An encouragement for new members

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
OkyDoky, "sounthernslag" where did ya all go? I replied Jazz,,, and too Pheenix and now I am looking at the icon, blinky blinky. So I guess I will continue with other things to feel my day and maybe,,,,JUST maybe, lift my own spirit,, BOY I HAVE BEEN ON THIS DOWNER SO LONG NOW, trying to change it. Always trying, but more like getting to accept it.

jazzybell said:
Hello, I've just joined after looking for a forum site for those of us alone.
I'm probably older than most here (late fifties) but 25 in my head!
Look younger than I am and quite attractive (on a good day!) Modern thinking with old fashioned standards/morals I guess.
Originally from East Sussex on the coast but last December moved to Bolton, Lancs. Not sure it was a good choice.
Usual probs, no friends, no family and lonely.
Work away from home some of the time as a carer.
Female by the way!
Love music and radio with a passion. Read a lot!
Nice to be here.

Hi Jazzy,and welcome to the site!

I'm in Denbigh,North Wales,just down the road.I'm 60,but like you,have the brain of a 25 year old.See my bio for more info.

;)
prettymorgo said:
hi im new.

I live in Catonsville, MD
Im 22 years old, my birthday is 6/6/85
I am a female.

Im also glad this place exists.

Hi prettymorgo! NICE name, I am new too! I am also 22 x 2 + 11 minus a few days. anyway welcome to this chaos,,cause I can't find my way around enough to find a lite switch to turn the darn thing off. LOL!!
I live in "por dunk dry/dirty/dusty west Texas! FUNN!! Which not only makes me depressed, but dumb too! I am a West Coast born mistake making Male!

How the hell do you find ur way around this thing? I just recieved a message from "jazzybell" in My homepage "ISP" inbox with a hyper link to lonely??, I clkd it and ended up here ! jazzybell,,, are you in here somewhere girl/boy? I would try to find you but can't,,,if you need help, Boy/Girl, "hang up and dial 911" or ck your # and try again!

Hi there, I'm new..

I live in Denmark in Scandinavia.
I'm 15 years old, born on October 7th.
My name is Emma and I have a depression, an eating disorder and I've been lonely for most of my life.

:cool:
ambivalence said:
Hi there, I'm new..

My name is Emma and I have a depression, an eating disorder and I've been lonely for most of my life.
Well being fifteen is never easy,,and those years prior seem A long time, I know. I too have been diagnoised with depression,,then they later said well, must be Manic major depression,,years later they again re- diagnoised it as Bi Polar manic major depression,,,I think it depends on the latest drugs the Pharmesutical Co's are pushing to sell at the time for the NEXT "I can't spell today !" wonder drug they just developed.
I think before they had a name for it,,"it was termed "meloncholly" common to most Mountain men from being alone to long. I wish I was in a mountain right now. Then I too would have excuse to be depressed.
Guess how old I am? done quessing,, I am 55yrs old Born in Oct as well.
At fifteen you should encircle your self with peole from your school or your nieghbor hood,,,even if you feel they think your wierd or something.
Depression is nothing to be taken as ugly or "OMG! he/ or she has a disease! But if you stay on the side lines,,, they will naturally assume there must be something wrong with that person,, because you stand out like a sore thumb. Mustering the courage for that first encounter,, is the easiest part of any relationship,,Know why? because you BOTH are new to each other and that putts you on equal ground,, ther just as afriad you will find flaws with them as you are. What is the difficult problem is KEEPING a GOOD relationship STRONG and HONEST.
We all have Flaws or defects that each of us for some darn reason focus on and THINK everyone else does too! This is just not true in reality though. People believe it or not are attracted to the PLEASANT the things in life,,that includes feature's and personalities and quality's. That is why it is so easy in this life to be CONNED out of or into something.. we want to believe and LOOK for thos plesantrie's EVERYWHERE and we don't even Know or are aware we are doing it.
So,,,,,,,welcome and you are not really alone after all,, only by choice, you came here,, go make you a friend or two and lighten up on yourself.
You may even find you are CURED of your depression if you do.

