An Introduction

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

antifortress

Reaction score
Greetings,

An introduction... I am really terrible with these.

30 minutes later...

I am a 29 year old guy from Mumbai, India. I have been without friends for most of my adult life now. And at this point I fear I always will be.

The coping mechanism that I seemed have developed to deal with this is to completely engross myself with work. I go into these cycles where the only breaks that I give myself are eating and sleeping. I work in software and this type of thing is not unusual, and the people around me are generally pleased to see me working hard.

This goes on for weeks and months sometimes, until I just get tired of all the running. At which point I take some days off work and brood. The brooding only restarts the cycle of desperation that I should not be wasting time. And I am soon back at the desk ..

The last few years have completely zoomed past me, and I think if I don't do something soon, I am going to be too old to do anything about it.

-a

Welcome to the forum.

antifortress said:
Greetings,

An introduction... I am really terrible with these.

30 minutes later...

I am a 29 year old guy from Mumbai, India. I have been without friends for most of my adult life now. And at this point I fear I always will be.

The coping mechanism that I seemed have developed to deal with this is to completely engross myself with work. I go into these cycles where the only breaks that I give myself are eating and sleeping. I work in software and this type of thing is not unusual, and the people around me are generally pleased to see me working hard.

This goes on for weeks and months sometimes, until I just get tired of all the running. At which point I take some days off work and brood. The brooding only restarts the cycle of desperation that I should not be wasting time. And I am soon back at the desk ..

The last few years have completely zoomed past me, and I think if I don't do something soon, I am going to be too old to do anything about it.

-a

Ah, you are from India. That's interesting!
I sympathize with you. It can make you feel crazy, when you feel like you're wasting time. That "nagging" . . .
There are people who may envy you for being able to throw yourself into your work, rather than backing out of everything when you aren't feeling so great. I sincerely hope you find some friends on here and learn how to balance out that work schedule. Welcome : )

Latest posts

Back