Anxiety Disprders :(

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

InTheShadows

Reaction score
Today during school, I was honored for working at kids voting this past month. I thought I would just go to the office and get my award. But no! I had to go up on a stage and be stared at by 2000 kids that dont even know who I am! I had a panic attack on stage and fell. I spent the rest of the day in the office breathing into a paper bag and crying. Im embarrassed. All my days at High school I have tried to blend into the background and go unnoticed. But now people see me and laugh. I dont know what to do. I hate having this stupid disorder. Its ruining my life and making me a freak!

oh man! that sounds so horrible! it really sucks that you had to go through such a crappy experience. I hate public speaking/presenting, but your anxiety disorder sounds extra tough to deal with. :(. they didn't even warn you that you were going to have to go up? dang.

ever talked to anyone about the anxiety, or tried anything that worked in helping you deal with it?

I can't help you with the school stuff. High school is hard on everyone, but if you let it show that it bothers you, the longer it is going to stay with you.
However, as far as the anxiety goes...do you know how to meditate? If not, learn. It helps TREMENDOUSLY.

Yep, i've had many similar situations happen to me, like this.
I didn't go to my graduation ceremony because I was afraid of going infront of everyone to receive my graduation diploma.

It feels like the end of the world . . . but it isn't.
Nobody will remember what happened in a few weeks.

(hug) :(.

*hugs in the shadows*

I have panic disorder, but it usually only presents itself when I'm really stressed and tired,

I can understand you feeling embarrassed for fainting on stage,

but no one is going to look down on you or think less of you because of that

tomorrow, I'm going to try to play my guitar in front of other people, ( i kinda got roped into this open mic night thing)

and I'm scared as hell,

but I'm going to try ( I'll let you know how it goes tomorrow)

what really helps is if, you can just not think about whats going on, like think about something else, or pretend you're not even there and it's all just a dream, this gets easier with time,

I also took some mild sedatives for a while that also helped a lot lols

there are many people with the same problems,

but you just gotta throw yourself into the water, and with time you'll learn how to swim

*hugs*

:)

i've broken down, cried, and couldn't function in front of people many times. i know it may sound like a cliche, but i sware to you it will be a pretty much invisible part of of your memory and life one day

hope your ok

I was relieved today when I got to school and no one looked at me or snickered. I was devistated when I found out the reason no one was paying attention to me was because a boy I know was hit by a car last night. He died this morning when his father pulled the plug on life support. I had home room with him for two years. He was one of the only people who spoke to me in that class. Ive realized how stupid and insignificant my problems are. I cant imagine how the girl who hit him feels. She also goes to my school, though Ive never met her before.

InTheShadows said:
I was relieved today when I got to school and no one looked at me or snickered. I was devistated when I found out the reason no one was paying attention to me was because a boy I know was hit by a car last night. He died this morning when his father pulled the plug on life support. I had home room with him for two years. He was one of the only people who spoke to me in that class. Ive realized how stupid and insignificant my problems are. I cant imagine how the girl who hit him feels. She also goes to my school, though Ive never met her before.

:(:(:(
That's terrible . .
Several students died , who went to my my school while I was attending it. Those were sad times :(.

Latest posts

Back