An Unfortunate Series of Events...

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hello Vic,

I can really understand the posts of Electric_Fusilier. You're feeling really down at the moment because she hurt you. I know it because I've been there myself but without someone dying. Maybe your ex-girlfriend wanted to flee away from grief and that friend of the deceased gave her comfort but getting into a relationship with each other that quickly I can't understand. I would give it some time first.

If she reaches out to you in some kind of way just give her a shoulder. It's not worth it to get back at her in any kind of way because that only makes you a lesser person. She has problems she has to figure out for her own. If you step up in this kind of way, you will act very mature and you will win a lot of respect.

P.S.: I'm really sorry this all happened to you

Asterli said:
Hello Vic,

I can really understand the posts of Electric_Fusilier. You're feeling really down at the moment because she hurt you. I know it because I've been there myself but without someone dying. Maybe your ex-girlfriend wanted to flee away from grief and that friend of the deceased gave her comfort but getting into a relationship with each other that quickly I can't understand. I would give it some time first.

If she reaches out to you in some kind of way just give her a shoulder. It's not worth it to get back at her in any kind of way because that only makes you a lesser person. She has problems she has to figure out for her own. If you step up in this kind of way, you will act very mature and you will win a lot of respect.

P.S.: I'm really sorry this all happened to you

Pretty much everyone I relay the story to has trouble understanding the quick jump to relationship, too. It's funny, had I called or emailed or texted my troubles with it, somehow I'd be the bad guy/jerk. To what little credit I can receive, I've avoided further checking up. My plan right now is to just ignore her as best I can until the year is up. She knows how to get in touch with me, and furthermore she'll be physically around me soon enough. I don't particularly foresee her reaching out to me, as she had an opportunity and passed. Truth be told, it'll probably be just a year of awkwardness followed by a letter and mix CD I give her the day before I get out of Dodge.

^^As the old zen saying goes: do nothing, and more will be revealed. It's strange, but I've often found this to be the case.

Well in less than 24 hours, I'll soon be in the same room as the ex, for two-and-a-half hours. Luckily I don't think the teacher is big on assigned seating as I just realized our last names begin with the same letter. I alternately feel apathetic and nervous, and I'll likely be nervous until it's over. I haven't heard from her since the texts. I've never really been in this situation before. I don't think there's gonna be explosive fireworks or anything. Like I (maybe) said, it'll likely just be stolen glances on both sides and muttered comments. She'll surround herself with her nerdy, young, Honors Society group and I'll surround myself with whoever, I think I know a ton of people in there.

Gonna be interesting.

Sending a postcard is very easy, just follow the steps below.
1. Click on the image that you want to send.
2. Fill in the form that appears. Make sure that you get the recipient's address correct.
3.Preview the card. You can still make changes.
4. Send it!

===========================

*mod edit links*

Vic Sage said:
Well in less than 24 hours, I'll soon be in the same room as the ex, for two-and-a-half hours. Luckily I don't think the teacher is big on assigned seating as I just realized our last names begin with the same letter. I alternately feel apathetic and nervous, and I'll likely be nervous until it's over. I haven't heard from her since the texts. I've never really been in this situation before. I don't think there's gonna be explosive fireworks or anything. Like I (maybe) said, it'll likely just be stolen glances on both sides and muttered comments. She'll surround herself with her nerdy, young, Honors Society group and I'll surround myself with whoever, I think I know a ton of people in there.

Gonna be interesting.

I would like to know what happened. Sorry I'm straight foward.

^^Me too, though I'm just nosey. Let us know how you get on though, Vic - you always write interesting, thoughtful posts.

Latest posts

Back