another failed job application

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ghostly..theroadhome

Reaction score
Hi

I applied for a job in some schools, I can't seem to get called for an interview. I'm doing a postgrad. but dont have a teaching qualif., ive worked in a school

The last job application, I got an interview, and the guy suggested something bad was said by my lecturer, he kept asking why i had a gap in my CV, i explained i was doing a masters, then he asked me what happened? and that there was something fishy going on...and he asked me was there anything I was hiding? then he told me the professor told him all about why i dropped out...etc... he was acting weird..

Second reference i got from another lecturer, and he said i was more suited to teaching given the problems i had a postgraduate level....which made me look like I had a mental problem or something...I didnt even get an interview for that one

I'm wondering am I being very vulnerable and stupid trusting these lecturers? cos I didnt think they felt that much hate for me to stop me progressing, or do u think the employer was lying his way out of payment things, as it was a disadvantaged school, I was actually going to get his position. Do u think the job may not have been there? or he decided to keep it on? he never got back to me as if Im a weirdo...and he was saying stuff about LSD etc. which was confusing, cos he was saying he still didnt trust what I was saying and that there was something up, and that was i sure i wasnt hiding anything cos he'd have to report everything to public service

now, if u didnt know me, you'd think this was weird, but i dont take drugs and only drink in moderation in fact i havent drank in over a year...and im really into neuroscience and nutrition for the brain etc.

this made me feel like theres alot of gossip that isnt true...but at the same time i dont think they'd say something like that cos I thought they were honest

I started a shop job on campus, and they repeated the same, was there something i wasnt telling them ... etc.

what do you think? if that was you and you never did anything wrong all your life, and worked extremely hard for your career...plus, was bullied when u hit postgrad level, what would u do? or think?

I just feel very vulnerable and easily taken advantage of, I'd still trust them in the morning if something bad did happen, I dont hold things or pre-plan things...I just expect people to be nice, and im nice back, im just as i am, straightforward, and tell u on the spot what i think...nothing more or less to it...I just dont understand

What do you think? I'm not sure whose my friend anymore, who's the bullies, or whats been going on behind my back, or not...

So... What exactly happened during your postgraduate studies? You've hinted that things happened a few times, but never actually said what it was or what the consequences were... I mean you've said you were bullied... So... Ok... By who? To what extent? What else happened? And why was this a real problem that affected your education or qualifications? What consequences did it bring?

I dunno... I'll say this... Judging from this post you don't exactly communicate clearly.

Mysis said:
So... What exactly happened during your postgraduate studies? You've hinted that things happened a few times, but never actually said what it was or what the consequences were... I mean you've said you were bullied... So... Ok... By who? To what extent? What else happened? And why was this a real problem that affected your education or qualifications? What consequences did it bring?

I dunno... I'll say this... Judging from this post you don't exactly communicate clearly.

Ok, thank you for your reply, but I'm not going to tell every detail, there is no requirement for it. I think I communicate very clearly, however, your undermining comment seems to be a sad attempt to wean information out for the purpose of being a nosey parker, no wonder youre lonely

You told a story about how all these employers accused you of hiding something, and expressed that there were some troubles involving your education, but never really explained what you were (or weren't) telling these employers, or what these troubles were.

With just this, it's hard for anyone to tell whether your employer's opinions were even justified or not without a little more information. I mean, it's sort of hard to give intelligent or constructive feedback on this. And you did ask for opinions.

I can say though that if you have significant gaps or problems in your education and qualifications, and are not willing to disclose to your interviewer why you have these gaps, and aren't willing to discuss the problems you ran into, then they can only responsibly assume the worst and will act accordingly.

Personally I don't know you and have no personal interest or investment in knowing about your life beyond the desire to offer whatever help I can to your problem, so this isn't my way of trying to coax information out of you or pry into your life. I was just asking questions to get details that would be helpful for people attempting to provide feedback is all.

Plenty of people don't speak english natively, and sometimes aren't communicating well enough when they think they are. Given that your post had some awkward grammar in a couple places, and didn't have enough information to really provide much feedback, I just thought perhaps misunderstanding was a possible reason for your employer's suspicions.

Hell, Walmart and McDonalds won't even call me for an interview... I tried to get a job through a staffing agency and it just turned out to be a horribly embarrassing experience. Being unemployed is the only thing contributing to my depression anymore.

I didnt tell the employer anything that would make him suspicious, what made him suspicious is my story versus what the professor told him apparently, and it seemed like something major. He immediately started being sceptical as per se pre-opinioned about deferring the masters that wasnt matching my version of things, that I just deferred. If you cant comprehend that from what im saying theres no point answering further, cos you wont be able to figure it out, if you cant figure out what im saying

Mysis said:
Plenty of people don't speak english natively, and sometimes aren't communicating well enough when they think they are. Given that your post had some awkward grammar in a couple places, and didn't have enough information to really provide much feedback, I just thought perhaps misunderstanding was a possible reason for your employer's suspicions.

lol seriously, get a life, the issue is far from grammar. If you cant see that you are completely ignorant.

