An encouragement for new members

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Welcome, i'm glad you decided to join us :)

I'm from Lexington, Ky and I'm 23 years old as of today. I'm married with 2 kids and I'm a stay-at-home mom. I've lost touch or feel awkward around all of my friends, and have trouble meeting people who I don't feel awkward around. Half of my family and I don't speak because of something awful my father did, my mom is adopted and her parents long dead with nothing but a foster brother and a cousin. And my step-father's family is a bit stuck-up...you walk on eggshells all the time. So I have no real family, only a few very busy friends, and mostly and argumentative toddler as my main source of "social time." I am very lonely and while I get along with my husband, he works a lot and it gets old sometimes, having your man be your only friend too. Sorry, this wasn't meant to be such a rant. But this is why I'm here.

cheshire_kiti said:
I'm from Lexington, Ky and I'm 23 years old as of today. I'm married with 2 kids and I'm a stay-at-home mom. I've lost touch or feel awkward around all of my friends, and have trouble meeting people who I don't feel awkward around. Half of my family and I don't speak because of something awful my father did, my mom is adopted and her parents long dead with nothing but a foster brother and a cousin. And my step-father's family is a bit stuck-up...you walk on eggshells all the time. So I have no real family, only a few very busy friends, and mostly and argumentative toddler as my main source of "social time." I am very lonely and while I get along with my husband, he works a lot and it gets old sometimes, having your man be your only friend too. Sorry, this wasn't meant to be such a rant. But this is why I'm here.

Hi, and welcome. :)

Welcome cheshire_kiti :)

AuroraSkyGlasgow said:
Hi everyone my real name is Colin. I am from Glasgow in Scotland. I am 39 just about to turn 40. I am in a relationship but still feel lonely with hardly any close friends apart from my fiancee.

good wishes to everyone here I feel less lonely knowing there are others in the same boat.

Hi, Colin! I am going to be 39 next week and Glasgow is one of my absolute favorite cities. I've spent a good deal of time there and I miss it. I have some great friends there that I've met through music (we're all big glasgow indie fans) and stay with when I can afford to travel. My ex is Scottish (fr. Stirling), so my son is "American made w/Scottish parts" as a bib he once had says!

Funnily enough, I'm always thinking my life would be so much more full if I lived in Glasgow--I guess it's time to face facts that it's something deep inside my brain and geography is just royal icing.

Welcome.

i'm jodie, im 16 in a couple of weeks. i hate being a teenager because im only now finding out who i am.. all my friends go out drinking and stuff but that isnt what i do, so i stay in because every time i go out i make a fool out of myself :/ i'm usually the more careful one.. i recently broke up with my boyfriend after a year, but now even though all my friends enjoy being single because they can go out and do what they like, i hate it. i hate being on my own. but relationships just hurt too much, so even though its the summer holidays i've been stuck in my house with nothing to do :( i have let boys get the best of me, and i let all my 'friends' walk all over me :/ i dont want to do it anymore.. but i cant find any people i enjoy spending time with.. :/ this sounds pathetic because im only young, but im scared to be alone when i grow up, though. - if we're all alone, then we're all together in that, too.

Welcome to the site, jodie. :) I hope you find a bit of what you're looking for here. :)

P.S. Is that you in your avatar? Because you have some very striking eyes! ^_^

Welcome Jodie.

Badjedidude said:
Welcome to the site, jodie. :) I hope you find a bit of what you're looking for here. :)

P.S. Is that you in your avatar? Because you have some very striking eyes! ^_^

.. yeah that's me in my avatar - ahh thank you! :3

Heya, I´m 16 years old boy living in sweden, I accedently stumbled upon this forum but it seems like something to be part of : D
I wish I´d be more social, My life filled with stuff making it hard to know how to run into new people. I like to talk and laugh but most of the time I get so nervous on how/what to talk about I forget everything and don't know what to say at all... I´ve had some rough times in my life but that's past and I don't care how messed up I might have become (though it might be an imagine that its what caused it). Mostly I think I isolated myself from everyone else out of shyness and now I´m stuck but I so want new/more(!) people to talk with.
(sorry for the confusing text, I hopp you understand some of it ^^)
uhm, nice to be here by the way :)

new member just joined

Georgia
female

I am alone for the first time in 32 years. My husband passed away 5 years ago. My children are grown. My daughter is I don't know where, telling me via email she would be happy if she never saw me again. My son just married, and is busy with his new life. I work from home. I don't have any friends to talk with. I anxiously look for people to talk to in my apartment complex, but I don't seek them out, just happy to exchange hello's with someone. I don't want to live like this.

Hey there, and welcome to the forum. :)

I'm in GA also, by the way. Has it been hot enough for you? :p

Welcome Artifical :)

That is a great book ScoutFinch, welcome to the site.

New member here

South Africa
Male

On the surface i have everything. good job, another contract job, finishing another degree soon, already taking extra subjects for next degree, a few good investments, a fantastic wife, car, house etc. but inside me the loneliness, which has always been there never stops growing.

Loneliness (in my case, i believe) is not a function of not being with people, but a state of mind, one i have been unable to escape since my early youth. Perhaps a result of personality or whichever other cruel twist of fate. Nonetheless, words are fleeting and the gnawing hole inside remains.

This part of me i am forced to hide. a few years ago i failed to conceal it, resulting in my being sent to a mental institution which did nothing to help this "alter-ego" and left only bad memories and irreparable stains. In quiet desperation i live on with this burden on my mind, this everpresent unwelcome friend i do not want and wish i could expell.

Joining this forum is an attempt to give these fiends inside a voice. to let them speak somewhere where they may be heard, yet still disappear in a vastness of similar voices drowning out any effects they may have.

Welcome Aiolos, i hope the forum is of some aid to you.

Hello all.

I'm Elisa, live in Connecticut, currently 24 years old, living at home and trying to make it through school...

Glad to see there are many people like me.

Welcome to the site Elisa.

Hi everybody,

My name is Rocio (female), I'm 28 years old (22.08.82) and write from South Spain.

So glad I found a place like this because I really need to share my feelings with someone :)

Latest posts

Back