ALL Book by Sin - Prologue

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Leo, I have already stated that before I start writing about the site and all of the members I am using, I will get consent. If I have to change the name of the site in the book. I know how to write and all the things I need, so don't correct me on anything there, I am simply asking for an opinion on the writing on this itself.

The Wonderful Sin said:
The prologue is complete fiction. The book is creative non. Which means that parts of it are real, parts are completely made up.

The ''parts of it are real" part needs to be left out, as would, I imagine the real name of the place.

It could be something as simple as "This Lonely Life.com" or "We are all lonely here.com." Otherwise there is liability.

I'll make a topic later, anyone who wants to be in the book can post there I'll have a link to a consent form, they can print it, sign it, and fax it to me. I will also be asking Bjarne about using the real name, if not, I need help coming up with a name that would fit the prologue, note what I mean is the A-L-O-N-E part

I am getting the finishing touches on the consent forms right now, I will have to set up a fax machine and find out the number and legalize the document before I have it all set up online, so it will be a while still. Note that if no permissions are given, I will still make the book, only make it a complete work of fiction based on a similar site under a different name and all. I'll need to make a second form for Bjarne to give permission for me to use the site name, but that will only be created if he is okay with it, I will email him about it soon. If not, then I will make up a name for the site that still fits the prologue. The site name in the prologue WILL be changed if need be.

Just thought I'd give a heads up. I will acknowledge this site in that section of the book, but will still keep the name hidden if permission is not given.

What are your plans for the book? Paperback publication or something? E-book?

I suggest that before you see about publishing this, you post it in its entirety (or make available) for the purpose of complete transparency. It would be nice for everyone to be able to read it before publication, just to make sure that all credit is given and names withheld.

*shrug* Just for propriety's sake, that would be a good idea. Don't worry, no one would plag. it or anything.

----Steve

I plan on giving credit where credit is due, and I plan on withholding names, don't worry, I have the consent forms completely finished, just need to legalize them and get them up, I plan on sending a few copies of it out here and there for people here to read before it is published. But to make sure to get it so that people don't plagiarize I will get it copy-written before sending out a few lol :p

Badjedidude said:

Lol ya still didn't answer ma question. :p

----Steve

The Wonderful Sin said:
I know it's rather depressing, but do remember that it is a complete work of fiction, the book will be full of everything that is ALL, that just gets teh book going and shows some of the bad here. Do know that that is the worst in the book I plan to go right there, just to develop a plot in the fiction part of the book.

I don't think many people here would appreciate you writing about them at all. People don't come to this forum to have a book written about them.

If you'd like to write about your own personal experience, sure. But to generalize the site as an entire that way, it's not appreciated.

VanillaCreme said:
The Wonderful Sin said:
I know it's rather depressing, but do remember that it is a complete work of fiction, the book will be full of everything that is ALL, that just gets teh book going and shows some of the bad here. Do know that that is the worst in the book I plan to go right there, just to develop a plot in the fiction part of the book.

I don't think many people here would appreciate you writing about them at all. People don't come to this forum to have a book written about them.

If you'd like to write about your own personal experience, sure. But to generalize the site as an entire that way, it's not appreciated.

I second Creme....

The Wonderful Sin said:
Leo, I have already stated that before I start writing about the site and all of the members I am using, I will get consent. If I have to change the name of the site in the book. I know how to write and all the things I need, so don't correct me on anything there, I am simply asking for an opinion on the writing on this itself.

mintymint said:
VanillaCreme said:
The Wonderful Sin said:

I second Creme....

Third

Ah, good. I was rather concerned that I was the only one who was going to say anything.

Badjedidude said:
Badjedidude said:

----Steve
paperback

And lol, hasn't anyone been reading? I said that only people who want to be in the book will be in the book, those will be the bits of reality in the book, otherwise it is a work of fiction. like the 5th time I've said that...

The Wonderful Sin said:
Badjedidude said:
Badjedidude said:

----Steve
paperback

And lol, hasn't anyone been reading? I said that only people who want to be in the book will be in the book, those will be the bits of reality in the book, otherwise it is a work of fiction. like the 5th time I've said that...

Yet, you've said you're writing about "the site", which includes all of us. And we're telling you, as "the site", we don't appreciate it much. You're not paying much attention to what we're saying, or what you say for that matter.

I have a suggestion. You can take it or leave it as you see fit.

If you're really dead-set on writing this book, then write it. But make it a COMPLETE work of fiction. Leave the forum out of it altogether. Have him commit suicide, and have his fifteen year-old child learn about his/her father through a different medium. Perhaps a journal, or a blog he maintained under a pen-name. It could be anything. Just don't isolate and/or offend anybody on this site. It's pretty clear (at least to me) that people aren't keen about you utilizing ANYTHING from this forum, be it content, characters, or even a "fictional" version of A Lonely LIfe.

I can tell you are eager, and you're excited about this project. That's good! Writing isn't worth the effort if you're not enthusiastic about it. But sometimes a good writer needs to detach themselves from their own perspective for a little while, and critically examine their own concept from all angles. Ask yourself (amongst a plethora of other questions), "is this the best way to present my story? WILL ANYBODY BE OFFENDED?"

There are already a number of people who are offended by your current concept. Please, as they are the fuel who has fed your enthusiasm for this project, DO NOT BETRAY THEM.

Good luck with whatever you decide.

I agree, Spare. I wouldn't say offended, really, but more of having permission. Which that he has none of. It's almost like going up to someone and poking them. If they tell you stop, you stop. You don't continue poking them.

I can see some users being upset about their story or even anything simple from any of their posts being placed in a book. And instead of making someone upset about using their information for your own pleasure, it just shouldn't be done.

VanillaCreme said:
I agree, Spare. I wouldn't say offended, really, but more of having permission. Which that he has none of. It's almost like going up to someone and poking them. If they tell you stop, you stop. You don't continue poking them.

I can see some users being upset about their story or even anything simple from any of their posts being placed in a book. And instead of making someone upset about using their information for your own pleasure, it just shouldn't be done.

You're right, "offended" is the wrong word. I really, really had to go to the bathroom while I was posting that, so I was in a hurry. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back