Any Musicians Here?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RJLJD

Reaction score
Or people that record music? I've been looking for a way to record myself for a long time now in a simple way where I could upload it to the computer. Believe it or not, I'm a bit of an amateur rapper (don't know if that type of music is anyone's forte on here to be honest), and I'd love to be able to share some of my work someday.

lots of musicians here i think.
you can easely record something at home.
youll need some software decent soundcard and a mic in your case.

i use protools and an Mbox.

I know novice level drums and guitar, but am not planning to continue either. I am planning to become a music journalist though. We have a thread devoted to both musicians and music lovers somewhere.
You enjoy rap? Have you heard Blu & Exile's Below the Heavens?

i should have figured you guys have a thread already.
and yes i do enjoy rap, quite a bit. but no, i don't listen to Blu a lot. nothing against him at all i just haven't really gotten into his stuff. i wish i had more time actually so i could listen to more artists like him. do you listen to a lot of rap, pheenix? i imagine you must have to listen to all kinds of music if you want to be a music journalist. unless you're specializing or something.
paulo, thanks for the info. i'd ask how much good software would cost, but a google search could probably do the work for me.

My favorite genre is, for some reason, metal, but yeah, I like to listen to a broad pallet, and I do enjoy hip-hop as well sometimes. Hip-hop and metal seem to be arch enemies, but they are surprisingly similar genres. I enjoy (MF) Doom, Nas, Biggie, Wu Tang, Mac Lethal... Yeah, I still haven't really moved past the classics :D
It should be noted that Blu and Exile's collab is head and shoulders above anything they've individually done.

I'm typically openminded about music in the sense that I won't knock someone for what they like just because its not something I like or listen to a lot. I'm of the thought that every genre has its quality and has its... well... trash. for instance, i really do like rap/hip hop but will be the first to say that i think lil wayne is horrible.
i just say that because you say metal and rap are enemies. i don't listen to metal, but i can respect it.
Nas, Biggie, Wu Tang... all very nice. you really can't beat the classics and those are some classic type artists that you mention.
i'm somewhere in between the underground and mainstream in what i like. i like mainstream artists that stay true to form and don't make nonsense, or underground guys on their way up.
artists i like include Eminem, Lupe Fiasco, Common, Talib Kweli, Jay-Z, Nas, TuPac, B.o.B, Wale, and J. Cole.

ugh, funds are low right now, and an unexpected expense is going to put me even more behind for the time being.
writing is still on, recording is postponed.

Latest posts

Back