alone scale

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

man of one

Reaction score
How much do you guys tolerate being alone? like from a scale from 1-10, 10 being like I can be alone forever no problem, dont need any social interaction and dont need anyone and 1 obviously being a social extrovert that constantly needs someone by their sides..

I classify myself as a 9, enjoy being alone and can be alone for long periods of time, but there comes a time where I need at least some social interaction, chatting through the computer fills the need..

what about you guys?

Based on what you said, i would say about a seven. I enjoy being alone and can go days without even seeing another living soul and i am fine with that. Chatting on the computer doesn't completely fill what little social need i have. I seem to need some face to face time on occasion.

I don't really know how to answer this. Do you want how I would like it to be or how I am forced to be? I'd say that I'm a 9 since I barely ever talk with anyone face to face, but if I actually had any friends that lived around here, I'd be a 5 or so.

I think that secretly I want to be the life and soul of the party, and would love nothing more than having a partner with whom I would spend every available minute.

For me, it'll be a 5. I feel like I can either live with or without social interaction. Though I must say it does feel better with social interaction sometimes.

For most people, loneliness is probably something that varies depending on mood and situations.

At current, I don't feel lonely at all, but like I explained above, it varies.

The reason i'm on this forum is to get to the 10. Right now, i'm at about 6-7 i think.

maybe 3? 2? it's not like I cannot spend some time alone happily, but without human contact I wither and die

Rosebolt said:
The reason i'm on this forum is to get to the 10. Right now, i'm at about 6-7 i think.

It's not a weakness to need other people Rosebolt...

Minus said:
Based on what you said, i would say about a seven. I enjoy being alone and can go days without even seeing another living soul and i am fine with that. Chatting on the computer doesn't completely fill what little social need i have. I seem to need some face to face time on occasion.

^^ This - exactly.

5- I can handle being alone for long periods of time. Actually I need to be alone for certain periods of time. However, I have a strong social drive as well, and I can fall into depression if that goes unmet. The desire is definitely there. Now, getting people to reciprocate in social interactions is another matter all together.

Based on mood. Typically an 8 or 9 but I have a strong need, or rather a want, of companionship. I can go days, weeks, even months without talking to anyone, but I dont want to live my whole life alone. I do crave a social circle so sometimes a 5

Latest posts

Back