A quick hello and a question.

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

katkit

Reaction score
Hi everyone! I'm a 36 year old professional woman who is your typical eccentric, introverted cat lady. Normally, I am pretty happy but every once in a while feel extremely lonely. I just found out that someone I know (who is 32) was laughing the other day and said "I think Ms. katkit is lonely". It really hurt me that he thought this was funny.
So my question is: WHY do some people think this is funny? Because being lonely is really not...

kat

p.s. the reason I bring up our ages is because I feel like I am back in middle school that someone would laugh about something like this and that I could get so hurt by it...

Welcome KatKit.

To answer your question, I think people with busy social lives cannot fathom being happy with a lonely life. My grandma is a busy body and when she calls and I have nothing new to report, she gets upset with me saying that I'm not meeting people or doing anything, when actually, I am pretty happy just being by myself.

Unhappiness creeps in some days, but that's what people here are for. :)

welcome :)

And to answer your question...Immaturity. I think you are spot on with the middle school feeling.

Hello and welcome to the site. I hope coming here will make your feel less lonely, and there are quite a few of us here who are lovin' the kitties! :)

Hello and a warm welcome to you. :)

Why? 'Cos he was being a jerk!!!

What's a professional woman?

Also maybe he's an in-the-closet lonely person, who laughs at someone else being lonely, then cries himself to sleep at night, spooning his extra long pillow.

Hello there and welcome. :)

I agree with the others- an immature jerk thinking he could get some sort of cheap laugh at your expense.

Hello to you, too, katkit, and welcome to the forum.

As for your question, my best bet would either be schadenfreude (joy from the misfortune of others), or he's laughing at others to make himself feel better about his own insecurities.

Hello there!

Better a cat lady than a sheep :)

Sounds to me like your colleague is an idiot. At least he's showing you his true colours loud and clear so you never have to wonder what sort of person he is.

Latest posts

Back