ALONE

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jerasmussen

Reaction score
So, my wife just packed up our daughters and left 2 weeks ago, she has a great new job with upscale friends, time to move on I guess. I was a stay at home dad and now I'm a stay at home nothing. I just stare at the ceiling all day and miss my daughters.

Someone talk to me before I go nuts, at least until the money runs out and I'm sleeping under a bridge: then it won't matter, I'll just be another crazy homeless guy you cross the street to avoid. :(

You mean she just up and left you? Why didn't you go with her? I'm curious to what the story behind this is..

Wow, sorry to hear your story. Welcome to the site though.

Sorry to hear that.

Welcome to the site.

ladyforsaken said:
You mean she just up and left you? Why didn't you go with her? I'm curious to what the story behind this is..

She's 16 years younger than me. We fell passionately in love (at least I did), I married her, worked to provide for her so she could go to medical school, we had children, I quit my career of 21 years to raise them, we spent my entire retirement so she could live in comfort and now that she has a $250,000.00 / year job lined up, she takes the kids and says we're through. I'm left with no income, no savings and my children are living with her parents. LIFE SUCKS!

Thanks for all the comments everyone; it's nice to hear "I'm Sorry" rather than "Old Fool"

Wow sorry to hear that, sucks.
Hope you find your way.
But welcome to the site, it's kinda like cheers and bit of Frasier
as well.:p
I wish you well.:)

I'm so sorry to hear you're story. I hope you get to see your children soon. Welcome to the site, you will meet many great people here to talk to.

Hang in there.

Sorry to hear about your troubles. Welcome to the forum.

Jerasmussen said:
ladyforsaken said:

She's 16 years younger than me. We fell passionately in love (at least I did), I married her, worked to provide for her so she could go to medical school, we had children, I quit my career of 21 years to raise them, we spent my entire retirement so she could live in comfort and now that she has a $250,000.00 / year job lined up, she takes the kids and says we're through. I'm left with no income, no savings and my children are living with her parents. LIFE SUCKS!

Thanks for all the comments everyone; it's nice to hear "I'm Sorry" rather than "Old Fool"

****. That's harsh, cold and cruel.

:(

Do you not have any other family you can seek help from?

You are Not a fool.
Please give yourself a break.
You sound like you are a giving and caring soul and
that's something to you should remember.
I'm really sorry to hear how life had treated you and I
hope things start to turn around for you.

ladyforsaken said:
Jerasmussen said:
ladyforsaken said:

****. That's harsh, cold and cruel.

:(

Do you not have any other family you can seek help from?

The entirety of my family consists of my mother, age 91, who is wonderfully supportive but in an assisted living center and also limited by cognitive issues. Not Alzheimer's, just the general forgetfulness and confusion that comes with being on this rock for nearly a century.

My wife has decided that she will give me $750.00 for my troubles, provided I vacate the apartment so that she can move back in with our daughters. I have about $3,000.00 left in the bank, which means I can hold out for another month before the wolf is at the door.

I'm taking night classes to try and re-enter the job market as a Cisco network analyst, but that 's a year away. I have a lawyer who seems to think some of my retirement is recoverable, but then can't seem to get my wife served.

I can see the kids over the phone if I pre-arrange the video call with my wife, but I'm decidedly not welcome at her parents house. The girls keep asking "why", as in "daddy, why don't you ever visit?" and "daddy, why do you not want to be with us?"

It rips my heart out every time.

unverified said:
You are Not a fool.
Please give yourself a break.
You sound like you are a giving and caring soul and
that's something to you should remember.
I'm really sorry to hear how life had treated you and I
hope things start to turn around for you.

Well, there's one positive thing: if I end up living in my car, look at all the money I 'll save not paying rent or utilities. :-0

I don't know if you are omitting some information to put yourself situation in a better light... But the way you put it, you were clearly taken advantage of. And the 'one at fault', are left with only the benefits. While you are stuck with all the problems. That's injustice that makes me angry just from reading. Maybe some of your 'previous life' is unrecoverable, but it sounds like you have what it takes to get back at your feet, despite the treatment you got.

Good luck. Get back into work, get on your feet and make the best of things once you're up.

Wow, I'm sorry to hear about your situation. :(

Welcome to the forum, hopefully you'll meet some new friends here who will offer you support.

Thanks for all the positive feedback and support. I'm sure she would tell the story differently -- likely she will when and if we ever get before a judge. Whatever.

The details don't really matter, that life is over now. I do okay during the day when there are things to occupy my mind but at night it's tough: so many memories of things we did together keep coming back, makes is so I can't sleep & I just lay here looking at the ceiling. :-(

Well, I heard from my lawyer. ...

My wife will be petitioning the court that I not be allowed custidoy or visits with my children, as my " mental illness," (ADD & Depression) would make me a danger to them. I take meds for both, the conditions are well controlled according to my doctor, my wife had me quit my job so I could take care of the kids while she went to school for crying out loud, but never mind: I'm a hazard now cause she says so. Explain to me exactly why I married an MD?

One piece of good news, she's agreed to pay the rent and utilities until the divorce is final, so she and the girls can move right back in when I'm ordered to leave. This means that I won't have to live out of my car. yay!

Latest posts

Back