Any Plans for Thanksgiving?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I already had thanksgiving cuz I'm canadian lol, both my sisters ditched and it was just me, my mama, my squishers and the bf. Surprisingly it was really nice. Ate dinner and played some games. Sometimes my one sister has mood swings and gets really abusive to my mother out of nowhere and blames her for random things in her life, so as bad as it is to say this I'm kinda glad she was not there bringing all her drama.

Solivagant said:
I'll be alone, cat-sitting for someone while they're visiting family out of town.

I did that one year, about 12-13 years ago for a coworker. I stayed in their house alone with a cat, a dog and a pet turtle named Vito.

I remember going for a walk through the neighborhood on Thanksgiving and looking at people's homes with lots of cars out front and lights and people inside. It made me sad.

Also, that dang turtle was on a hunger strike for some reason and I thought he was going to starve to death on me. I tried to cajole it into eating but maybe small turtles just don't eat that much. :)

-Teresa

lonelypanda said:
I already had thanksgiving cuz I'm canadian lol, both my sisters ditched and it was just me, my mama, my squishers and the bf. Surprisingly it was really nice. Ate dinner and played some games. Sometimes my one sister has mood swings and gets really abusive to my mother out of nowhere and blames her for random things in her life, so as bad as it is to say this I'm kinda glad she was not there bringing all her drama.

What's a squisher?

Tealeaf said:
lonelypanda said:

What's a squisher?

It's my daughter hahaha I call her squish/squishy/squishers/squishums any variation of that. I called her that since she was a newborn nugget. If you've ever pinched baby fat, it's different than ours, it's super soft, and well, squishy ! Thus her nickname was born.

We don't really celebrate thanksgiving in the UK, but it just reminds me of Chandler Bing out of friends.

That is all.

I will be going to my SIL's mom's house for Turkey day with my brother, nephew, SIL and SIL's mom. I do thank god for their generosity.

But also wonder what is going to become of me once she passes and my nephew grows up and goes to college etc.

Thanksgiving is sort of an unhappy holiday for all.

I wanted to cook, but I doubt that's happening. His sister will probably just bring food over anyway. Because they seem to think I'm incapable of doing anything, and his mom is too lazy to do anything. The one holiday I didn't want to be annoyed, but of course, I am.

VanillaCreme said:
I wanted to cook, but I doubt that's happening. His sister will probably just bring food over anyway. Because they seem to think I'm incapable of doing anything, and his mom is too lazy to do anything. The one holiday I didn't want to be annoyed, but of course, I am.

I'm sorry. It's never comfortable when people underestimate you or don't think you can do something. That's their problem but I can still see how it would upset you.

Try to have a good day anyway. :(

I went to my uncles house.... there were about 20 or so of us. I have a BF, but he doesn't come to any family events... so we ate, had dessert and then we were done. Im sitting on the couch, watching TV while my BF is asleep next to me. Pretty typical Thanksgiving. I'm always Thankful for my big family.

Any plans I had for Thanksgiving don't matter now because they've been murdered and raped, just like every other ******* plan I made for my own happiness.

SlayGuy138 said:
Any plans I had for Thanksgiving don't matter now because they've been murdered and raped, just like every other ******* plan I made for my own happiness.

(((((((hugs)))))))

Cat-sitting was cancelled. Just sitting around now... not sure what I'll do.

SofiasMami said:
I remember going for a walk through the neighborhood on Thanksgiving and looking at people's homes with lots of cars out front and lights and people inside. It made me sad.

It makes me sad too. :(

SlayGuy138 said:

Well... That escalated quickly.

I made chicken curry with rice and seven condiments, a cooling bowl of fruit to accompany and pumpkin pies for dessert. All for two people, my 91 yr old mother, who's actually in an upswing mood and more mentally coherent than usual, and myself.

I went for a walk around the village, bundled up against the driving hard sleet, and looked at the other 2 dozen houses most of which had lots of cars and visitors.......it wasn't the most cheerful walk I've ever had.

But it's not too bad, I'm doing OK.

Teresa, if you read this, the deep-fried turkey was fantastic. I didn't burn down the backyard, or make a huge mess. It went really well and everyone at the table kept saying how delicious it was.

So next year, if you are in the area, come on over :)

Danielle said:
I went to my uncles house.... there were about 20 or so of us. I have a BF, but he doesn't come to any family events... so we ate, had dessert and then we were done. Im sitting on the couch, watching TV while my BF is asleep next to me. Pretty typical Thanksgiving. I'm always Thankful for my big family.

I got quite a few people in my family too and they must have had a nice time today. I called and said hi and that was about it. I am thankful for them too.

SlayGuy138 said:

What happened? TV stop working?

VanillaCreme said:
Well... That escalated quickly.

What about yours? Did you survive your holiday? I hope so.

Latest posts

Back