Am I the only one?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cat001

Reaction score
Am 23 now, have never made any friends out side of the educational system (i.e. have only made friends with a few people in school, college, uni) and have never ever been in any form of relationship, even teenagers seem to be all hormones hormones boyfriends dating... I'm just not bothered about any of that malarkey at all, which is just as well really as no-ones ever so much as glanced at me! LOL. Just wondering if I'm the odd one out here that's just not bothered about relationships and stuff...Saying that, friends are still important to me though! :D

I honestly DOUBT that no one ever glanced at you... even if it WAS the creepy kid in the corner who sucks on erasers during reading period. o_o

I wouldn't say that I'm overly intent on being in a relationship... I mean, yeah, I would LIKE one because it's nice to be that close to someone. But I don't feel that I require one to exist happily. I have too many interests and hobbies and other things to accomplish to waste my time focusing solely on "finding a soul mate."

If I end up with someone, great! If not, just as good!

As long as I get some lovin' every now and then, either way I'm happy

teehee

im 28 and pretty much the same way. during school i didnt really hang out with anyone outside school because they all lived near the school and i lived on the other side of town. then once i was out of school i never talked to any of those people anymore. didnt really want to hang out with them anyway, they were mostly into drugs and stuff. i have never been in a relationship either. i used to not care about the relationship thing but it bothers me now. im almost 30 and have never experienced love in that way. your not the only one though.

As far as not having made friends outside the educational system, that might not be too unusual for someone who is still in the educational system. That is mostly what you are exposed to.

I too question that "no-ones ever so much as glanced at me." As far as not being concerned about relationships, i could only guess as to what the typical human experience on this planet is.

Don't listen to BJD, i wasn't sucking on erasers, i was just in the corner for reading period playing with the eraser.

Im 23 and have never been in a relationship too unfortunately, i wouldnt say im not bothered about a relationship unlike you though, personally i think it would be nice if it happened but on the otherhand i wouldnt go out with the intention to find a partner or someone to get busy with.
If you are still in the educational system then its quite normal that you have not made friends outside of it. Most people go about their own business in this day and age and i think people are generally alot more wary of others. Seems like that here in the UK atleast, its different in different places... i mean nowadays people hardly ever even just say hi to each other when walking past each other.

I have one friend outside the educational system (if i can call hima friend hmmm)..

Lets be friends :D

I have only really made friends at school and at work. Your not the only one, there are two of us now!

I honestly was 100% sure no one was ever looking at me until I was about 19. Then I looked around and figured I cant be THAT bad and it was pretty much down hill from there. :p

Minus said:
Don't listen to BJD, i wasn't sucking on erasers, i was just in the corner for reading period playing with the eraser.

Haha I thought I saw you there! I knew it! :p

It's OK... I was in the other corner drinking glue. ;)

dramaqueen said:
I have one friend outside the educational system (if i can call hima friend hmmm)..

Lets be friends :D

We are now officially friends lol

Looks like I'm not the most unusual person around then! :p

lol no :p

i assure you that if you stay long enough here you'll make a lot of friends. ALL friends rock my world

i haven't made any new friends since graduating college, nor have I met any girls. I have friends so I'm fine there, but haven't not met a girl in almost 3 years is getting to me!

I consider myself an oddball as well :/ But I guess it's only because high school's a pain in the ass, and full of obnoxious airheads -___- I've met one girl, who wasn't interested in me at all; we talked a little but nothing too serious. Only friends are my peers in class, since i don't get out often... But as with everyone here we shouldn't really care because life is probably going to go downhill since the older you are, the more likely you're going to be involved in a serious relationship ^^

I've always been bad about actively making friends. My friends are usually people I have continual contact with through work or school. A relationship of some type just happens with enough exposure. I've had a few good female friends, but never a serious relationship. A lot of the time when we part ways, whether finding a new job or moving to a new town, the relationships die there. Although in my last job I made friends with people who play World of Warcraft, so those relationships seem to be continuing as I still play with them. It's kind of an interesting dynamic.

The thing with me is when I first encounter people I don't usually respond well. When meeting someone new the first thought in my head is usually, "****, now I have to be social." I usually need that continual exposure to warm up to people. Random encounters where we hit it off immediately are exceptionally rare for me.

Latest posts

Back