Anyone like being alone?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I like being alone, or maybe with one person. But there's no one I want to spend any time with these days so I just do stuff by myself.
I'm a loner, and loving it.

I do like being alone to a certain extent. Sometimes it can be good. But I'm at the point in the summer now where I want college to start back up again. It's not like I go out and party or have a ton of friends, but at least then I'm around people. And inevitably I will break out of my shell and get to know some of my classmates. Not too long ago I even ran into someone I had a class with, who wanted be to adjust my schedule so we could still be together. It will be really tough to do, and perhaps this sounds odd, but it was just nice to feel wanted.

huggybear said:
i cant see how anyone could like being alone

its more like i like my alone time. i honestly get easily irratated by ignorance and stupid people. it sounds weird to say this but i wish i had someone to spend my alone time with. i dont know, im weird.

edgecrusher said:
huggybear said:
i cant see how anyone could like being alone

its more like i like my alone time. i honestly get easily irratated by ignorance and stupid people. it sounds weird to say this but i wish i had someone to spend my alone time with. i dont know, im weird.

Arent we all?
l'd like someone to spend my alone time with also.

I'm never really alone, ive got a large circle of mates as well as a couple of very close lads, but despite this, i still feel completely alone, like i'm standing perfectly still as the world moves around me, I don't tend to feel angry or even upset, just sort of empty, as if im naught, like im not actually there

Being alone is a time for me to be who i am. I can live my life my way and there is none to raise questions to you about it. Since i have moved out of my parent's house i have always lived my life my way and most of my time i have lived a silent life and i love it.I do have friends but i don't be with them so often. My co-workers also say that i do not talk much it's because i don't talk with them that's out of my work. So living alone is kind of a time with oneself. This is what i think.
So i like being alone...

I used too, now I hate it I'm so desperate for a friend. But it so hard to get one.

Most people around here are all the same :(

sometimes i like to be alone, but not in the long run. cuz of my parents, i'm usually stuck in my room, all alone.
they're very over-protective, i can't hang out with my boyfriend and friends as much as i would like to.
so no, i don't really like being alone. i feel like it drains me...it's very exhausting -A-;;

Sometimes, but other times I wish I had someone to talk to. I hate being lonely.

I think for a long time I did.

But the past few days, I've been actually FEELING lonely.

I've been alone for awhile, but I'm only recently feeling lonely, I guess.

sadface said:
I think for a long time I did.

But the past few days, I've been actually FEELING lonely.

I've been alone for awhile, but I'm only recently feeling lonely, I guess.

Yep, same here. I used to spend basically all my time alone and never did i feel lonely, but recently, i have been actually feeling very Lonely. Literally nearly all my friends have girlfriends now too so they spend alot more time doing things with them... Lonelyness just hit me right in the face the other day and its left a big mark. Sigh

I prefer being alone. Over the past 4 years I've become a bigtime loner. I have no friends in real life. I do talk to my parents, brother and a cousin from time to time....for now anyway. The extent of my conversations at work amount to little more than "hi" and "bye." I'm more or less an antisocial misanthrope. However, I don't think anybody can be completely alone 24/7 every day. This is why I like the internet. I can socialize to an extent but it's always at a distance. I can come and go as I please without getting too attatched. When I get bored, annoyed or tired of a certain place I simply move on. That's harder to do in real life.

I like to have a lot of time to myself, but I also like spending time with others. It depends on how I feel. Usually if I'm in a negative mood, I don't talk... I do like it if someone's there to listen even if I don't say anything though. Being alone and around people are equally important to me, I guess. :)

I like it at times, but I also need social interaction(face-to-face) in my life to feel happy.

I enjoy a nice balance of the 2.

I definitely know how to keep myself entertained, and can honestly say that I am never bored when i am alone. I love to read, play guitar and write in my alone time. Also, i find that the things that I do in my alone time give me more to talk about when I am with people. (Discussing books, movies,etc)

Nope, i dislike it immensely.

When was a little girl i used hate it so much that i hated even going to the loo because i'd be on my own, would sometimes grab my brother god rest & stand him in the corner facing the door so i'd have someone to chat too while did me business. (Am talking when i was 5ish)

Hate being alone, isolation, too much time spent in my skull fluffing around overthinking and moping.
I'd actually go as far as paying someone a salary to live in my house & just be around when i'm eating tea so have conversation & general noise. I hate the quiet & emptiness of loneliness.

Do find ways of 'tricking the brain' though. I leave TV sets on in other rooms & lights on & doors open etc
Can pretend that way someones coming back for me & sounds absurd in writing but hey helps me ^^

If was humanly possible i'd not spend another nanosecond of my life on my own. *sigh* gonna go find me cat, he knows what to do :D.. :(

I wish I had a friend so much! Someone who I can hang out with and chat. Asperger's is the worst thing in the world, for me anyway, Please, let there be a cure!!!

Emmy, that sounds quite chronic, what is it about being alone that you don't like?

Latest posts

Back