An encouragement for new members

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi I am Colin, from St Andrews, Fife, I am 58 and male. I have never used a site like this so please be patient!!
:shy:

Welcome to the site Colin.
If you have any questions about it, just ask and someone should be able to help.

I am new to this site and have never joined a chat before so please bear with me while I figure out what I am doing!

I am 24 yrs old a female living in MA, US. I am here because I am going through a lot of personal and professional heartache and I can't seem to find ways to cope. Part of my heartache is from loosing a lot of close friends and the trust of other close people in my personal and professional life.

I have had 2 deaths in my family in a 1 month span. One on my birthday and one 2 days before Thanksgiving. I had to drop a friendship with my maid of honor when I discovered that she had been physically abusing her boyfriend.

I also have recently been sexually assaulted by an ex-fiance who used my grandmother's death to re-enter my life. The last time I was this depressed was when I was in high school during my relationship with this individual which was very abusive. 2 days after the assault, I found out that my new husband had been stealing money out of my bank account for his own uses w/o my knowledge. We had only been married 4 months.

To cope with both betrayls I confided in and leaned on a mutual best friend of my husband's, who then confessed his "love" for me and thought that this was an opportunity for him to start a relationship with me. Needless to say I lost that friend as well as the other mutual friends of my husband and I who have taken sides.

You may be wondering how I can be so open about being sexually assaulted on a public forum. Professionally I work as an advocate for domestic violence and sexual assault survivors and have worked in this field at a shelter for 3 years. I specialize in childhood trauma. My work usually is empowering and rewarding. A good place to put life into perspective, but within 2 months of the above mentioned events, I had very damaging (and very false) accusations made against me by a new employee who I had taken under my wing. I still have yet to find the motive for this and am seriously considering filing for Defamation of Character.

I was already in the process of trying to leave this job due to burn out which most people burn out by 6 months but now have no energy to even send out applications. I am starting school in the fall and may not even due that if this funk I am in continues and makes me miss the deadlines. So... yea I have A LOT of stuff going on. I am normally a very pleasant, cheerful person. But I feel like I have been dragged thru glass and I don't have anyone left to lean on. So I find myself here.

Sorry that this is very long. I think I needed to get this out of my system. My next posts I will strive to shorten. Anyone who is still reading this, I thank you for taking the time.

~Luna[/font]

Danielle said:
hey Luna, welcome. I am from Mass too.... I am always in the chat room... like Mintymint said... we'll be nice :)

Okay I feel a little silly asking this, but Ive been looking through the site, how do I access the chat room?

click on the link Mintymint left in that post... then scroll down to where it says "chatroom" then you have to wait for someone with a white or gold icon next to their name to let you in... and you will be given a really stupid name.... but just change it by clicking on your name!

Hi, I'm Cynthia, I'm 27, and I live in Columbia, Maryland...between Baltimore and DC... I'm weird, I'm eccentric, I'm nerdy, geeky, sarcastic, pessimistic, but sometimes I think there isn't a more down-to-earth, clueless girl than me in this world. I have a pretty normal husband who has plenty of friends of his own, and somehow it all just makes me feel that much more alone. I've tried joining depression forums, I just went to some depression meetup group tonight for the first time—made me realize I was a misfit among misfits and thus, felt even more alone. But I can't find a place I feel like I can belong or people I feel like I can talk to. And... I guess that's it.

Hi,
I thought I might give this a try, sometimes it is easier to talk to ppl at a long distance then talking to your closest friend.
Grtz
S

Btw I am 27/F/living somewhere in Europe

Welcome to the site Selina.

Frodo Baggins said:
Rule one: Place all faith in Frodo :D

To be honest I actually love the movies/books although I am more a Sam person but I would also trust Frodo :)

Latest posts

Back