All alone after getting out of a mental ward

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks for checking. I'm feeling better emotionally. I belong to this place called mental earth dot com. I write there a lot.

I just found some other people with voices like mine. My doctor acts like I'm the only one she's heard of. Pisses me off. The people I found were very similar not exact, so I'll give my doc a little break.

The voices get me most. I try music but that doesn't work. Only meditation, writing, TV, reading and talking works. Oh and sleeping. Sometimes I get pissed off and tell if to STF-UP and that works for about 5 minutes.

Bo

I know about these auditory hallucinations. May i ask what do you exactly hear?

I hear repetitive nonsense like "umpha empha", "dunka dirka", "urtha humpha", etc. It's crazy stuff. Sometimes, I'll hear something on TV and repeat that in understandable English, but than it becomes all garbled up. The words twist.

I notice a rhythm. "Dunta Dunta", if I were to sing.

That's best how I can explain it. Do you suffer from them too? Or know of anyone?

Bo

Hank2 said:
Bill Compton said:
So you gotta break patterns, routines and force yourself better. I know its hard, and it may go against everything you feel at that moment, but just go with it.
Support groups are vital, use the opportunity, don't waste it.

I agree completely with Bill. I know that telling someone to "force themselves" can sound like an impossibility to certain people (especially those suffering from depression and various social disorders) but personally, I practise this all the time and it does work.
a person can train or climatize themselves to change. it won't be instant, and sometimes it can feel worse before it gets better.
sheltering yourself or avoiding uncomfortable situations is counter-productive in the long term for certain.

totally agreed:)

bodeilla said:
I hear repetitive nonsense like "umpha empha", "dunka dirka", "urtha humpha", etc. It's crazy stuff. Sometimes, I'll hear something on TV and repeat that in understandable English, but than it becomes all garbled up. The words twist.

I notice a rhythm. "Dunta Dunta", if I were to sing.

That's best how I can explain it. Do you suffer from them too? Or know of anyone?

Bo
How are you Bod?
I am a doc, junior though.
What meds are you on? any sorta therapy? are they working?

Hey Bo, was just reading through the posts and thought I'd give you a hug. *HUGS*

Keep strong and keep going to the meetings. Don't ever give up. See, so many people on here care about you. That includes me. Hope you're feeling better by now. Take care. I'll keep checking back to see your progress. :)

Hi! Thanks for the hugs. BrokenInside you asked about the meds. I'm on Loxitane and Saphris for the voices and Luvox for the depression that comes with hearing the voices and just being bi-polar. I'm not manic ever. Mainly depressed with voices. I'm in therapy twice a week. It's not helping much. But I try.

The meds help some with the voices. I know because I tried taking less because they dumb you down, and I wanted to be brighter for the GRE, but then the voices got worse. So they do help. But not completely. I'm not going back to school. I'm just going to be a drugged out dumb ass. Better than hearing voices.

Latest posts

Back