "Caesium" has been banned as well. What for, exactly?

It seems to me that "behave!" is a very subjective rule. For example, is my getting into a heated but clean war of words with someone else worse than me using the word "fresia" in a recent post?

There are definitely punishments, but these are also arbitrary. There is of course no warning about them either. It seems to me that there should be clearer guidelines - I have just been forced to go through a week of loneliness simply because of getting into an argument with a mod.

I'm not blaming the mod - they're only human, they didn't know what was the correct protocol ... I'm blaming the system, which is so vulnerable to abuse and personal bias.

lol we've all been banned from here at some point or other. Besides you didn't miss much here.

Oh and Caesium got banned for posting rude pictures in one of the threads. hahaha.

Oh and welcome back too :) its always a pleasure to read your posts, you help make me think about things that i would not have thought about.

take care,
Stella ;)

Stella! It's nice to see you again. You should definitely update your icon, there's a Picasso exhibition on now ...

But yeah, that's exactly my point. Lonesome Crow sports possibly the most misogynistic userpic I have ever seen (a woman's half naked body without her head being seen? Any self-respecting feminist would have a field day) and who is to say that whatever Caesium posted was worse? Shouldn't there be a rule that makes this distinction?

To make matters worse, (and this is going to make you sick) Lonesome Crow is a moderater here now!! Can you believe it? Its so ridiculous that its hard to believe.

I'd just like to make clear to any moderators who are about to ban me again, I am entirely in favour of Lonesome Crow being a mod and am constantly entertained by his references to his sex life at the end of whatever comment he may happen to be making.

Here are some quotes for your enlightenment:

On guilt:
"Plenty of hard wired women wanting to take me home and fixed my ass..*sigh*"
By "hard" "wired" women does he mean, "physically tough" "drugged up" women? WHo can fathom?

On ... er ...:
"A women's vagina...ain't the prettiest thing in the world..
Why oh why I find so much beauty in it ?"

On respect:
"Respect is the opposite of Lust."

Discussing other members in a thread such as this is hardly fair.

If you feel aggrieved, Darkwall, then I suggest you take it up with Bjarne. The reasons for your ban were more complex than you suggest, but I feel discussing them here would hardly be helpful. If you have any further questions of me, I will be glad to answer them via pm.

darkwall said:
Most of you will be aware that under "rules" on ALL it just says BEHAVE!

Now, I don't mean to ***** about my getting banned for a week, but the fact was that I got banned for calling a moderator a hypocrite. Now I see that "Caesium" has been banned as well. What for, exactly?

It seems to me that "behave!" is a very subjective rule. For example, is my getting into a heated but clean war of words with someone else worse than me using the word "fresia" in a recent post?

There are definitely punishments, but these are also arbitrary. There is of course no warning about them either. It seems to me that there should be clearer guidelines - I have just been forced to go through a week of loneliness simply because of getting into an argument with a mod.

I'm not blaming the mod - they're only human, they didn't know what was the correct protocol ... I'm blaming the system, which is so vulnerable to abuse and personal bias.

I'm not fully aware of whatever took place, so I won't comment on that situation that lead to your ban. But I am going to say that I feel the mods here do their best and try to always be fair. It's a VERY difficult job, that not just anyone could do. They use their best judgement and I have yet to see anyone banned unfairly, IMO.

darkwall said:
I'd just like to make clear to any moderators who are about to ban me again, I am entirely in favour of Lonesome Crow being a mod and am constantly entertained by his references to his sex life at the end of whatever comment he may happen to be making.

Here are some quotes for your enlightenment:

On guilt:
"Plenty of hard wired women wanting to take me home and fixed my ass..*sigh*"
By "hard" "wired" women does he mean, "physically tough" "drugged up" women? WHo can fathom?

On ... er ...:
"A women's vagina...ain't the prettiest thing in the world..
Why oh why I find so much beauty in it ?"

On respect:
"Respect is the opposite of Lust."

FYI: He isn't a forum mod, he's a chat mod and the chat isn't actually an ALL chat room. Again, just FYI.

Oh, and coincidentally, if you find a post offensive, then the correct action is to click the "report" button located beneath each post.

I already did take it up with Bjarne, and I received little in the way of response other than:

"please refrain from flaming other people (if in fact you did this)"

Hardly the voice of judgment, is it?

I'm going through a time where I'm going off one lot of medication while another sucks the seratonin out of my brain so that it can replace it with synthetic chemicals. Basically, that means I get the pain of a comedown while not having the capacity to feel happiness. So what's Bjorne going to do? Give me back an incredibly difficult week of my life?

This is meant to be a system of support, and it was taken from me because of my lack of respect towards you, not the others. It's not a complex case, and it is one that would have been solved had there been rules in place.

