Anybody else here had Akathisia?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hereward87

Reaction score
I have had severe Akathisia in the past. Jordan Peterson speaks occasionally about his experience with Akathisia. Even though I suspect him of being a shill, I feel really sorry for him about his being tormented by akathisia.

Close. I have restless leg syndrome. I wiggle my legs and feet back and forth through out the night. They always are in pain too. But, I constantly bite and niddle my lips all day long. I continually pull pieces of skin off my lips with my teeth. Sometimes my lips bleed because I pull off too much skin. I have done both all my life and can not stop doing it.

Then again maybe I do. I have a difficult time sitting still. I continually cross and recross my legs. I just can't get comfortable. I also itch and scratch quit a bit without any real reason. But, I don't think I do these things enough to bring attention to myself.

Close. I have restless leg syndrome. I wiggle my legs and feet back and forth through out the night. They always are in pain too. But, I constantly bite and niddle my lips all day long. I continually pull pieces of skin off my lips with my teeth. Sometimes my lips bleed because I pull off too much skin. I have done both all my life and can not stop doing it.

Then again maybe I do. I have a difficult time sitting still. I continually cross and recross my legs. I just can't get comfortable. I also itch and scratch quit a bit without any real reason. But, I don't think I do these things enough to bring attention to myself.
I actually thought i had restless leg syndrome because i was constantly having to stretch my legs while laying down. It also felt like cold water was being poured on certain areas of my legs and i'd need to get out of bed to stretch them like i was about to do a marathon. Apparently it was a symptom of low vitamin D, but the last time this happened my vitamin D was fine and i'm ducked as to what caused it. It's such a nasty/horrible feeling though and you can't sleep well at all.

I actually thought i had restless leg syndrome because i was constantly having to stretch my legs while laying down. It also felt like cold water was being poured on certain areas of my legs and i'd need to get out of bed to stretch them like i was about to do a marathon. Apparently it was a symptom of low vitamin D, but the last time this happened my vitamin D was fine and i'm ducked as to what caused it. It's such a nasty/horrible feeling though and you can't sleep well at all.
You might. It's all about aching muscles with a feeling that you need to use them.

Mine is more of a feeling of pain and like thousands of pins sticking in my legs and feet. My muscles ache. But, wiggling my legs and feet makes they feel so much better. I was told I even did it as a baby in my crib.

You knowww the water legs thing used to happen to me on trains like only on trains discovered it was my anxiety how strange

You might. It's all about aching muscles with a feeling that you need to use them.

Mine is more of a feeling of pain and like thousands of pins sticking in my legs and feet. My muscles ache. But, wiggling my legs and feet makes they feel so much better. I was told I even did it as a baby in my crib.
That sounds painful and deeply unpleasant. My calf muscles feel like they are twitching, then feel like water is being poured onto them. It's such an odd/weird feeling, then i feel super warm when it happens too.

That sounds painful and deeply unpleasant. My calf muscles feel like they are twitching, then feel like water is being poured onto them. It's such an odd/weird feeling, then i feel super warm when it happens too.
Interesting. I don't know what you can do about it though. Maybe low on vitamin C?!?!? My muscles definitely twitch and cramp at night if I'm low on Vit C.

Interesting. I don't know what you can do about it though. Maybe low on vitamin C?!?!? My muscles definitely twitch and cramp at night if I'm low on Vit C.
It's very clucked up indeed. Won't be the vitamin C level this time as i have those tablets you can dissolve in water which i take for vitamin C. It hasn't happened for weeks and weeks now, which i am glad about because i currently can't sleep deeply anymore.

I was prescribed a particular medication once. I won't mention it; though it was a psychiatric medication.

It was hell. I got off of it as soon as the hell set in. If I was sitting still or not moving, I felt like I had to move; and if I was moving, I felt like I had to be still. There was no in-between. It was awful.

All kinds of horror stories out their from these psychiatric drugs... It's awful.

Fortunately I wasn't being coerced or forced to take that particular medication; I had just been curious about it, so the doctor prescribed it. So, I was able to stop taking it, immediately.

I have had severe Akathisia in the past. Jordan Peterson speaks occasionally about his experience with Akathisia. Even though I suspect him of being a shill, I feel really sorry for him about his being tormented by akathisia.
He's not a shill.
He is a jerk, however. I like some things about Nietzsche, but I'm not in love with the dude like he is.

Latest posts

Back