Anxiety...?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RainyDaze

Reaction score
Not sure if this would be diagnosed as anxiety but maybe you guys have some advice for me about it. The problem is that I constantly worry about things, like things I don't need to worrying about... So much to the point where I make myself sick. And I can't stop worrying about it unless I distract myself which doesn't really help because I just start worrying about it again later..

And I'm paranoid, like about friends and stuff, and like people... Like if someone is in a hurry or something I don't think that the reason they hang up is that they have to go, I think that I did something and that they don't want to talk to me. I mean I would be fine if I could keep it to myself but I just can't... It's affecting my daytoday life, so I'm thinking about asking my doctor for some kind of anxiety meds...

My dad was on anxiety medicine when I was growing up so I guess I got this from him...

Let me know what you guys think...
x3 Jessie.

Focus on the parts of the anxiety that you can deal with right now, and push away all other worries for "later." If you have a homework assignment due and potentially a friend being unhappy with you, focus on finishing the homework assignment first since you'll know exactly what to do to finish that. Once you've accomplished that, you'll feel more achieved, more confident, and more capable of dealing with your other worries.

If someone hangs up on you and you're not sure if its your fault, tell yourself this: "If he/she is a good friend, he/she would tell me if there was anything wrong. I would not assume anyone else to read my mind, and therefore neither should I have to read the mind of anyone else." If you need to clarify this, ask your friend if everything is all right since he/she cut off the phone fairly abruptly.

Chances are that he/she just wanted to spend more time with a video game. Heaven knows that I've been guilty of that ;)

Regards,
IO

It might be generalised anxiety disorder. I have a strong suspicion I've had that approximately since starting school. Very annoying, mind you. Well, there are meds for it though I haven't used them myself. They are always a shaky ground at best. I think the disorder's pretty much chronic. Google up "generalised anxiety disorder", I think you might recognise many of your symptoms. Along with possible treatments. Though I would not advise to get overly fascinated with a vast variety of suggested medications. Better something natural perhaps.

Hijacc said:
It s not that bad to be paranoid lol
You have no idea, >.>... I don't think you understand the amount of paranoia I'm talking about. And it happens all the time, so yes, it is a problem... Causing problems with my friends and boyfriend...

And it sounds like I might have generalized anxiety disorder, like you said silvernight... I'll ask my therapist about it, just not sure when I'm going to be able to get into my doctor.. =/.

It might be I was diagnosed with an anxiety disorder when i was about 10, and I've been taking some medication. so It hasn't been a major problem Have you ever had an anxeity attack or a panic attack? those can be symptons of anxiety,

Also unfortunatly the paronioa about friends i still have and I don't think it will ever go away, it's just so hard to unerstand what others percieve you as, a friend an aquaintance, something else.

RainyDaze said:
Hijacc said:
It s not that bad to be paranoid lol
You have no idea, >.>... I don't think you understand the amount of paranoia I'm talking about. And it happens all the time, so yes, it is a problem... Causing problems with my friends and boyfriend...

And it sounds like I might have generalized anxiety disorder, like you said silvernight... I'll ask my therapist about it, just not sure when I'm going to be able to get into my doctor.. =/.

Im sorry.....i wasnt thinking

I have this to a large scale too.
For the past 2 years of my life, I've been certain I have only a day to live. I've diagnosed myself with many terminal illnesses like Diabetes, MS & Cancer of the brain, lungs, and testicle. I also have issues with people, and I think they all see me as a weird creep who far too miserable to hang out with. Stuff like mild agoraphobia (mainly at night - but i always seem to have an urge to be back in my room when I go out), hypochondria, lack of confidence.
The weird thing is I seem to have the utmost confidence in all of these things. (which makes me feel like im trying to get attention without realizing, which then points me back to my lack of confidence)
Sometimes I just want to scream 'help me' becuase I can almost not bear it any longer. But it fluctuates.

I guess some people are just like this. namely, us. But... I REALLY feel that with the right amount of willpower you can overcome it. I would never recommend the meds, because after all, they are just another psychoactive drug. They may help in the short term, but I doubt they will help you in the long term.

I'm currently on a quest for self-improvement, and ONLY if this does not pay off, will i turn to drugs. Becuase they are what got me here in the first place, or at least I suspect they are.

Yeah, well my dad quit his job so I don't have insurance right now but when I get it, I'll go to my psychologist.. I started taking some medicine that my mom gave me and it seemed to help alot. =].

Does anyone have anything that might help calm me down like if I really need it and I'm having an anxiety attack but I don't have medicine yet? Usually I try to watch something funny or look at funny pictures online, just trying to think of other stuff I could do.

Do you like to read? Sometimes I'll get so lost in a book that I'll completely shut out the world around me. That might help you deal with some of your anxiety temporarily.

I've heard that exercising while listening to music also helps, but I've always found it makes my mind even more cluttered than normal. You might give it a shot just in case it works for you.

RainyDaze said:
Does anyone have anything that might help calm me down like if I really need it and I'm having an anxiety attack but I don't have medicine yet? Usually I try to watch something funny or look at funny pictures online, just trying to think of other stuff I could do.

RainyDaze said:

Well there are several things you can take that would help you calm down. Valerian Root, large doses of vitamin C like 2000 - 5000mg (you have to find your tolerance as too much can give you the runs), calcium (be careful as magnesium can have the opposite effect, to much calcium and you will get constipated), could try Theanine, watch your intake of high glycemic carbs, increase your intake of protein.

There are lots of things you can do to reduce anxiety or even elminate it all together.

Latest posts

Back