Anyone Housebound (agoraphobia)?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
G

Guest...

has anyone ever had trouble leaving the house because of loneliness or unemployment??

I havent managed to leave my house in 4 days straight!!!

I don't think agoraphobia has anything to do with loneliness or unemployment.....

I stay home a lot I haven't been out further than the yard in at least a week and a half

but that's because i can't really leave, I can't drive, but not sure where I would drive to anyway

Agoraphobia is the fear of being in a public place or fear of not being able to escape a place or something like that, but what does it have to do with loneliness or unemployment?

No not really. For a while it was getting really difficult. Even the idea of just going and standing on the front steps for one minute then coming back in, scared the heck out of me but it had nothing to do with loneliness or unemployment, for me.

I used to have anxiety and panic attacks so I know all about not leaving the house it wasn't until I tried clolazepam that the aniexty went away. Have you been to the doctor for medication so you can get out, usually they won't prescribe them unless there's a good reason why and then they don't like prescribing them because they can become addictive.

i guess im agoraphobic, i only go when i have to and when i do its usually a bad, nervous, anxious experience. As soon as i come back inside I have that previous bad experience to make me want to stay in even more, its been like this for yrs now. my advice go out while u still can, dont get caught in it like me, im hopeless now. :(

Cause I find it so hard to go out without ppl to take me out or a job. A job keeps me busy, and with people going out is alot easier.

Hiya

I am not really struggling to go out for that reason. Mine is more that I have few reasons to leave the house apart from work. Sorry I can't help.

Yes and you are not alone either.

Social phobia - used to hide under my bed even had body dysmorphia too.

Some things tye us back - fears and low self worth and bad memories or events/social/self esteem issues and it makes it even harder to break free - esp if there is no one to motivate and feel belonged with.

But your not alone.

Blueyy lol I have just activated your account so you can post all over the Bord now :)

Welcome here mate.

lol Did you try to get bluey as a name but it told you it was gone lol, That be my fault :)

Well how could I not activate your account as you have such a cool name :D

I have managed to stay in the house probably a max of two weeks or longer due to having enough food to survive that long without needing to go shopping. I then do no laundry since I am not leaving the house and play on the computer all day. I do not think it is agoraphobia however I experience so many negative emotions while outside of my home. That it is generally an unpleasant experience.

frey12 said:
I have managed to stay in the house probably a max of two weeks or longer due to having enough food to survive that long without needing to go shopping. I then do no laundry since I am not leaving the house and play on the computer all day. I do not think it is agoraphobia however I experience so many negative emotions while outside of my home. That it is generally an unpleasant experience.

You know being outside can be such a positive experience. Its all down to where you go and who you go with if anyone.

I have a push bike I love to go out on when the whether is good.

I love the outdoors. But if I go into town on a friday or saturday night then this is full of drunks and becomes not a very positive experience.

If your around stupid ppl then its not going to be good. But if your taking a walk fro a nice park or a lake with a good friend of just a pet dog or as I do on my bike then it really can make you feel much better.

I just had a look in your bio as I do a loot on here. manly cos am always interested where ppl are at. Shame we don't live closer, as most on here we live fer away. I would have totally made your going out a positive one. I would say its all about finding the right ppl to go with.

I spend to much time in I think as I don't work. But I don't think its to healthy to stay cooped up all of the time.

Latest posts

Back