An encouragement for new members

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Welcome unbroken lonliness

Hello all! I am in Texas, I am older than I wish I was, and I am female. I love painting, digital scrapping, and writing poetry.

Welcome darkdigitaldiva, it is nice of you to join us :)

Hello Punisher and Minus. Looking forward to taking part in this forum. Haven't membered in a forum in about three years.

Welcome to the forum :)

Good afternoon,
I'm new here as of last night, a 55 year old female from New Mexico.
I've always had to cope with at least some degree of loneliness due to my background, but it's been hardest over the past two years since my youngest child moved from home.

The empty nest put me face to face with the fact that I have only acquaintances, no real friends except my husband. I manage to take the edge off, much of the time, by talking to people on Facebook or playing one of the games there, and of course my husband is an enormous help. But I need to make some real friends in actual life.

It helps to know that you're all here because you're lonely, because that's one thing I already have in common with you : )
Other interests of mine are: keeping somewhat in shape (especially with brisk walking), current events, animal advocacy (anti foie gras in particular), certain artistic pursuits, and singing.
Since May,
I've been meditating for at least a few minutes several times per week, hoping to get a bit nearer to God. In my opinion that has helped really a lot.

Hope I will find some friends here, and I'm very grateful to the founder or founders of this website.

Welcome to the site :)

I was just pondering my aloneness and decided to see what popped up in google when I typed in "living a lonely life"

Sort of nice to be anonymous on the internet like this so I don't have to feel embarrassed to tell the truth of my current state of life. I am 21 and in college right now. This is my final year of college, I have made no friends this whole time pretty much. I haven't really tried. After years of struggling to connect with people and make real friends, I am just sick of trying. In high school I was depressed about 50 percent of my time there. Tried to connect with people, just got rejected and ended up feeling worse about myself. I had lots of acquaintances, few "friends" who really weren't friends at all. I just have always felt a bit out of place and awkward socially. Never had much luck with girls. Had a few brief relationships that ended quickly because of my previously mentioned social awkwardness. Once I got to college I did some thinking and just decided that I am actually happier just being by myself and not dealing with people in my free time. I have actually been happier in these 3 years of solitude than I was in probably the last 8 years before that.

Although, I recognize this existence I lead is somewhat empty. I don't feel depressed like I used to, but I dont feel all that happy either. I kind of just dont think about how I live alone and dont have friends/ a girlfriend. I bury myself in my hobbies (mainly video games) and just haven't really cared much lately. I get basic socializing done through the internet and it seems to somewhat meet my need for socializing. I am an introvert so too much socializing in real life always drained me after awhile. But I do crave real human connections every once in awhile.

Sometimes I do wish I could start trying to make friends again, but then the fact that I have been pretty much a loner the last 3 years makes meeting new friends pretty difficult. People won't understand how someone can be alone that long. So it makes me just decide to stay alone longer lol. I do enjoy aspects of being alone though.

Guess I am kind of rambling. Sorry for that. Every once in awhile the fact that I am alone hits me and I get a bit sad. Doesn't happen often anymore, but happened today. Happy to find this site though, seems like you guys can understand when I am coming from since I have lived a lonely life for a long time. Like I have to hide the fact that I am alone from others because they can't handle that fact lol.

Welcome 21acceptedbeingalone. After reading your post it seems you've pretty much figured yourself out and have accepted the way you are-wow. Some of us, it takes yrs to get to this point. I too am a loner and I like it that way most of the time, but at times the silence is deafening. Long visits w/ ppl also leaves me drained-can't wait to get away and renew myself. This is a very supportive community as you will find-again welcome aboard.

Hi I'm new here! I'm 24 year old female from ottawa canada

i also don't understand how to edit my profile, even after reading the help section.

Latest posts

Back