Afraid of what everyone thinks about me

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

zimopoliz

Reaction score
Hi!

I'm super stressed out because I don't know what everyone thinks about me. It's super annoying cause now I'm super insecure in school, but also in the neighborhood cause I don't know what everyone thinks about me. I'm afraid that the neighbors or classmates overheard something I said and misunderstood it...

Please help...

I sometimes have this fear, its draining as you can never know for sure and you worry even if they do like you, what if I do something that changes their mind.

For me this is caused by low self esteem, so working on boosting my self-esteem is important.

You likely also have low self esteem and working to fix it will cause you to worry less about what others think, which you never always know or control how they do.

You're not supposed to know what everyone thinks of you. Two sayings come to mind:

"What people in the world think of you is really none of your business."

And:

"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind."

There's no point in caring what others think about you. Either way they will form a good or bad opinion of you. It also sounds like you need a bit of confidence.

Confidence is admitting who you are, what you've done, and loving yourself for who you've become, no matter what others think of you.

One thing you need to remember about people's opinions of you is that those people don't really know you, so what they say really has no relevance to you. Yes, words can be hurtful, but only if you let them.
Be who you are and people will eventually get to know you and learn that whatever people say about you likely isn't true. Those who truly care about you will know the truth and that's really all that matters in life.

VanillaCreme said:
"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind."

This is one of my favorite quotes.

I had the same problem when I was in High School so I can relate but like others said to you, you shouldn't worry what others think about you. If others simply don't like you, it's their problem. When I went to High School I was always worrying about what others thought about me and I believe they saw right through me and they ended up bullying me; show them that you don't care by walking in there with your head held up high. :)

WallflowerGirl83 said:
I had the same problem when I was in High School so I can relate but like others said to you, you shouldn't worry what others think about you. If others simply don't like you, it's their problem. When I went to High School I was always worrying about what others thought about me and I believe they saw right through me and they ended up bullying me; show them that you don't care by walking in there with your head held up high. :)
*this* also, I think it's something that you get with age (the ability to not care) :).. There is something that I've lived by since school, and that is, if you think 100 years into the future, will it make any differance, that can apply for anything, it may sound depressing as you might think what's the point, but a lot of the time I've found that it frees you up to just say what the hell.. Go for it :)

How does a person get past caring what others think of him or her? Other than just not caring. This is something that is much easier said than done. People are different and one mans ability is anothers disabilty.
Not everybody is capable of the same thought process.

Latest posts

Back