Anyone like being alone?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

esper

Reaction score
I do. I find it near impossible to make friends, I only speak to people regularly on the internet, so people I dont really know. I hope I wont be alone my whole life, but i like being by myself.....

I enjoy being alone. I do not enjoy being lonely, though, which happens every now and then. That is the probably one of the bigger problems with my deliberate choice to be alone so much.

Sometimes. I'm so pulled and stretched between everything and everyone. It's nice to have a bit of downtime to myself.

I do kinda enjoy being alone, I like doing things alone too. But there is a big difference between being alone because you are lonely and being alone because you want to alone.

well, everywhere i have lived since i moved out at 17 i have had to deal with someone or some people where i lived and i havent ever had that much privacy in my living situation. i like my alone time in my room. at the same time i wish i had that someone to share that time with. having never experienced love is really starting to get to me. it will be weird when/if it happens since im so used to having so much alone time that i have come to like.

After giving it some thought... I do like being alone.

It's nice not to have to worry about someone knocking at your door.

It's nice not having to worry about answering the phone because you're too stoned or too buzzed, or just don't feel like talking.

It's nice not having to worry about neighbors, or having them know one single thing about you.

I have neighbors and someone that lives in the same house as me, but if I died tomorrow nobody would know for at least a month, perhaps longer.

Sometimes I feel good about the "fact" that I chose a life of loneliness, but most of the time I feel terrified that loneliness actually chose me.

I go back and forth.

But yeah, being alone has it's perks.

Although I would trade my loneliness in a second for someone who truely enjoyed my company.

I like to be alone sometimes.

I find it necessary sometimes to just escape; to get out into nature for a few days by myself and think about things and sort through my thoughts. There's a certain purity about being on your own and living by your own strengths and cunning... building a fire from scratch, hunting to get your food for the day, creating your own shelter in the wild, things like that.

I guess it's my way of strengthening my self-reliance and independence from the world and society as a whole.

Sometimes it's important to be an individual rather than a part of the collective.

I'm not sure. Sometimes I just think I'm afraid of not being alone. It's not that i like it.

being alone is a massive pile of honeysuckle!!!!! I'm getting out as much as I can and meeting as many people as possible..

esper said:
I do. I find it near impossible to make friends, I only speak to people regularly on the internet, so people I dont really know. I hope I wont be alone my whole life, but i like being by myself.....

I like being on my own most of the time, but that is a choice thing. Being lonely is not a choice. That may sound like a paradox.

Sometimes I love being alone. It's nice to have the place to myself, a pile of books, a cuppa and a comfy couch.

Being lonely however, sucks dick for cheap beer money, in my personal opinion.

I guess it's when I WANT to be alone, I'm fine with it.

I'm a natural introvert, and there is nothing wrong with appreciating solitude.

It took me a long time to realise that.

lol BJD.. i'll take those handy wilderness skills when i get stranded in the Austrian mountains ;]

i like being alone, yeah. i have a pretty well developed skill of entertaining myself so i'm rarely bored.

there is also something to be said for 'losing' yourself in 'the collective'.. the hive mind.. hehe.. it's also tiring sometimes when horseshit flies at you unexpectadly and you have to be diplomatic and 'careful'.. so many different people...

i find that it is a blessing if you have someone.. anyone.. that is accepting of the entirety of whatever kind of twisted little crawler you may be..

i figure to enjoy whatever 'phase' you are experiencing as best as you can..

"the future is stupid"... mmm i use to like that line..

remember when the 'the point' dissipated into the mist of daydream...

ok.. ramble gene just kicked in..

Well being alone is not inherently an unpleasant experience whatsoever.
I categorize loneliness as either being a state of "solitude" or "isolation."
Solitude is great when you feel like being alone obviously. Isolation generally occurs because of circumstances beyond your control and thus is a negative experience that leads to feeling 'lonely.'

It's a good thing if you can learn to enjoy being alone otherwise you become too dependent on other people. In other words, you end up requiring the company of others to feel entertained or comfortable if you cannot enjoy the positive aspect of "solitude."

I enjoy solitude,...I hate isolation.

alone yes I enjoy it most of the time:)

lonely no! is a sad feeling:(

I actually do, I think mine is a selfish thing, every once in a while I cut myself off from others and it's really comforting to do so, no disappointment, there's no down since there's no up.

I always have the desire to maintain a better relationship when such thing isn't possible for me, I always wanted to be loved more, it's not very unconditional, and I hate that, that problem is non existing if I'm alone.

Latest posts

Back