Another Holiday, another miserable day

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LonelySutton

Reaction score
Just gonna say it, Easter is one of the worst holiday's ever. Here we are on a Sunday, and there is nothing at all that I can do. I am not particularly religious but this holiday for me has basically become another "family" holiday. Where all we really celebrate is your family if you have one. And if you don't...well, we won't let you forget about that fact. All stores will be closed, all things to do will be closed.

I can't even find a lot on TV to watch. I just don't know why it has to be this way. The vast majority of people are single and don't have tons of family. But at every turn there seems to be yet another holiday closing down the town.

Anyone else feel frustrated? I especially get frustrated with it occurring on a weekend killing my weekend.

LonelySutton said:
Just gonna say it, Easter is one of the worst holiday's ever. Here we are on a Sunday, and there is nothing at all that I can do. I am not particularly religious but this holiday for me has basically become another "family" holiday. Where all we really celebrate is your family if you have one. And if you don't...well, we won't let you forget about that fact. All stores will be closed, all things to do will be closed.

I can't even find a lot on TV to watch. I just don't know why it has to be this way. The vast majority of people are single and don't have tons of family. But at every turn there seems to be yet another holiday closing down the town.

Anyone else feel frustrated? I especially get frustrated with it occurring on a weekend killing my weekend.

Me. I think easter is ridiculous, it further reminds me of how much i am not of like minds with the general population. I just want to go grocery shopping, do some errands, make some phone calls, but I cant because its all closed. Frustrated is an understatement. I need to start planning road trips on these days.

Not being religious, Easter was never that big a deal to me. It wasn't as bad as Christmas or New Year. But lately .. well, the last 4 or 5 years or so .. it seems to be getting on a par with those holidays. There's nowhere to go, especially on Good Friday, Easter Sunday, and Easter Monday, because everything is closed. Like most holidays, the older you get the more they seem to be about getting together with family, so, everywhere else like parks, beaches, and so forth, are packed with families. Which brings me to what gets to me the most .... sure, I can watch my nephews hunt for easter eggs, but, it's not the same as it would be watching my own child (children) having fun, squealing and laughing with excitement with each egg they find. There is no-one coming up to me and saying "Daddy, look at all the eggs I've found!". That's what hurts. And I'm probably never going to know what that is like, not because I can't, but just because I've never had the chance ....

Maybe the tehnique of being grateful it wil help you out just be gratful for all things in your life : trees nature water all this miracle things just be careful life its amazing but for those who think positively .And making these tehnique you will atract more good in your life

Latest posts

Back