An old friend called me today.

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
D

DayvanCowboy

It didn't feel right though. I think he was just trying to gather as much info for the group I used to hang out with and to brag about how some of my ex-friends went to Las Vegas last weekend for someone who was getting married in September. Out of all the times to call me he decides to call now when something decent actually happens with them.

One person I have known since kindergarten pretends I don't even exist according to him.

Something tells me it just wasn't done from the goodness of his heart. I have only talked to him twice in the past 8 months and it usually contains something he needs or wants to know.

Don't get me wrong. He is one of the nicest guys I have ever met.

Hello,
Sometimes ppl have an urge to show off/brag about the good things that happen to me or they do. I have a person who does this every now and then to me...I mean what the hell so you went to a place with ur friends and i didnt SO WHAT CANT U JUST LEAVE ME THE EF ALONE THEN ????? lol.

Anyhoo , yes i understand that you think he is a nice guy , but dude people change. They dont usually change over night , but people do change , for the better or for worse , because since he only calls when he needs something, thats not really a good sign.

And about that person he told you , well just a few days ago a guy who has been abroad for a few years decided to come back. I only knew his name and such , nothing bout him and well one of the ppl in my school kept saying "Haha he doesnt remember you." Im like wtf i never even talked to him while he was here howd he remember me?
And that was a person i barely knew. What im trying to say here is that people really love gossip/scandal/or honeysuckle like this. Theyll relish the fact that uve been forgotten or somefin like that , they wont look at the fact that how much it hurts you (it didnt hurt me coz i didnt know him but im sure since u knew that guy since kindergarten it mustve felt so friggin terrible! )

What can i say? get rid of that guy. These people are like parasites! The next time he calls you , ask him why ur telling him about all teh good times you are having, what relevance do those times have TO YOU that he is calling. And ask him why cant he talk about other things? Let him answer those questions, and if he is still that NICE GUY he will realize what he was doing.

I hope you could understand something out of all that blabber i wrote lol. Im just so friggin annoyed by these situations as well!

it's funny, I saw this post, and well I called an old friend of mine today just to see if I could carpool with her sister to the horse stables tomorrow. It was the first time I talked to her in over a year, and I just said something along the lines of;
"hi how are you.... glad to hear it, hey do you think I could maybe carpool with your sister tomorrow.... oh, ok. she's not going.... no that's fine. well thanks, it was nice to talk to you... bye"
so I just decided to call her back tomorrow for a real conversation. It'd be nice to catch up and see how she's been, and she did sound happy to hear from me.

lonelydude said:
I mean what the hell so you went to a place with ur friends and i didnt SO WHAT CANT U JUST LEAVE ME THE EF ALONE THEN ????? lol.

This is EXACTLY how I felt when talking to him. I could care less that they went to Vegas because I know that 3 or 4 of the guys that went don't know how to party if their lives depended on it. He even admitted to me that they had an "ok" time and mentioned how they are just keeping things "stale" (AKA, going out with a sausage fest that has no potential to attract girls; which is their main goal every weekend for the past 2 years, and I see them fail hard everytime).

I really don't give a fresia though. My parents are divorced and they met eachother at a bar/nightclub. I just hung out with them to glutton in alcohol and test my limits. The WORST girls/women that I have met in my lifetime came from bar and nightclubs. In my city, I think the nightclub and bar scene is sooooooooooooooooo pathetic. REALLY ******* SAD. I will honestly kill myself before I spend any time with some of the girls I have seen.

lonelydude said:
Anyhoo , yes i understand that you think he is a nice guy , but dude people change. They dont usually change over night , but people do change , for the better or for worse , because since he only calls when he needs something, thats not really a good sign.

To be honest. He is not really someone who could fit well in that category. I mean, I have a feeling he did that to gather info, BUT he also has a fiancee and has not hung out with anyone besides his significant other for the past two years. Truly, he was just checking in on me.....I think, but he could use our conversation as something to talk about with my old group.

lonelydude said:
And about that person he told you , well just a few days ago a guy who has been abroad for a few years decided to come back. I only knew his name and such , nothing bout him and well one of the ppl in my school kept saying "Haha he doesnt remember you." Im like wtf i never even talked to him while he was here howd he remember me?
And that was a person i barely knew. What im trying to say here is that people really love gossip/scandal/or honeysuckle like this. Theyll relish the fact that uve been forgotten or somefin like that , they wont look at the fact that how much it hurts you (it didnt hurt me coz i didnt know him but im sure since u knew that guy since kindergarten it mustve felt so friggin terrible! )

The guy I knew since kindergarten changed. Really changed... for the worse. He has always hung out with one guy that I think was just ******* childish and REALLLY weird. The one guy he used to hang out with would buy the same clothes as me and quote my quotes as if they were his own! How goddamn low is that!?!?!?!? And nobody would stick up for me. I almost got into a fistfight one night but I actually befriended some bikers that threatened him one night and he used to warn the bouncers how I might start something.

The one guy I knew since kindergarten is looking for a wife now. He has been for the past year and has failed for a LONG time. Why? He keeps on picking up sluts at bars and nightclubs and thinks automatically that they are "WIFE" material.

lonelydude said:
get rid of that guy. These people are like parasites! The next time he calls you , ask him why ur telling him about all teh good times you are having, what relevance do those times have TO YOU that he is calling. And ask him why cant he talk about other things? Let him answer those questions, and if he is still that NICE GUY he will realize what he was doing.

I hope you could understand something out of all that blabber i wrote lol. Im just so friggin annoyed by these situations as well!

They are parasites. They just can't leave me alone. I tried to ignore everyone but he called on a different number but I might eventually have something really good planned up if they want to follow up on me. Thanks for your reply Lonelydude!

Qui said:
it's funny, I saw this post, and well I called an old friend of mine today just to see if I could carpool with her sister to the horse stables tomorrow. It was the first time I talked to her in over a year, and I just said something along the lines of;
"hi how are you.... glad to hear it, hey do you think I could maybe carpool with your sister tomorrow.... oh, ok. she's not going.... no that's fine. well thanks, it was nice to talk to you... bye"
so I just decided to call her back tomorrow for a real conversation. It'd be nice to catch up and see how she's been, and she did sound happy to hear from me.
Posted by lonelydude - Yesterday 02:49

I hope things go for the better with you. I will look forward to your update on the conversation. I hope things go well for you.

No problem dude. Whats worse is that the guy , when he calls me , after "braggin about what he did" also likes venting about stuff, like how his friends mistreated him or something similar to that. He gets to go just coz he has a car they can use or he is mindlessly willing to obey whatever they say. YET they try to make fun of him or turn him into a mindless robot. And after he feels better after doing it , then tries to use him contentment by trying to ridicule me in any way. Lol , i listed to his "fabulous times" then his whinning only to be ridiculed/insulted ? No way it aint happenin again!

Good luck dude , this is somewhat of a confusing situation, but u know what to do now, ur time and energy arnt worth wasting on such tards!

Latest posts

Back