Alone and w/o true friends

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sassy_gurl2009

Reaction score
"I feel all alone. Even around other people I feel alone. I just wanna join my mother. That's all I ask."
-Aurore Gagnon, 10 in 1919

This quote from the movie Aurore (true story) really spoke to me. Though I had never gone through the torture she had at the hands of her stepmother who subsequently killed her, I could relate to feeling alone. I never had a true friend. I have a good job and everything. I go to church on Sundays. I only have 1 true friend as of recently. She's the only one I could call at the crack of dawn should something go wrong. The only one who doesn't judge me and likes me for me.

All my past friendships are no longer there. Lots of people either no longer likes me or never liked me in the first place. Church and work are my only connection. I made that one true friend at church. Will I also make one at work? How do I deal?

You'll probably make friends at work, but they just may be that "work friends". You have one true friend, that's good. I work by myself most of the time, I have a part time student who comes in for an hour and a half after school three days a week. We talk, he tells me stuff. He thinks we're friends, we don't talk outside of work but that's to do with the age difference. When it comes to work I feel as long as you can get along with people that's good enough. Friendships come and go, it's the ones that stay that are worth it.

Haha that's good. I get along with everyone at work. I'll just have to wait and see how things pan out lol.

Latest posts

Back