Anyone in or around Toronto?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NowhereMan99

Reaction score
Hi! I'm a 23-year-old guy living in Toronto looking to meet people here and make some possible friends. Of course, I have no idea what else to write here.

I work as an ESL Instructor and Tutor. My two main passions are children's education and creative writing. I'm also an introverted daydreamer (daydreaming being one of my greatest talents). It feels a bit strange writing a message like this, and I have no idea what else to say, but feel free to say hello!

Hello fellow Canadian, write whatever you want. Rant, tell us more about yourself, or just blabber on about anything you need to get off your chest.

Hello, I'm also in the city, I don't have any friends here. I like to write as well and hang our calmly... I'm pretty shy and nervous in general. Anyone want to be friends at all then PM me :)

I'm in Toronto as well, would really like to meet some new people here as I don't really have any friends. But I'm stuttery and stammery in my conversation skills and physically unattractive... which makes me extremely anxious to face people in person. If you don't mind an awkward, unattractive girl to talk to, then feel free to PM me.

Hi NowhereMan, I'm a 52 year old woman living in Ajax. I'm an Educational Assistant in a special needs class, and I also tutor. I have no ESL training, but have been approached by a woman who wants me to tutor her in English. Perhaps I can get some pointers from you. I am also into creative writing; I write mostly poetry. Perhaps we could share some of our writing sometime.

Nice to meet you,
Raven

I am 25 years old and recently returned to college after working for a while. I've been in Toronto for a few months now, but haven't made any friends. I'm quite shy and find it difficult to meet people. I've tried getting to know my classmates, but many are younger and very outgoing. I'd like to make some friends soon, and would welcome anyone who wants to contact me.

email: [email protected]

I am paying $1,000 (Canadian) for anybody in Toronto who could become a friend to an eighteen year old Chinese boy who will be arriving in Toronto at the end of August of this year to attend Grade 12 at a high school administered by the Toronto Catholic District School Board.

The friend does not need to speak Chinese. Here is what the friend would need to do:

1. help the student as his official contact for the school in educational matters so that he will find it easier to understand
2. help the student undertand his timetable
3. make sure he understands when providing consent for timetable changes
4. help the student to understand his report card
5. communicate a minimum of twice a semester with the student’s parents to let them know how their son is doing in Toronto. This letter can be written in English and then it would be translated by my office here in the People's Republic of China
6. advise parents immediately, via email, of any school issue that presents a problem
7. speak on behalf of the student’s parents regarding such issues
8. make a phone call or two to the boy one in a while as he will be lonely in Toronto without friends.

I am originally from Hamilton, Ontario. I have been living and working in the People's Republic of China since April of 2004. I was lonely, myself, at times in Toronto so I can imagine how the student my organization is sending to study there will feel. I have been very lucky in China and have good people around me. My family and friends in Canada have gone out of their way to make sure I am not lonely here and call and write more often than they did when we were living in the same city.

I am not using my real name in this forum as I want to protect my student. My email is [email protected] I am not spanish but a fan of the Flintstones. I would be happy to answer any questions. If you know of anybody who might be able to become a contact person / friend for my student, I would be very appreciative and the student is offering $1,000 cash.

Hi NowhereMan99 :), I'm also a 23 year old guy living in Toronto. How about telling us about your most favourite daydream? That would be something fun to start with.

Latest posts

Back