Alone in the toilet...

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wishtobemyself

Reaction score
I've been lonely since years back at first grade elementary school.
I've never been get into anyone. I became friends with a girl but that's temporary. Break time is my worst nightmare. When other kids play games outside, what am I doing? I never really have confidence to mingle with other kids. So I LOCKED MY SELF INSIDE THE BATHROOM. Yes, that smelly stinky bathroom. Somehow I feel save there. At least, nobody knows that I am loner. I cant play with anyone. Because I don't want other kids to see me all alone during break time, so I locked myself in that honeysuckle hole. What am I doing there? I don't know. I'm just waiting for the bell rings. The bell that signals break time is up. After that, I go back to my classroom. Hoping no one ever see me alone at break time. I'm scared of what other kids think about me.

I'm so pathetic... I need a friend badly. I need it so bad.

Wishtobemyself said:
I've never been get into anyone. I became friends with a girl but that's temporary. Break time is my worst nightmare. When other kids play games outside, what am I doing? I never really have confidence to mingle with other kids. So I LOCKED MY SELF INSIDE THE BATHROOM. Yes, that smelly stinky bathroom. Somehow I feel save there. At least, nobody knows that I am loner. I cant play with anyone. Because I don't want other kids to see me all alone during break time, so I locked myself in that honeysuckle hole. What am I doing there? I don't know. I'm just waiting for the bell rings. The bell that signals break time is up. After that, I go back to my classroom. Hoping no one ever see me alone at break time. I'm scared of what other kids think about me.

When I was in high school I didn't really have many friends either. So, during lunch time I would go up to the fifth floor (big school) where there weren't very many people and just sit by the window and draw. Occasionally someone would come by and look at what I was doing...Made a few friends that way.

Instead of hanging out in the crapper, you might try finding a quiet spot somewhere else and draw, read a book, plot the world's demise on some graph paper or whatever. You never know, you might make someone curious and make a new friend.

JustLost said:
Wishtobemyself said:

When I was in high school I didn't really have many friends either. So, during lunch time I would go up to the fifth floor (big school) where there weren't very many people and just sit by the window and draw. Occasionally someone would come by and look at what I was doing...Made a few friends that way.

Instead of hanging out in the crapper, you might try finding a quiet spot somewhere else and draw, read a book, plot the world's demise on some graph paper or whatever. You never know, you might make someone curious and make a new friend.

lol I did that to it works XD

Now i have like 20 friends.

I totally understand the logic of hiding away somewhere, I used to hide myself away in the library at uni just so I wouldn't be wandering around by myself looking stupid. It does feel kind of humiliating to be stuck on your own so you don't want people to see that

Wishtobemyself said:

...Break time is my worst nightmare. When other kids play games outside, what am I doing? Hoping no one ever see me alone at break time. I'm scared of what other kids think about me....

I had forgotten about elementary school and hiding the fact that i was alone and doing nothing during breaks while everyone else was involved in some form of social gaming activity.

Once a guy came to me at break saying that he was going to spend this break with me doing what ever i normally do during break. That should have been great except that i didn't want him to know that all i did was move from place to place staring at my feet. I ran him off in the hopes that it would prevent him from noticing what an outsider i was.

pretty much an example of loneliness reinforcing it's self.

I was okay before college...now I find the most remote bench in the middle of the woods, or I walk through random corridors in the hospital/Medical Sciences building, hang out in deserted stairwells, etc. If I'm with people I know, and they're talking to someone else for even a minute, I immediately whip out my phone and play tetris. This is totally lame, but if I'm really desperate, I text myself to make it seem like I have people to talk to. I sit on the furthest and most inside seat on the bus. Sometimes I just go driving just so my roommates don't think I've been a recluse all day. I hate being fake, but I'm pretty full of honeysuckle in regards to my social life.

My freshman year I lost my best friend (since he decided I wasnt cool enough to remain in his presence) and with him the other friends I had since they were his friends and apparently just being nice to me til he went jock and I went.....loner/reject?
I would sit and just listen to loud music, giving people the evil eye whenever they came close...I had a lot of personal problems back then and those social issues still affect me...but I have found a group of people that for the most part I can sit and listen to, ocassionally I'l talk but they just arent that interesting.....

You shouldnt lock yourself in the bathroom, just be in plain sight somewhere off to the side, if someone starts teasing you just be cruel/sarcastic, the dumb ones tend to be the instigators so are easy to confuse 'youre wasting your "precious" time to come annoy me while I was trying to relax, wow, your life must suck compared to mine' (I used that against this one kid.....he is my best friend now lol, but thats a long, unrelated story. Dont be afriand of others! If they dont want to interact with you then you shouldnt care what they think)

Ah, this brings back memories from high school. Hiding in the toilet during lunch breaks, sitting in the library pretending to read a book, walking away from the school and then back to make time go. Everything to hide my loneliness.

Sure glad those days are over ^^

Can't really give any good advice, sorry. Just hang in there. High school sucks so much, but it wont last forever

lol, I could not go to the toilet if there was only one other person sitting in one of the stalls. :p

I totally understand, last year I used to go to the park and each my lunch on my own (which was a problem when it was raining, which is alot in england ;)) when i was at college (which is basically high school in america) because i was too shy to ask the people in my class if i could hang out with them. But this year I seemed to have built up a relationship with a few people in my class, so i don't have to hide myself away anymore. I always found making friends a slow process... but it will happen you just have to wait for a nice person to come along!

I always used to sit by myself at events. If I went to a basketball game, I'd sit up high in the bleachers. In class people wouldnt sit next to me (maybe I smelled?). I wasnt allowed to go to my friend's houses when I was little because of my medical condition and I was separated at an eary age because of my medical condition. I always had to go out in the hall for medical treatments and exercised alone during P.E. Because my mother was afraid someone would hit my trache or Jaw.

So, some of my isolation wasnt by choice.

Now I just hide away on the internet. lol. I have no idea how to make close friends offline XD.

Hopefully things will get better someday n__n

Yep I totally understand aswell, make some friends here? meanwhile try a bit more in the real world? I know it is hard.....we could support you.

lmao....

I used to lock myself in the bathroom to take a break for my 2 duaghters when they were younger
becuase they were a little energizer bunnies.

I also used to lock myself in the bathroom when my ex-gf used to interigate the honeysuckle out of me for
freaken days. She was on diet it pills (speed) freaken zooming out, paraniod and all kinds crazy honeysuckle.
Keep me up night after night to intergate me and won't stop. The freaken crazy energizer bunny.:(

I isolate myself for almost a year...I hardly left my house or my room.
When I went to the store..I wore shades, a baseball cap and a hooded sweater...after pysching myself
out for a couple of hours to make a 5 mins trip.

Hijacc said:
JustLost said:
Wishtobemyself said:

lol I did that to it works XD

Now i have like 20 friends.

of course your a good artist who wouldnt want to stand over your shoulder and watch O_O

I wish I could be an unabashed loner but I like you worry about what other ppl think so I have to pretend like I have a life, even then ppl who have known me for awhile probably see through my bullsh*t. I work the second shift at my job and have to sit around in a shared work area with three other guys. Since I have no life I have little to say of substance. No interesting weekend, girlfriend problems, funny stories so I try to leave the room as much as possible to avoid being teased for having such an empty life.

I can't imagine being in a social environment like school again, but you will be out of there eventually and won't have to hang out in the bathroom anymore. You will get to hide in much nicer places.

Latest posts

Back