aloha

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
O

Occipudding

hi, my name is joshua. im 22 and i live in queens, ny. im a shy, lonely person. i don't really feel like expanding on that at the moment but hopefully, ill be able to find some people that i have something in common (i.e. loneliness, social inadequacies, etc) with on here who i would enjoy talking to and would enjoy talking to me. i guess that's about it for now. feeling kinda shitty at the moment and don't feel much like describing myself. any questions, fire away. hi everybody.

konichiwa occipudding oo, is that like pudding with bits of octopus in it, or just a slusly octopus stew? sounds kinda good I've never had octopus but I've had some squid, what about you are you a fan?

anyway I'm sorry your feeling down bad days can be worse when you don't have anyone by your side to help you cope.

so what are some of your interests or hobbies?

evanescencefan91 said:
konichiwa occipudding oo, is that like pudding with bits of octopus in it, or just a slusly octopus stew? sounds kinda good I've never had octopus but I've had some squid, what about you are you a fan?

anyway I'm sorry your feeling down bad days can be worse when you don't have anyone by your side to help you cope.

so what are some of your interests or hobbies?

lol no. the bone in the back of your cranium is called the occipital bone and pudding is an odd textured dessert that i am not entirely fond of. hobbies? i like listening to music. as cliche as it sounds, i listen to pretty much a little bit of everything except country. rock, rap, punk, electronic, jazz, etc, etc. my favorite bands are the smashing pumpkins and the deftones. i play guitar. i used to read a lot until i started school. don't really have a favorite author. i like anything that's well written and interesting. ive read a lot of books about prison, hemingway, and random works of fiction and nonfiction. if anybody's interested, i would suggest reading "Mr. Vertigo" by Paul Auster and "Mountains Beyond Mountains: The Quest of Dr. Paul Farmer, a Man Who Would Cure the World" by Tracy Kidder. can't honestly say those are my favorite books but they'd definitely be in my top 5. mr. vertigo is a great, albeit sad story and it's written extremely well. mountains beyond mountains is a true account of a doctor from boston who has dedicated his life to providing life-saving treatments to impoverished peoples in some of the poorest, most disease-ridden countries in the world. it's a very powerful book. philosophy irks me. i write poetry but normally, i can't stand reading it. i like pablo neruda though. interests? well, the human body interests me, which i guess is a good thing since i recently got certified as a new york state emt. i'm especially interested in the human heart. i love learning about the heart. i think it's so cool. i like learning about prison culture, but hopefully it's not something i'll ever be learning about firsthand. im also interested in learning about life in the 3rd world, which is something im considering learning firsthand after i get my paramedic license, which i don't think i'll be getting as soon as i thought. found out today that i messed up and got a D in a&p, which means ill probably have to wait another year to start my medic class. used to be very interested in politics when i was younger. now though, couldn't care a whole lot less. society's messed up and i don't see it getting much better. sure governments are corrupt and cater to the highest bidder but i dont place the blame solely on them anymore. humans in general i see as unredeemable, selfish, lazy bags of meat and that's just the way it is. im a cynic. most people would call me a pessimist but i dont see the glass as being half empty, i see it as being half broke. i guess i have some bitterness in me but i try to keep my head up and i try to do good and be a good person. i used to smoke a lot of weed until i started my emt class back in september and though remaining in this line of work is more important to me than getting high, i still miss it incredibly. wrote a poem about it even a couple months back that ill probably end up posting in the art section of this board. hmm, what else? i like the beach. i'd like to get back into the habit of meditating on a daily basis but easier said than done. my favorite movies are the prophecy with christopher walken (the whole trilogy [which is now up to 5 titles, actually] is great), battle royale (for which the book also amazed me), and fulltime killer, which is an over-the-top hong kong action flick, and 28 days later. i watch little miss sunshine or this old showtime series called jeremiah (which i have the first season on dvd and will probably be buying the 2nd season on itunes sometime in the near future) when im feeling really down. my short term goals are to be more outgoing, find love again, and find a non-narcotic activity to give me a natural high. my long-term goal is to never ever ever re-enter a life of poverty or even come close to it. hopefully ill find something that interests me and will also yield some finance and die filthy rich. thanks for welcoming me. any other questions?

wow you sound pretty interesting, so you're working to get a medical degree wow thats great, a lot of work though i bet. Good luck I hope you stick with it. are you planning to get a career in medical or surgical, or something else? you said you were interested in the heart so have you thought about being a cardiologist. oo I love little Miss sunshine that is such a great movie I loved how they snuck the grandfather out of the hospital. I've only seen 28 days later once but i thought it was pretty cool. i like the smashing pupkins too are you a fan of their new stuff, off the zeitergeist album? I found out i guess it means time ghost or spirt of the age. I like it, My favorite song of theirs is bullet with butterfly wings.