Are you British? If not, technically you're not a native speaker, you might have an Americanized version of English which means your version of grammar can be slightly different.

Yes, we speak English in my country. I'm not from Africa or anything, to remove your preconcieved racial notions.

I think youre just wasting my time, tbh. This is a public forum with its own conventions of condensed "texting" langauge, it is just so sad when people waffle on forums about grammar. It usually gives the impression that they are from a dodgy background and try to soothe their innate inferiority complex. Its the same as people who keep emphasizing if people come from this or that side of town, its the same insecurity about their own background. This seems a reoccurent theme in your posts, which spells a time waster to me

Although the manager in the campus shop job, never paid me, I was on time everyday, etc.. but it seemed he wanted to take back an old employee. He also asked me about where I was working next when he was letting me go, I told him....it seemed rather he was employing then dropping people...so perhaps thats how this small private, disadvantaged school (its not a mainstream school) also said "is there something youre hiding"... people seriously talk in parables, can they not ask you things out straight

hey OP, you need to calm down. Mysis was only trying to help you.
You come on here and type out a horrible sentence, both grammatically and information wise, and when someone asks you to clarify SO THEY CAN HELP you attack them?
On top of that Mysis again tries to help and clear away any misconception on your part that he was being too 'nosy,' even after you insulted him, and you attack him AGAIN?
Get off you high horse. Maybe its the reason YOU'RE lonely.

and before you try to sound smart using words you dont even know how to use; just stop. you only make a fool out of yourself.
I mean, what the heck does "He immediately started being sceptical as per se pre-opinioned about deferring the masters that wasnt matching my version of things, that I just deferred" even mean? per se pre opinioned??? deferring the masters that wasnt matching my version of things???? seriously?

If you dont speak english ANY FORM OF IT, natively, thats okay. If you dont want to give any extra info on your post, thats okay too. Even writing horrible paragraphs with run ons and fragments all over the place is acceptable in my view, at least you get to vent. But coming on here and insulting people who just want to help, thats just wrong man.

This seems a reoccurent theme in your posts, which spells a time waster to me

It's not like I'm pressing the issue of your grammar. It was just one possibility, I mentioned it, you were offended, I explained myself, it's not the case, so fine, that answers that.

I'm willing to tolerate you pecking at me for not understanding your original post, but it bothers me that you'd be slinging unfounded and false accusations about me publicly.

Your comment about me being lonely tells me you really haven't read my other posts on this forum. So unless you can support this claim of a re-occurring theme that justifies your comparison "Its the same as people who keep emphasizing if people come from this or that side of town, its the same insecurity about their own background", it would be well-advised to retract your statement.

(For clarification, a "native language" refers to the language they learn from birth, or the language they're most proficient in. Not their mother-tounge, which is the language with roots in their cultural heritage. So a Chinese person can have english as their native language, and Mandarin as their mother-tounge.)

Mysis said:
...but it bothers me that you'd be slinging unfounded and false accusations about me publicly.

There does seem to be some rather harsh responses to someone who was only trying to help.

ghostly..theroadhome said:
Ok, thank you for your reply, but I'm not going to tell every detail, there is no requirement for it. I think I communicate very clearly, however, your undermining comment seems to be a sad attempt to wean information out for the purpose of being a nosey parker, no wonder youre lonely

"No Wonder You're Lonely." It pisses me the fresia off when someone says that. It displays bitterness and ignorance; a move to strike out in unjustified anger.

Here's a good resource that might help you, ghostly: http://www.amazon.com/How-Win-Friends-Influence-People/dp/1439167346/ref=tmm_hrd_title_0

This is getting farcical, and off the topic entirely, thanks to the first person who polluted my post with a bad attitude in the first place.

Anyways, its probably farcical too the situation. I guess I have to trust the professor, he seems a decent and kind guy, and perhaps the second professor ('not fit for the discipline') as well ... I guess I have to be more trusting with it and hope that things are ok and that people are understanding. I've just worked incredibly hard for this, and I've lost about 3 years trying to complete it after a difficult time in my life...I still get undermining comments from certain people in college, not these two though, guess thats life

The main professor has been very kind, given me encouragement and alot of confidence when everything was falling apart. So I guess Ive got to trust at least one person, who wont orchestrate things to fall apart in my life again.

But the grammar issue is really petty. As Shakespeare says never argue with a fool, in so many words, so I'll leave it at that

I hope you fix your issues grammar person, you've fixated on an inessential issue and filled my thread with an argument unrelated to what I asked. Usually forums ban that type of antagonistic nit-picking inessential trolling. However, I am now enlightened that you're inflexible.