1. I behaved in what could be considered an insulting manner towards other members.
2. You did nothing about this.
3. You then posted on my private post, and I was insulting towards you.
4. You then warned/threatened me.
5. I refused to stop calling you a hypocrite.
6. You banned me so that I could "cool down" (of course I could not access this message) and told Bjarne it was for "flaming".

You can ban me again, you can make me draw this out with Bjarne, and you can delete this post of mine as you have done before, but if you really think that you were 100% righteous in your actions and that no rules could have helped the situation, then you're not a hypocrite but a fool.

@ Evewasframed: if it's such a tough job, then why don't they make their decisions easier by having a universal system in place to aid them? One in which, (oh, I don't know) they have to consult the other mods before banning someone?

*Sigh* and this is precisely what I was talking about. What have I done to provoke you into calling me either a hypocrite or a fool this time?

While you have my sympathy that you are going through a difficult time, this does not excuse the provocation that has been inherent in your posts of late, provocation which you indeed admitted you were fully aware of.

This site is not your personal executive stress toy... many of the members are going through difficult life experiences just as you are. Flaming has always been against the general ethos of this site, even in the "up for debate" section.

Firstly, I was clearly being rhetorical.

Secondly, I'm not provoking you: I merely believe that you have done me wrong. Once again, you posted on my thread, not the other way around. You can see this thread as a provocation or you can see it as having valid points. As, in fact, all my arguments have had since day one.

Thirdly, flaming is itself very subjective. I had very clear reasons for calling you a hypocrite, and the most insulting thing I did, which was to describe a debate with Sammy as like being behind a bus, is not unusual in any argument. You certainly would never have banned anyone for it, so you have to admit that what you perceive as "flaming" was in fact really my calling you a hypocrite.

I can prove your falseness time and time again: for example, show me where I "admitted" to "provoking" you. I am not using this site as a stress toy, the whole "Ugliness" palaver was something I did not want to be dragged into. Clearly portraying my general interaction on this site as taking out stress on other users is inaccurate, perhaps ... false?

But I don't want to detract from the main thrust of this thread. You could have had me banned for the above and you know it - the fact that you didn't is probably because of pity. What I am saying is that it is an insecure system where such things tip the balance - and that there should be rules in place to prevent them.

Let's think of it as a Social Contract. If there was a rule saying "don't call people hypocrites", then in joining the society I would have to accept its stipulations. You called me a liar! I have the evidence! So why ban me for calling you a hypocrite? Isn't this, as I have already stated, evidence of hypcorisy?

Like I say, if there were rules that applied to moderators instead of being applied by them then I wouldn't have made this thread. What do I want? Justice. I'd like you to admit that you were wrong, and I'd like some sort of ruling in place, or at least the implementation of a system whereby moderating decisions were made jointly, instead of effectively having three dictators running around making their own laws.

EveWasFramed said:
FYI: He isn't a forum mod, he's a chat mod and the chat isn't actually an ALL chat room. Again, just FYI.

Thanks Eve. The Lonesome Crow thing was news to me. I see what is being referred to now.

darkwall said:
@ Evewasframed: if it's such a tough job, then why don't they make their decisions easier by having a universal system in place to aid them? One in which, (oh, I don't know) they have to consult the other mods before banning someone?

Well, in all fairness, unless you've spoken to the other mods, it's a bit assumptive on your part to think that the other mods aren't aware of what's going on. Just saying...

I think the system works as well as any system could. Of course to have a system like we have here you have to have good mods which we do.

You know what happens if a mod disagrees with you, They have the power to bane, you don't. So don't disagree with them. You could disagree and ague as much as you liked with in PM and I could not see them ever being bothered by that. As steel said take it to PM. Its not complicated.

Bluey said:
I think the system works as well as any system could. Of course to have a system like we have here you have to have good mods which we do.

You know what happens if a mod disagrees with you, They have the power to bane, you don't. So don't disagree with them. You could disagree and ague as much as you liked with in PM and I could not see them ever being bothered by that. As steel said take it to PM. Its not complicated.

I'm sorry but you should have every right to question a mod in public.

*shakes head*

What the hell....

Nibiru said:
To make matters worse, (and this is going to make you sick) Lonesome Crow is a moderater here now!! Can you believe it? Its so ridiculous that its hard to believe.

Crow though a little rough.

Has helped me alot :/ hes helped alot of people hes a good person.

Nibiru said:
lol we've all been banned from here at some point or other. Besides you didn't miss much here.

Oh and Caesium got banned for posting rude pictures in one of the threads. hahaha.
Rude pictures?

They were works of ******* art... an inspiration for generations to come.

He's so misunderstood its sad :(

Lol

Latest posts

Back