A Random Question

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
S

SophiaGrace

Has anyone ever had a problem they couldnt talk about because they lost hope that it could ever be resolved and so thus didnt want to burden others with it? And/Or they didnt speak of it because they felt others would look down on them and not understand their problems if they tried to explain?

Has anyone ever felt like they KNEW things would never get better and so, lost hope?

I've lost hope.

Arent people that lose hope called Pathetic because they feel they can have no effect on the world?

I feel pathetic because I've lost hope and feel powerless.

But arent people who are called pathetic both hopeless AND selfish?

My friends would not call me selfish.

I do not ask for help. Only for those that reply to answer the questions.

But if you feel you might be able to help, go for it.

-------------------------------------------------------
When we dont allow ourselves to hope, we dont allow ourselves to have a purpose. Without purpose, without meaning, life is dark. We've no light within and we're just living to die."

- Dean Koontz (From the Corner of his Eye)

Unacceptance said:
Excellent. now that's you've lost that illusion folks call hope, you can focus on living.

That is very pessimistic....

To lose hope is not a very smart thing to do, because basically that means that you just said "that's it, there is nothing that I can do, so fresia it".

And Sophia, what exactly are you referring to? That it is pathetic that you ask for help? Or that you asked for help too many times? Can you be more specific?

And how do you "know" things won't get better? What makes you so sure?

mr.inc said:

Not necessarily. Some people see hope as some kind of pie in the sky type wishing that gets substituted for constructive action.

I personally don't define hope in that manner.

SophiaGrace i am sorry you are going through a rough time. No i don't believe that a loss of hope makes a person pathetic. I do believe that situations an change and hope can be regained.

I agree with Unacceptance. To lose hope just means you've stopped trying to be what everyone else thinks you should be. For me, I lost hope a long time ago. At first it was very depressing, but now I can just accept who i am and, like Unacceptance said, I can start being who I am without all the pressure to try and be something I should be.

Interesting ^ All though I would had thought to loss hope means you stop trying to be who YOU wont to be. Not other ppl.

SophiaGrace said:
Has anyone ever had a problem they couldnt talk about because they lost hope that it could ever be resolved and so thus didnt want to burden others with it? And/Or they didnt speak of it because they felt others would look down on them and not understand their problems if they tried to explain?

Has anyone ever felt like they KNEW things would never get better and so, lost hope?

I've lost hope.

I have had pain with in myself that I thought other ppl would/could not understand. It is very difficult to deal with something that's giving you so much pain that you think you have to deal with all alone.

SophiaGrace said:
Arent people that lose hope called Pathetic because they feel they can have no effect on the world?

I certainly would not call anyone that loses hope pathetic.

SophiaGrace said:

Simply, NO. I just simply disagree with that statement.

But you are right about the friends bit.

SophiaGrace said:

When we dont allow ourselves to hope, we dont allow ourselves to have a purpose. Without purpose, without meaning, life is dark. We've no light within and we're just living to die."

I like the quote. Is true.

Hope can come from many different placers. You just have to open your eyes and look in the right place. Sometimes though that is a mammoth task.

I am probably not going to be able to help you with any problems you may have. But I can lend an ear and promise to never talk of what ever you tell me. You are always moor then welcome to PM me if you would like an ear to liston to you.

Unacceptance said:
Excellent. now that's you've lost that illusion folks call hope, you can focus on living.

That's an interesting concept Unaccceptance. But you assume that I hope for isnt something I myself want. (am I right?)

What I hope for IS something I want.

To lose hope is not a very smart thing to do, because basically that means that you just said "that's it, there is nothing that I can do, so fresia it".

And Sophia, what exactly are you referring to? That it is pathetic that you ask for help? Or that you asked for help too many times? Can you be more specific?

And how do you "know" things won't get better? What makes you so sure?
[/quote]

I feel I've asked for help too many times.

Because I feel enough time has passed for me to change into the person I need to be to achieve myd reams, and I havent changed.

Bluey said:
Interesting ^ All though I would had thought to loss hope means you stop trying to be who YOU wont to be. Not other ppl.

SophiaGrace said:

I've lost hope.

I have had pain with in myself that I thought other ppl would/could not understand. It is very difficult to deal with something that's giving you so much pain that you think you have to deal with all alone.

SophiaGrace said:

I certainly would not call anyone that loses hope pathetic.

SophiaGrace said:

Simply, NO. I just simply disagree with that statement.

But you are right about the friends bit.

SophiaGrace said:

I like the quote. Is true.

Hope can come from many different placers. You just have to open your eyes and look in the right place. Sometimes though that is a mammoth task.

I am probably not going to be able to help you with any problems you may have. But I can lend an ear and promise to never talk of what ever you tell me. You are always moor then welcome to PM me if you would like an ear to liston to you.

Bluey, if and when I feel that I can be helped, I'll talk about it with you, ok? :) Thank you for answering my questions so I dont feel so alone.

SophiaGrace said:

Because I feel enough time has passed for me to change into the person I need to be to achieve myd reams, and I havent changed.

A sentiment I well understand.

The thing about hope is that it only forms a very small part of the mechanics of change - a springboard if you like. Hope needs to be followed by a plan of some form, or all of that positive impetus is for nothing.

SophiaGrace said:

Dreams are the goal. They're always a work in progress, as far as I'm concerned.
SophiaGrace, it doesn't sound like you've lost all hope. You're here, aren't you?!
I tend to renew my hope every morning. Sometimes it's justified, often not. Often it fades towards evening, usually to be renewed next morning. I find every day a new adventure (sometimes positive, sometimes not so much), but I find the number one goal is to keep life interesting. If 'friends' can't do that, I explore other means.

If you feel no progress, it may be time to look at what you're doing and change patterns. Change is the only thing that's kept me alive and hoping.
take care
olg

SophiaGrace said:
Unacceptance said:

That's an interesting concept Unaccceptance. But you assume that I hope for isnt something I myself want. (am I right?)

Not quite, instead of hoping, accomplish. If you can't have, work with what you got. Hope is wishful thinking with a positive spin, start solving dilemmas to get what you think you want or know you need.

Unacceptance said:
SophiaGrace said:
Unacceptance said:

Not quite, instead of hoping, accomplish. If you can't have, work with what you got. Hope is wishful thinking with a positive spin, start solving dilemmas to get what you think you want or know you need.

thank you unacceptance :)

honeysuckle, I feel the exact way as you.

I dun think anything people can say to me will help unfortunately.

They never give me hope. The just entertain an idea of happiness that only lasts a quick moment.

There's nothing to do about it, but continue if you want & see if anything happens.

Latest posts

Back