To be honset I'm not too found of people either, a few years ago i joined the online group volentary human extinction program, it's not as bad as it sounds it's just against people having kids when the world is way overcrowded. To me Humanity just a rapidly spawing virus slowly killing the planet, I'm a bit of a greenie and I'm interested in enviromental science. I was watching parts of 6 degrees could change the world on the science chanel a few days a go, it was pretty cool, but kinda omg we're gonna die! well unfortunatly it might be kinda true.

thanks for sharing you seem like a pretty cool guy

evanescencefan91 said:
wow you sound pretty interesting, so you're working to get a medical degree wow thats great, a lot of work though i bet. Good luck I hope you stick with it. are you planning to get a career in medical or surgical, or something else? you said you were interested in the heart so have you thought about being a cardiologist. oo I love little Miss sunshine that is such a great movie I loved how they snuck the grandfather out of the hospital. I've only seen 28 days later once but i thought it was pretty cool. i like the smashing pupkins too are you a fan of their new stuff, off the zeitergeist album? I found out i guess it means time ghost or spirt of the age. I like it, My favorite song of theirs is bullet with butterfly wings.

To be honset I'm not too found of people either, a few years ago i joined the online group volentary human extinction program, it's not as bad as it sounds it's just against people having kids when the world is way overcrowded. To me Humanity just a rapidly spawing virus slowly killing the planet, I'm a bit of a greenie and I'm interested in enviromental science. I was watching parts of 6 degrees could change the world on the science chanel a few days a go, it was pretty cool, but kinda omg we're gonna die! well unfortunatly it might be kinda true.

thanks for sharing you seem like a pretty cool guy

well im getting a degree in paramedicine, not a medical degree. have thought about being a doctor. mainly for the money. i mean medicine interests me and all but if it paid enough, i'd probably just stop in emergency medical services. still considering medical school but if i can't get my honeysuckle together and do better in a&p next time around, i guess i'll just stay in ems for a while until i figure out something cool that pays better. ems workers are horribly underpaid. thought about cardiology. not really interested at the moment but perhaps that will all change after i've been in this field for a while. not really much of a fan of the new pumpkins stuff. i don't really consider them the smashing pumpkins anyway. they should be called billy corgan and his smashing pumpkins, or zwan, or something. but it's just not the same band. was really disappointed with zeitgeist. i find it really hard to pick a favorite song of theirs, though bwbw is probably somewhere near the bottom of the list lol. i mean dont get me wrong, it's a great song, but there are so many songs that are so much better: hummer, mayonaise, here is no why, where boys fear to tread, frail and bedazzled, silverfuck, muzzle, porcelina of the vast oceans, galapogos, blew away, marquis in spades, rhinoceros, behold! the nightmare, drown, lol i could go on and on. i love sp. their music speaks to me in so many ways. anyway, ,next topic. it's not really people having kids that i have a problem with. it's people having kids who have no business parenting. there's a lot of that going on. people are selfish. we're born that way and it's easier to accomodate that selfishness than to try and reform it. few that i've noticed are able to break away from it and say "hey, this is wrong." so we take advantage of eachother and we take advantage of the earth and it's all ok. it's sad but it seems as if the old mantra from the 80s, "whoever dies with the most toys wins" has carried over into the 20th century. maybe it's always been like this. but i live here now and it's all i see. sure i want nice things, i want to be financially secure enough to do what i want, when i want, how i want to but at what price? it's all messed up. anyway, if you have aim and feel like talking to a psycho like me, my screen name is thehumynzygote. im usually up for conversation.

Hello Occipudding, welcome to the forum :)
Paramedicine sounds really cool btw. Hope you enjoy your time here..

thanks for more welcomey messages. if anybody happens to read either of those 2 books i recommended, let me know what you think of them.

Hello occipudding, yeay! Another new yorker :) nice to have you here :) hope you'll enjoy your stay.

WELCOME!

Hello occipudding, yeay! Another new yorker :) nice to have you here :) hope you'll enjoy your stay.

WELCOME!

toxic-tears said:

WELCOME!

hey, awesome! another new yorker! where in ny do you live?

welcome to the forum Joshua :)
I hope you're able to find people you connect with here as well!

Occipudding said:
lonely person. i don't really feel like expanding on that at the moment

viannen_28.gif
..staten island

Kristen said:
Occipudding said:
lonely person. i don't really feel like expanding on that at the moment

viannen_28.gif
..staten island

oh, so you're from jersey... lol
i grew up in jersey. town right outside newark, which is closer to manhattan than staten island is. interesting, huh?

um....hey dont start...grrrrrrrrrrrrrr
staten island is 25 min away from Manh. by Ferry

oh well, im moving to Brkl. soon anyway ,so f. S.I. now and its dirty ass south beach

where in bk you moving to? my mom lives in brownsville. i, on the other hand, live in sunnyside, queens, where it's safe to walk around at night lol. havent really been to staten island too much. been on the ferry but i dont really walk around your dirty ass island. i just sit and wait for the return trip back to civilization ;)
i'm sorry, is that starting or escalating?

mm...the island is pretty dirty mostly right around the ferry. and boring..cant wait to get the hell out of here..

Latest posts

Back