Anybody in Phoenix like me? Anyone?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

anthonyS13

Reaction score
Well, things have been very monotonous for me for the past few years. I don't seem to be living the life I could be, surrounded by friends who think similarly as I do. As many know, Arizona is one of those conservative states and it's near impossible to find anyone who is more of a progressive thinker like me. Even my own family leaves me feeling alienated because they're Catholic conservatives as well.

I need to find people who won't bash gays, Muslims, and agnostic/atheists like me. People who won't tell me what's wrong or right based on what they believe. There is a severe lack of people who refuse to be open-minded or accepting of anyone who isn't a heterosexual Christian in this place.

Is there anybody around here? I feel alienated and out of place, and if attempts to find like-minded people are unsuccessful, I feel I'm going to need serious help moving out of this entire state.

Not from Arizona but I've been there. I love it there, you're so lucky. If i could move there i would do it in a heart beat.

lonelypanda said:
Not from Arizona but I've been there. I love it there, you're so lucky. If i could move there i would do it in a heart beat.

There are only a few times where I enjoy it in Phoenix, but summers are absolutely unbearable. I've lived here my whole life without finding a group of like-minded friends. It's not fun anymore and I want to be somewhere new.

anthonyS13 said:
lonelypanda said:

There are only a few times where I enjoy it in Phoenix, but summers are absolutely unbearable. I've lived here my whole life without finding a group of like-minded friends. It's not fun anymore and I want to be somewhere new.

Yeah that would suck, never knew it was so conservative there. I like the sickeningly hot temperatures, I went there in august for that reason. I get the opposite, unbearable cold and I hate it.

lonelypanda said:
anthonyS13 said:
lonelypanda said:

Yeah that would suck, never knew it was so conservative there. I like the sickeningly hot temperatures, I went there in august for that reason. I get the opposite, unbearable cold and I hate it.

I absolutely abhor the summers here. No one wants to go out, everybody is inside, and it's absolutely inhospitable. I need someone to get me out of here for good. There's always a better place to be and I want to be there, somewhere much more north.

anthonyS13 said:
lonelypanda said:
anthonyS13 said:
lonelypanda said:

I absolutely abhor the summers here. No one wants to go out, everybody is inside, and it's absolutely inhospitable. I need someone to get me out of here for good. There's always a better place to be and I want to be there, somewhere much more north.

Yeah it tripped me out when night would hit and it was the same temperature, I'm so used to a huge temperature drop. It's like there is no escaping it when you're otside, even when night comes.

Latest posts

Back