American in Norway

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

timclev

Reaction score
Hi folks!

Well, lets see. The usual specs as per forum "request". Most call me Tim, I'm married to a Norwegian viking and we have been living in Norway for around 12 years now.

Normally I have plenty to write, but my mind is blank at the moment, so I suppose I'll let the chips fall where they may. ;)

Hi Tim,
Welcome to the forum. :cool: I'm an American in Norway too. I married a Norwegian a little over a year and a half ago and have been living in Norway since.
Where in Norway are you?

Thanks everyone. Really, Barb . . . you know I'm finding more and more of us here. If you're familiar enough with Oslo, there's a vast forest that lies to east: Østmarka. On the other side of that forest is Enebakk, which is where we live. Nice and quiet.

I don't mean this as an insulting thing, but I assume you're in a gay relationship then?

I'm not insulted by that in the slightest, but no. What gave you that idea? BTW - I see you have some good musical taste, Sophia.

timclev said:
I'm not insulted by that in the slightest, but no. What gave you that idea? BTW - I see you have some good musical taste, Sophia.

you said you were in a relationship with a viking.

I'm a Norwegian, you should be careful, in the past vikings did nothing but pillage and rape! Luckily there are very few vikings left these days...

timclev said:
Thanks everyone. Really, Barb . . . you know I'm finding more and more of us here. If you're familiar enough with Oslo, there's a vast forest that lies to east: Østmarka. On the other side of that forest is Enebakk, which is where we live. Nice and quiet.

I've heard of it. My husband used to live in Oslo before I married him, now we live up in northern Norway, about 3 hours south of Tromso. I actually haven't met any other Americans in Norway so far, but there are few people where I live anyway. :p

Latest posts

Back