Any Roller-blade skaters here?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Actually I used to be a good roller skater. Then I got pretty good at roller blading. I use to ride all around the city at night as my exercise. I could go forward, backwards, spin, jump, and do some tricks. I never did any rails or anything like that though. But, I would go down stairs and jump up on concrete seats and large concrete planter boxes and ride over them. But, the rough asphault really started to bother my legs and feet. My feet would be complete numb when I returned home. When my last pair broke apart about 8 years ago or so I never rode again.

Actually I used to be a good roller skater. Then I got pretty good at roller blading. I use to ride all around the city at night as my exercise. I could go forward, backwards, spin, jump, and do some tricks. I never did any rails or anything like that though. But, I would go down stairs and jump up on concrete seats and large concrete planter boxes and ride over them. But, the rough asphault really started to bother my legs and feet. My feet would be complete numb when I returned home. When my last pair broke apart about 8 years ago or so I never rode again.
That's cool, do you miss it?

That's cool, do you miss it?
Yes I do. I really liked roller blading. It's great exercise too.

About six years ago I bought an expense well reviewed pair. I spent several weeks doing lots of research. But, they turned out to be complete honeysuckle. Luckily I was able to resell them on Ebay slightly used and for more money then I paid. The person really liked them too. I don't know why.

I guess I'm much harder on them then most. I ride for several / many miles at a time. I jump with them. I need high quality parts that can take abuse. I demand wheels that roll really well. But, I also need comfort and support for my weak ankles. I never again found a pair that worked well for me.

Roller blading on the street is hard on your legs and feet so it's probably better that I don't get another pair. To be honest I think it caused the nerve damage in my feet.

**** you're serious about it. Did you do any competition type stuff, or just leisure?
I'm sorry it ended up that way. Hope you had a good run at it while you could.

Is there anything that took its place?

**** you're serious about it. Did you do any competition type stuff, or just leisure?
I'm sorry it ended up that way. Hope you had a good run at it while you could.

Is there anything that took its place?
No competition. I don't like being around other people. Occationally a few people would watch me. But, I didn't stick around very long.

Funny you should ask about a replacement. I live near a public skate / bike park. I'm not good on a board. But, I did start thinking about trick riding on a bike. I did a few small jumps there a few months ago and realized now is not the time to learn and practice doing tricks on a bike. I got a nice plant of a pedal into my shin and bled like a stuck pig. Ha! ha! I'm getting to an age where injuries occur too easily. So, I'll stick to riding in a flat straight line. Ha! ha!

No competition. I don't like being around other people. Occationally a few people would watch me. But, I didn't stick around very long.

Funny you should ask about a replacement. I live near a public skate / bike park. I'm not good on a board. But, I did start thinking about trick riding on a bike. I did a few small jumps there a few months ago and realized now is not the time to learn and practice doing tricks on a bike. I got a nice plant of a pedal into my shin and bled like a stuck pig. Ha! ha! I'm getting to an age where injuries occur too easily. So, I'll stick to riding in a flat straight line. Ha! ha!
Ahh that sucks. Did your shin heal well?
I guess a skateboard would be a bad idea as well regardless then. Seems like youll find something else though, thats great.

Ahh that sucks. Did your shin heal well?
I guess a skateboard would be a bad idea as well regardless then. Seems like youll find something else though, thats great.
Yeah, I'm healthy and typically heal pretty fast. I already have plenty of scars. Uncovered legs on Harley exhausts many times and other stupid things. Ha! Ha!

In my opinion skate board = hospital. Ha! ha! I don't have health insurance either. So, that keeps me from doing lots of stupid things. Ha! ha!

I used to roller blade a little when I was a kid, but I haven't in a while.

I thought I saw someone doing it recently though. I hadn't thought about it in a while but yeah, I guess it had become kind of rare in recent years, I hadn't seen a lot of people on roller blades in a while. Maybe it will make a comeback.

I used to roller blade a little when I was a kid, but I haven't in a while.

I thought I saw someone doing it recently though. I hadn't thought about it in a while but yeah, I guess it had become kind of rare in recent years, I hadn't seen a lot of people on roller blades in a while. Maybe it will make a comeback.
They'll come back when the roller blades have electric motors on them with lithium batteries or some sort.

The sidewalks are littered with those **** rentable electric scooters. I've almost ran into several of them on my bike.

Latest posts

Back