Perhaps, your inability to understand my writing, is actually a product of your depression, or the product of a fragmented mind.

Grammar changes and evolves. If it didn't we would still be speaking in Old or Middle English. I mightve made a few typos mistakes here, that is guaranteed considering Im working so hard, and its a forum, and im busy so it was rushed. There was no need to be undermining about it, etc. perhaps your ethnic status results in not getting a job. Firstly, I'm white, I'm from the country, and we speak English here.

Secondly, use of colloquial words, such as "cos" etc. are a given in a public forum...I'm now bored writing to you.

By the way, nit picking such as this, is the first sign of a controlling-abuser. This is typical bullying, so I disengage from further contact.

Perhaps my sentences are too complex for you. Perhaps I need to write shorter sentences. Like this.

I wish you the best, and thank you again for polluting my post with things unrelated to my question. Its quite farcical.

^^^I see an overuse of the word "farcical." And I also see someone who's arguing quite a bit for someone who said they were going to follow Shakespeare's advice. :p

I think you deserve a random computer-generated complaint letter!

In response to Ghostly TheRoadHome's reports, I would like to offer the following opposing points. I would like to start by discussing Ghostly's policies, mainly because they scare me. The thing I'm the most frightened about is that the most perceptive members of our society respond positively to my message that even insecure pikers would think twice before sitting next to someone whose sole dream is to promote Ghostly's venal substitute for morality, which defines as witless any attempt to give parents the means to protect their children. So don't feed me any phony baloney about how he was chosen by God as the trustee of His wishes and desires. That's just not true.

Fortunately, if you ever get into an argument with some of Ghostly's votaries about whether or not his goals coalesce with those of the most verbally incontinent clodpolls I've ever seen, I have an excellent sockdolager for you. Simply inform the other party that Ghostly has a vested interest in maintaining the myths that keep his posse loyal to him. His principal myth is that we can change the truth if we don't like it the way it is. The truth is that Ghostly's faculty for deception is so far above anyone else's, it really must be considered different in kind as well as in degree. He is squarely in favor of Bonapartism and its propensity to don the mantel of escapism and take control of a nation and suck it dry. This is so typical of Ghostly: he condemns bigotry and injustice except when it benefits him personally. We must reach out to people with the message that I am starting a grassroots campaign with the sole purpose of stopping Ghostly. We must alert people of that. We must educate them. We must inspire them. And we must encourage them to guard against the acquisition of unwarranted influence, whether sought or unsought, by Ghostly and his philistinism movement. Ghostly TheRoadHome's suggestions are Pyrrhonism reincarnate. And that's all I have to say.

Your post badjedidude is a typical example of bullying. I believe you are the one whom a complaint should be made about. Yet again you are firstly polluting my post, harassing me, instigating others to engage in mobbing behaviour, making me a target, and the list goes on....you are guilty of the following: using jardoned academic vocabulary to prove you are a worthy superior being with brain power booming and vibrating so strongly that youre interfering with the electromagnetic waves.

My post has become a sample of the carnivalesque

LOL ZOMG... that was humor, man.

If you can't take a little teasing, then you're in a sad place indeed.

Regardless.. I apologize. Maybe it's best I stay out of your precious thread.

And go ahead. Complain about me. Here's the link: http://www.pakin.org/complaint

Or complain to the mods. I don't give a fresia.

EDIT: LOLLLLL haha ghostly, you are officially a troll.

Calm down.

lol, have you read my post? or are you joking? or looney?

Badjedidude said:
LOL ZOMG... that was humor, man.

If you can't take a little teasing, then you're in a sad place indeed.

Regardless.. I apologize. Maybe it's best I stay out of your precious thread.

And go ahead. Complain about me. Here's the link: http://www.pakin.org/complaint

Or complain to the mods. I don't give a fresia.

Both, I think. Joking and looney.

btw, I forgot you were a chick. Sorry for calling you a dude.

But you seriously need to take a chill pill here.

And put down that dictionary, it just makes you look silly.

ha, a dictionary, and you sitting their with your encyclopedia encarta...My brain houses a dictionary, words spring from all directions.

Badjedidude said:

ha, a dictionary, and you sitting their with your encyclopedia encarta...My brain houses a dictionary, words spring from all directions.

Badjedidude said:

Badjedidude said:

^^^LOL omg... you can NOT be real.

There is no ******* way.

My mind springs forth intellectual abuse to splatter upon your shuddering frame, and yet..

...I know Eve will just come in and erase it all. :( *sigh*

You're not worth it. Buh-bye.

lol, I think the admins are taking the mick with the above...

"incase you didnt hear me the first time" lol

I didnt do that triple posting, not sure how that occured, it was taking ages to load, mistake on the forums part

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back