advice?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Forever.Vines

Reaction score
short and sweet: im not feeling to great. my family has noticed it, but they seem to only like to ***** then to ask, 'Are you okay?' theres literaly no one, perhaps. i really dont know what to do with myself or all this horrible time.

Long walks in bare feet and elevate the heart rate for 30 minutes a day.
Write a list of all the thing you love and like in life and see if you can make a quest in excelling and measuring your success in these endeavor. Learn to do them well or get the most out of them.
Then identify the problems and work on them. :)

Also love lord of the rings.

I have a lot of time too. I mostly get caught up in fantasies and daydreams. That and learning of any kind empowers the soul. I would rather be watching or reading the drama then have a life full of drama. So while it may often suck to be alone, it could actually be a lot worse. With internet, movies, music, video games, we certainly have enough to keep us occupied and there is no overwhelming need to seek out real connections. If you think it's bad now, how do you think it must have been for most of history?

Phaedron,

Actually I think in previous societies it would have been a lot harder to find yourself completely isolated, because there would have been a much stronger sense of community. Everyone in your town or village would have known everyone else, and families who would have been much larger and more extensive than the nuclear family of today. Of course, if you did find yourself physically isolated, it would been almost total - whereas today at least we have telephones, the internet, and whatever. But even though we're always connected in these ways, it's a lot easier to be socially isolated in today's society than it was in the past.

Forever Vines,

I think you should try to avoid social isolation as much as possible.

Yes you are right and you are not alone. Here you are sharing with us all and therefore by definition not alone. As to lonely well that is less concrete and more abstract that is how you are feeling. So what we need is a concerted effort to minimise this feeling and then you will be neither lonely or alone and the feelings that associate themselves to both states.
We are all companions here and this is what we are striving for. It is a quest. Sure it is not to destroy the ring or save the people of a kingdom but every bit as important to us.

I am onto this. I am here to help us all in our quest. I hope you will see sense in what I propose when I do and support my idea. :)

Latest posts

Back