Anyone get lonely on the weekends?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You're not alone!

I find it helpful to go out shopping for something on say Saturday afternoon or evening. Nothing big or expensive - something to just get me out of the house. I'm a crafty type person, so I enjoy places like Michael's, or a fitness store works too. I'm in my element when I can talk about something I know about, and the occasional five minutes of interaction with a like-minded person is enough for me, and I'm usually mentally ok after that. Lol

Then I come home and relish my quiet once again! :). But I really like this site too. It's been very helpful so far.

I like my hermit time, but I do understand wanting company after long periods of seeing/speaking to no one, skype calls keep me company from time to time without the social commitment xD

I work from home and can pick and choose my hours so most weekends I opt to work just to fill in the hours and feel productive. It might be different when the weather finally improves (still cold and wet here - barely spring yet) and I'll want to get out more (ie my boring backyard but it's still nice to just get out in the fresh air).

But I think you're right - it does feel more lonely on the weekends for some reason.

If I had a job I might - but I'm self-employed and work all week alone, scarcely seeing or speaking to anyone. Weekends (particularly in the summer) are times when I'm extra busy and get out and meet a few people while selling my products, so less lonely then.

I have everything going for me but I cant stop feeling sorry for myself, why do unfair things happen?
I have a sob story but no desire to share it.

I think that is why I joined this site. During the week I can hardly keep up with my social responsibilities. I frankly get annoyed when my friends (some who may post on message boards) post a lot during the week and I don't get to participate. I leave for work at 7 AM and get home at 7 PM. Whatever I could respond with is going to be poor and non quality.

So I try to answer on the weekend but, here is the thing... NO ONE POSTS on the weekend. No matter what -- text, facebook, message board, phone, nothing happens all week. If I leave messages on boards... no one posts until Monday. Where are they all? It isn't like I don't do things on the weekend, but they don't take all day. I leave at 12 get home at 6 and no one has posted anything.

This weekend is a long weekend for me... I HATE those. But in particular, tomorrow is Easter and almost everything is closed. And I guess they are visiting family but really ... I will too! I takes about 3 hours tops.

I kind of feel like advertising for a weekend only friend. Meaning... the friend has to be available most of the weekend.

Anyone else feel like this... like the weekend is incredibly lonely?
Love the idea of advertising for a weekend only friend, and nothing wrong with it if it suits them too. Maybe a weekend only friend can be an online friend?

If I had a job I might - but I'm self-employed and work all week alone, scarcely seeing or speaking to anyone. Weekends (particularly in the summer) are times when I'm extra busy and get out and meet a few people while selling my products, so less lonely then.
Like you I am self employed and work alone, its amazing how many people dont understand it isnt it. They dont get that it makes your situation far more difficult when it comes to loneliness. I am happily married and my husband is here working in his office in our house all day so they get this silly notion that you cannot be lonely because you are married and he is here ! Really? Even though we are in different rooms not speaking all day?! Get real. Anyway neither of us wants to be tied to the other like siamese twins who never separate or see other people. We are not interested in flirting or cheating, just talking to others sometimes. Not just the guy who delivers a parcel, a proper talk!

Latest posts

Back