A Lonely Life's Rules

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am bewildered by all of these responses. I had thought that the matter was a fairly private one, but it seems I have touched some sort of nerve. Someone mentioned that my ban was voted on, but I have never heard of this: if it is true, then obviously there is a constitution of some form: if so, why isn't it mentioned?

Someone else said that these were criticisms without remedy - clarifying the rules, as I originally suggested, seems a fair remedy to me. What has not been argued is that the system is VULNERABLE to abuse, whether the moderators are "better" than previous ones are not - that in fact proves my point as it would be a false inference to assume that because these mods are better than the last, the next ones will continue in the same positive vein.

I think the confusion in this thread may be explained by the nebulousness of A.L.L. itself - few know how it is run, and yet there is obviously some system in place that belies the "ONE RULE: BEHAVE!" directive. I recognise that the makers of A.L.L. wanted it to appear a place of freedom, not bent over with rules - however, using a false front can only ever lead to confusion.

The poster who talked about treating others fairly in kindergarten overlooked several key things: firstly, that as I have repeated the moderator was also guilty of breaching this rule by implying I was a liar; secondly, that in actuality as someone whose mother was a nursery teacher I can tell you that a nursery is in fact full of complex rulings and that this was a FRONT: their reaction to if you had shouted at someone would have been very different to if you had kicked and sworn at them.

So, really, your argument only goes to prove my point - that moderators should also be on some sort of level ground with us, and that this could be helped with rules, that being adults it would be very edifying to be able to see.

Darkwall

darkwall said:
I am bewildered by all of these responses. I had thought that the matter was a fairly private one, but it seems I have touched some sort of nerve. Someone mentioned that my ban was voted on, but I have never heard of this: if it is true, then obviously there is a constitution of some form: if so, why isn't it mentioned?

Someone else said that these were criticisms without remedy - clarifying the rules, as I originally suggested, seems a fair remedy to me. What has not been argued is that the system is VULNERABLE to abuse, whether the moderators are "better" than previous ones are not - that in fact proves my point as it would be a false inference to assume that because these mods are better than the last, the next ones will continue in the same positive vein.

I think the confusion in this thread may be explained by the nebulousness of A.L.L. itself - few know how it is run, and yet there is obviously some system in place that belies the "ONE RULE: BEHAVE!" directive. I recognise that the makers of A.L.L. wanted it to appear a place of freedom, not bent over with rules - however, using a false front can only ever lead to confusion.

The poster who talked about treating others fairly in kindergarten overlooked several key things: firstly, that as I have repeated the moderator was also guilty of breaching this rule by implying I was a liar; secondly, that in actuality as someone whose mother was a nursery teacher I can tell you that a nursery is in fact full of complex rulings and that this was a FRONT: their reaction to if you had shouted at someone would have been very different to if you had kicked and sworn at them.

So, really, your argument only goes to prove my point - that moderators should also be on some sort of level ground with us, and that this could be helped with rules, that being adults it would be very edifying to be able to see.

Darkwall

OK, the only thing I'm going to comment on is this:
"I had thought that the matter was a fairly private one"
OK, you are of considerable intelligence, so I can't help but wonder why you thought that "the matter was a fairly private one" when you posted it on the forum? Private would have been to converse with the mod(s) in PM, and no one else would have been privy to the issue. NOTHING you post on the forum, in the public areas, is private. Just saying.....

And now I'm off to bed. :p

Do we really need rules spelt out? You really have to be told how to behave, even on the internet? Surely you should know how to do this already.

Also, I think we have finally found the first (and possibly only) member of Robin's infamous 'silent majority'! The site is far better off now for not having someone massaging his own ego at every turn; the best forums have almost invisible mods (unless they're actually doing something to help a member of course).

Hijacc, it's not someone's age that a person is judged on, it's what they say and do, and how they act. Most people I'm sure are completely unaware of how old you are.

darkwall, I can kinder see where your coming from. Let me just say that there is no hidden system in place to what I know off. The only thing we have here is a few ppl that are looked at has responsible for the job in hand of being a moderator. Of course with any kinder power its always subject to abuse. I have never seen any of the currant mods abuse that. Only Robin did that when he started asking for money. I in fact Pm'd bjarne with my concern when he did that. But that's another story.

I am not one for rules and don't wont to be bogged down by rules. This place is a resnoboly free place and you can get away with a lot moor here then on most forums you may vist. I have been warned in other placers cos of something has simply has a link I gave out. It was only to another forum.

And just cos you have rules it dose not mean they well get fallowed. Then you well have ppl quoting the rules all the time. The mods here are laid back and well let you get away with a lot be for they do something about it.

You can keep most ppl happy most of the time but not all the ppl happy all of the time.

I really do think the laid back system we have here is the best we could have.

Scott said:
Do we really need rules spelt out? You really have to be told how to behave, even on the internet? Surely you should know how to do this already.

Also, I think we have finally found the first (and possibly only) member of Robin's infamous 'silent majority'! The site is far better off now for not having someone massaging his own ego at every turn; the best forums have almost invisible mods (unless they're actually doing something to help a member of course).

Hijacc, it's not someone's age that a person is judged on, it's what they say and do, and how they act. Most people I'm sure are completely unaware of how old you are.
Mostly no one worries about my age I just think its stupid that some of you do.

(you know who u are fascist! :p)

Yeah that doesnt make any sense O_O

I was too bored to read the whole thread, just the first page.
but it does explain why random ass people keep showing up banned.
hey, can I get banned too? seems to be what all the cool kids are doing.
hm, how about...
this forum sucks more every time I come here.
all the people here need to suck it up and get over it, you people whine too much.
you're a hypocrite.
fresia!
bjarne is a baboon.
Darkfall is secretly a woman!
and here's the kicker;
I'm going to go shoot my school. With a nerf gun. =O

Qui said:
hm, how about...
all the people here need to suck it up and get over it, you people whine too much.
you're a hypocrite.
fresia!
bjarne is a baboon.
and here's the kicker;

P.M.T?

Scott said:

What Scott said. ^

He's ftw indeed.

Bluey said:
Hijacc said:
Nibiru said:
robin was and still is a prick

Even if he WAS he did the best in keeping this site in order.
(no offense steel)

This is the difference of an opinion. I don't think he did this place any good at all. He never know when to back off. Far to controlling and in your face with it.

Bluey is ftw as well. He just wanted control over everyone. Simple as that. If things didn't go his way, or if people didn't agree with him, he felt threatened, and that's not keeping a site that doesn't even belong to him in order.

And, you know what... I wasn't going to comment on this one:

Hijacc said:
Im tired of being treated like an idiot cause of my age which does happen all the time.

But I can't help it.

Hijacc, people don't treat you like an idiot because you're 15 or 16.... They treat you like an idiot because obviously that person may think you're an idiot. Or that you act like one. Believe me you, if you don't mature just a tid bit, you won't be able to use the "I'm 15/16..." line for much longer.

It has nothing to do with age. If it happens "all the time", then you must know something is wrong. Unless you greet people with "Hi, I'm Hijacc and I'm 15/16" there's no way EVERYONE knows your age. Get off it.

Nibiru said:
Qui said:
hm, how about...
you're a hypocrite.
fresia!
bjarne is a baboon.
and here's the kicker;

P.M.T?

Pacemaker-Mediated Tachycardia?

Latest posts

Back