Anybody out their?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JohnHenryEden

Reaction score
Hello. I am 13 years old. Don't take me as an average teen. I have high intellectual pursuits and in my spare time I attempt to build machines out of junk i find. My latest is a table cleaning robot built out of a cellphone, toothbrush, two 1.5 volt dc motors. I also buy and sell antiques for profit and created my own website. I also like going outside and doing many activities. I also have diverse political opinions on a vast array of topics. I also have a thirst for knowledge, and I am very open minded. I have many friends, I am a charismatic guy but still feel alone. My dad is never home, and my mom has severe anger management problems. My 9 year old brother is a very negative person and spends all his time on his computer. What I have noticed is sometimes i have long lasting conversations with adults. I also enjoy listening to many types of music, except for popular music. Reason is i believe its trying to persuade people my age into thinking things like " i have to look good to be liked" and " i have to do pot or else i will have no friends." I have discussed this with my friends and they ALL say well those quotes are true. I have met 5 girls who have attemted suicide my age although One is 11. They all have attemped suicide because they don't feel good enough to be in public. I have met a group of 11 year old girls talking about sex, boyfriends, and girl drama. I believe this is a direct result from mass media in this modren age and think the same censorships that were used int the 1950s should be re-enstated. So, my question is, is their someone my age at the same intellectual level as me?

Also, I'd like to see thoughts and opionions on this from other people too.

I think I've matured greatly due to depression...
So when I talk to adults, I can hold my one sense of judgement and comfort.
I'm 15, but... we've all matured in different ways.
I'm not sure what to say! lol

Yeah I understand. I'm glad that their is someone out their that is similar to me, but kinda sad that you matured out of depression. What's your story?

Basically, it was the stress of fitting in!
Also, I had major anxiety..
I was enrolled in piano and martial arts..
But you know.. I had to prepare myself mentally to get there!
There are people who I can't really relate to..
And I was always self-conscious of what people thought of me.
I just wanted to be left alone for some periods..
But I was always forced to go out and.. well, at least do some sports..
Which I never did like.. as there were people, and they always compare physicality and mentality... And all the while, I disliked it, because I am still self-conscious!
It's also the stress from school...
There's also stress from family.. and I just wanted to focus on myself, but I was dragged in with everything. I just wanted to be left alone and have peace, but I never did..
I never wanted to associate with anyone... and my education and time is being determined by my parents.
I can't relax at all, with my paranoia..
I'm expected to go to martial arts everyday, and it occurs at 6:30 P.M...
It changes everything. There are adults and older people, and well, they look down on me lol.
It's like scheduling a meeting... I have to prepare myself, and prepare how I'd react and talk.
My martial arts instructor says that he'll get the shyness out of me, and how he can relate..
But it's all wrong, as I don't reveal anything truthfully.
I'm very well, short, yes.. :|
I drank a lot of coffee and green tea.. multiple servings in a cup.
I'm trying to "save face" by showing that I have no problems.. by keeping an indifferent attitude and smiling..
But I'm developing so horribly, and my personality is very awkward and shy.
People say I'm shy, but I'm not.. well, I don't talk anymore. And it's been accepted that I'm shy, so how can I just change it in an instant?
It takes so much planning and confidence to say what I want, I don't bother.. and let people think what they want about me.
But realize, we're just teenagers.
Our drama is worthless when we're adults.

Thanks for sharing that.I also hide my inner thoughts and feelings, this is the first time ive exposed them. I completely agree with the last few sentences of your paragraph also.

I'll try to live a normal life but ill never give up my true beliefs. And I don't stress the negative :p i just wanna know if theirs someone like me out there.

No, no one is exactly the same. At your age, I was also more mature than most people around me and I also had very strong opinions about the world, though I think those will both change significantly with experience. I do not believe that it is solely due to mass media, either; hormones are, after all, a significant influence.

At any rate, stay true to yourself and find your path. That's the most important thing.

May I suggest focusing on your writing abilities, though? If you want to be taken more seriously online, remember that your text is a large part of your 'appearance' and first impressions are based on appearance.

You my friend are much alike me. When I heard people talk about girlfriends/boyfriends and honeysuckle like that, I was "What? Aren't we too young for that?"

Oh and yeah I didn't curse back then, now I do haha.

My advice, wait until your 15. Your a late bloomer like myself. I started exercising when I was 15 lost a ton of weight, and I started building muscle recently. I WANT girls to notice me, I want that; before I didn't! I was amazed as well at how much cursing I heard, now I usually curse as well (it feels good to vent). You just wait and see, in 2 years your going to look back and say "****!".

I still have a lot of opinions about politics/economy but I keep them to myself :D.

I work outside alot. :p im already kinda stronger then some of my friends. Also, i have had a few relationships with girls, but they don't take it seriously so i decided to wait and see when their older if they have changed or not.

JohnHenryEden said:
I work outside alot. :p im already kinda stronger then some of my friends. Also, i have had a few relationships with girls, but they don't take it seriously so i decided to wait and see when their older if they have changed or not.

Good.

Latest posts

Back