All alone after getting out of a mental ward

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bodeilla

Reaction score
I just got out of a mental ward a few days ago for trying to kill myself. I live a lonely life. At the moment I'm all alone. I'll be all alone all week. Unless I drive to a support meeting tomorrow night, which I don't feel like doing.

My sister just lied to me. She's like virtual support in MMO land and totally bailed on me. She said she was going to play Guild Wars with me. Then said she couldn't afford to sit that much because she has Hashomotos. Well WoW is coming out with a new release tomorrow. She tells me today, that she is playing with her 2 daughters, son-in-law and husband. What happened to worrying about sitting too long?

I'm so upset. I have no one to talk to. I'm all alone. I made two friends in the mental ward. But that's the blind leading the blind.

What do I say to my sister? She lied to me. She just didn't want to play with me. I'm not important. I'm not "her family".

How do I get motivated to go to that support group? It's from 6 to 7 at night. That's late for me. I know it will help.

Bo

bodeilla said:
I just got out of a mental ward a few days ago for trying to kill myself. I live a lonely life. At the moment I'm all alone. I'll be all alone all week. Unless I drive to a support meeting tomorrow night, which I don't feel like doing.

My sister just lied to me. She's like virtual support in MMO land and totally bailed on me. She said she was going to play Guild Wars with me. Then said she couldn't afford to sit that much because she has Hashomotos. Well WoW is coming out with a new release tomorrow. She tells me today, that she is playing with her 2 daughters, son-in-law and husband. What happened to worrying about sitting too long?

I'm so upset. I have no one to talk to. I'm all alone. I made two friends in the mental ward. But that's the blind leading the blind.

What do I say to my sister? She lied to me. She just didn't want to play with me. I'm not important. I'm not "her family".

How do I get motivated to go to that support group? It's from 6 to 7 at night. That's late for me. I know it will help.

Bo

Bo, I am so sorry for what you have been going through.

I did not realize things were that bad.

I would encourage you to go to the support group. Talking this through can do wonders.

Tom

bodeilla said:

Bo

Bo, Being alone all week is so bad for you. The longer your isolated the worse you will feel. Trust me. So you gotta break patterns, routines and force yourself better. I know its hard, and it may go against everything you feel at that moment, but just go with it. Do go to your meeting, its important to spend time with real people as well as MMO people.

Support groups are vital, use the opportunity, don't waste it.

Do you have someone who you can call anytime in case you feel really bad?

I have a therapist. I'm getting ready to talk with her. But I only spend an hour and 15 with her a week. I have no one else to call. My partner is on the road working. I can't call her. We can't talk at night. Only for 15 minutes in the morning.

I am sorry to hear about you Bo. But please don't feel alone, we are your family and we want you to go to the meeting. you need it! Come on Bo you can't give up merely because your sister has her own priorities. It hurts but forget about her, you have this huge ALL family. You gotta fight with it!!

You answered your own question.

bodeilla said:

That is your motivation to go. Sometimes the only person you can rely on is yourself, so that is who you do it for.

*nods* go to the support group meeting. You can even post here telling us you are getting ready to go or are leaving to go. We won't mind.

What about finding a support group online? There are a million of them out there, just type it into google and you'll come up with something. If you can't bring yourself to go to the face to face meetings, find something online, it's better than nothing at all. Even if you go to one of the chat rooms here, it would probably help somewhat.

That said, you SHOULD go to the face to face meetings, it benefits you more because you are around other people, you can talk to people, you can see them, they can see you. They can see how much you're hurting, they can offer support in ways that MMO chats and online chats can't.

Good luck, Bo. I hope you find the strength to go to the meeting.

Thanks for all the support. I feel more motivated now. We'll see tomorrow night how I feel. I did find an Over-eater's Anonymous meeting for tomorrow afternoon. I put it in my GPS. I know where the other meeting is. Wow, two meetings in one day would be awesome.

The OA meeting is M - F at noon. I could commit to that. Except when I speak with my therapist. I talk to her again on Wednesday around noon.

My therapist and I are going to start having sessions twice a week. So that will help me.

Bo

sorry to hear, hope you find as many support groups as possible, the more the better. After what happened it is not good to be alone, I know by experience :-/

Go to the support group whenever it's open. If you've nothing else to go on, it might help you more then you know. As for your Sister, try not to be too upset. You don't want to annoy her to the point that she doesn't want to help you at all. You should try some Volunteering too. It's a great way to get motivated and maybe even make friends. Good luck~

bodeilla said:
Thanks for all the support. I feel more motivated now. We'll see tomorrow night how I feel. I did find an Over-eater's Anonymous meeting for tomorrow afternoon. I put it in my GPS. I know where the other meeting is. Wow, two meetings in one day would be awesome.

The OA meeting is M - F at noon. I could commit to that. Except when I speak with my therapist. I talk to her again on Wednesday around noon.

My therapist and I are going to start having sessions twice a week. So that will help me.

Bo

Did you go to the meeting?

Hi! Thanks for checking. Yes. I went to the meeting. It was good to get out and be around other people. I talked a little. Met some nice folks.

bodeilla said:
Hi! Thanks for checking. Yes. I went to the meeting. It was good to get out and be around other people. I talked a little. Met some nice folks.

Thats great. Keep it up this way.

Went to the 6-7 meeting last night. I was the only mentally ill person. Everyone else was a substance abuse person. I felt out of place. I once used a long time ago. It's been 9 years.

I was irritated because the hospital said it was an Aftercare program. The mediator said it was a dual-diagnosis group. So to be fair, some of them could have had MI issues.

But I went.

Bo

Bill Compton said:
So you gotta break patterns, routines and force yourself better. I know its hard, and it may go against everything you feel at that moment, but just go with it.
Support groups are vital, use the opportunity, don't waste it.

I agree completely with Bill. I know that telling someone to "force themselves" can sound like an impossibility to certain people (especially those suffering from depression and various social disorders) but personally, I practise this all the time and it does work.
a person can train or climatize themselves to change. it won't be instant, and sometimes it can feel worse before it gets better.
sheltering yourself or avoiding uncomfortable situations is counter-productive in the long term for certain.

I suffer from bi-polar disorder with voices that are unexplainable. They're different than the normal voices people hear. They are repetitive and nonsensical.

Latest posts

Back