Acceptance of death

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Rosebolt said:
nelloy said:
I'm sure they would. I guess its easy to accept death when you have no reason to believe its imminent. knowing its coming would be different.

I dont believe there is a 'heaven' as such. But I do believe what will be will be, fearing it serves no purpose and wont change it.

I thought about this often. I mean, in reality i'm just a young guy screaming that he has accepted death and is ready for anything to cross his path.

But am i? Yes, because i accepted death, i've done more things for example at work that i otherwise wouldn't. But i have never looked death in the eye, far from it. Last year, my three remaining grandparents all died in about 4 months. I was on good terms with all of them. That is, i think, the closest i have ever been to death, and of course, it wasn't about me.

So how would i react if i did get to look death in the eye? Would i look away? Would i hold a stare contest? I think that that's impossible to tell from where i am now, how i would react in such a situation that is. It's as the saying goes: "It's easy to have faith when everything's fine."

Is death something you can prepare for? It's the biggest happening in our lives, apart from life itself. Something of such a magnitude, can such a thing really be prepared for? I do think so, if you devote your life to, not necessarily death and only death, but devote your life to a cause that is above life, and therefore, above death. Then, you can find peace in dying, because you know you've led a good life, or know that death is not the end, or wathever floats your boat.

Its a really interesting thing because just about everything in life has some amount of scientific evidence behind it. Even with all the faith in the world, when you're on your death bed I'd imagine you would be scared as hell because no-one can tell you what to expect.

As you say, its impossible to know how you'd react if faced with your own death. I have seen alot of people pass-away from cancer and at some point they seem to come to a kind of inner peace and just accept their fate.... with faith. What else could you do?

My sister took a drug overdoes about 6 months ago and spent 3 days in a coma.... They couldnt say if she'd wake up or not. My youngest daughter at 12 months old had a serve allergy to her vaccines and a bout of chronic grand mal seizures, the drs thought she had a brain tumor. I'd much rather be faced with my own death than to relive those times when I was trying to prepare and ACCEPT that someone so loved would die.

Accepting death or choosing to be afraid of it... are they the same thing?

Bones said:
I accept death because I look at it as the next great adventure - in one way or another, a lot of questions would be answered that people have discussed for thousands of years.
I agree Bones, completely. I believe there is life after death and when the time comes I hope I can see the adventure in it

Latest posts

Back