Hi
I live in North Carolina. I'm 44

I always have trouble making friends. I'm really quiet. It's just my nature.
I just moved here a couple of years ago and it's been hard. The few people I've met are either wrapped up with their families or have lived here forever and have a tight network of friends.
Part of me doesn't mind being alone but there are times I just don't want to go to the movies by myself.

This is a cool place to be. I didn't know there were so many people out there like me.

Bookmaiden said:
Hi
I live in North Carolina. I'm 44

I always have trouble making friends. I'm really quiet. It's just my nature.
I just moved here a couple of years ago and it's been hard. The few people I've met are either wrapped up with their families or have lived here forever and have a tight network of friends.
Part of me doesn't mind being alone but there are times I just don't want to go to the movies by myself.

This is a cool place to be. I didn't know there were so many people out there like me.

Helloooooo, Boooookmaiden! and welcome to reality 101! Iy is pretty cool here. I am here and have gotten more mail form it then bills in the MAILBOX!.. Even my children "Ihave three, adult's now, have never contacted me as much!"
Quite is a nice thing, a good listener learns more. I am in west Texas, 55yr old male, not well established or written. Actually,,, BROKE on both ends of that spectrum! So how is N.C. doing these days? I have a little sister in Pheonix who use to live in "Charlotte, N.C." she liked it. I have never been there. I nt he younger yravelin years I made it to Miami and wished I had gone too N.Y.C. instead. I didn't care for Florida, something un-easy about the people I met to me,, always seemed on the "hustle"
Ohh, and go to the movies! You wouldn't believe the number of people who do too,,and some who wish they had left there other at home!

Hello, I am a 53-year-old female living in the US Midwest. I don't know what else to say right now except that I am very lonely and isolated and have been for years and years -- all my life. The few friends I have managed to make over time haven't stayed in my life for long because something always happens -- I move, they move, or the relationship gets disrupted in some other significant way. I know I am not a horrible person but sometimes it's hard to stay convinced of that, especially when I see other people laughing and having fun with their friends and their cozy family circle. I have pretty much given up the social struggle IRL, but I am hoping to find some sense of community in here with others who are suffering as I am.

Hello All

I am 33 ,female from the UK.I have been lonely ever since I can remember as I have trouble making or keeping friends since childhood.I get misunderstood very easily and the only time people are nice is when they want things done.

I also have a eating problem as I am overweight and unable to reduce at all.I have a 5 year old daughter and I dont share a very gr8 relationship with my husband at all although we live under the same roof.

I am very qualified but no confidence to apply for a relevant job due to confidence issues.I guess I wont bore you all more.

Cheers

PS

Welcome to the site :)

hello everyone!!:)
i'm lonely gal
Sex: Female
joined in dis forum on 9th September 2011

Welcome lonely gal

ambivalence said:
Hi there, I'm new..

Welcome to ALL. Jeg er vistnok den eneste anden dansker her, medmindre hende der hedder "dk13525" er dansker. Dog dreng, 17 år :p

positivesolitude said:
Hello All

I am 33 ,female from the UK.I have been lonely ever since I can remember as I have trouble making or keeping friends since childhood.I get misunderstood very easily and the only time people are nice is when they want things done.

I also have a eating problem as I am overweight and unable to reduce at all.I have a 5 year old daughter and I dont share a very gr8 relationship with my husband at all although we live under the same roof.

I am very qualified but no confidence to apply for a relevant job due to confidence issues.I guess I wont bore you all more.

Cheers

PS

Hello and Welcome!

lonely gal said:
i'm lonely gal

Hello and Welcome!

Hi Goldenrod! I am sure everyone feels like I do when I say welcome to this Forum. Everyone here is very friendly, and you will get some good advice. Don't forget to post Threads when you want or need to!

Minus said:
Welcome lonely gal
thank u minus!!:)

Jilted John said:
positivesolitude said:
Hello All

Cheers

PS

Hello and Welcome!

lonely gal said:
i'm lonely gal

Hello and Welcome!

hey jilted john thanks a lot!! :)

lonely gal said:
Minus said:
Welcome lonely gal
thank u minus!!:)

Jilted John said:
positivesolitude said:
Hello All

Cheers

PS

Hello and Welcome!

lonely gal said:
i'm lonely gal

Hello and Welcome!

hey jilted john thanks a lot!! :)

No problems

Latest posts