Anyone like being alone?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Emmy said:
Nope, i dislike it immensely.

When was a little girl i used hate it so much that i hated even going to the loo because i'd be on my own, would sometimes grab my brother god rest & stand him in the corner facing the door so i'd have someone to chat too while did me business. (Am talking when i was 5ish)

Hate being alone, isolation, too much time spent in my skull fluffing around overthinking and moping.
I'd actually go as far as paying someone a salary to live in my house & just be around when i'm eating tea so have conversation & general noise. I hate the quiet & emptiness of loneliness.

Do find ways of 'tricking the brain' though. I leave TV sets on in other rooms & lights on & doors open etc
Can pretend that way someones coming back for me & sounds absurd in writing but hey helps me ^^

If was humanly possible i'd not spend another nanosecond of my life on my own. *sigh* gonna go find me cat, he knows what to do :D.. :(

I'd like to be with so you won't be alone. Don\t take that the wrong way and I don't mean to be creepy. I hate being alone too, spent most of my lofe being lonely and have no one to talk to and never had any friends.

Lanlan said:
Emmy, that sounds quite chronic, what is it about being alone that you don't like?

Need noise & sounds, you know when somethings up when you hear a full blown conversation between 2 people from across the street & you only have the window half open and are nowhere near it.
Don't have a job currently either so most amount of noise if i didn't do what i do to create the trick effect would be clocks ticking & neighbours, kinda stupid to do that so i just leave TV's on ^^

Product of abandonment, isolation hand-in-hand with expectancy, build yourself up because 'surely somethings going to happen, it's too quiet..'
& then when nothing happens its all the more depressive. I think its just human nature to need someone else, when you sit there for hours on end waiting for something even the postman dropping letters makes you giddy.

Wouldn't mind a dog because they need walking, get me out the house, but ironically i'm terrified of dogs.. God ain't without a sense a humour it seems :D

[/quote]
I'd like to be with so you won't be alone. Don\t take that the wrong way and I don't mean to be creepy. I hate being alone too, spent most of my lofe being lonely and have no one to talk to and never had any friends.
[/quote]

I don't take that the wrong way Soul =)
Wasn't creepy ^^

It's hard being alone, we could all use someone else for company if anything else, just presence alone, empty houses are unhappy houses.

'Wouldn't mind a dog because they need walking, get me out the house, but ironically i'm terrified of dogs.. God ain't without a sense a humour it seems'

Yes his sense of humour does seem a bit wry at times!

I can't think what would be a good answer, joining a choir or lots of evening art/craft things or evening courses? Maybe that would be a good place to find like-minded people who are just a bit lonely

Lanlan said:
I can't think what would be a good answer, joining a choir or lots of evening art/craft things or evening courses? Maybe that would be a good place to find like-minded people who are just a bit lonely

That's a good suggestion, i did it in the past & short term was a decent confidence builder, went onto cookery courses but found it a bit overwhelming, bit competitive if anything. Put me off, but yeah i will go to others or least search around.

Have few interests but isn't about that, would watch paint dry if someone would do it with me, lol
I'll have a look :)

It's not easy as you want places to just have companionship rather than rivalry but there must be so many people like you who just want fun hobbies to keep you busy and meet people that there must be good places for you to join I'm sure.

Emmy said:
Need noise & sounds, you know when somethings up when you hear a full blown conversation between 2 people from across the street & you only have the window half open and are nowhere near it.
Don't have a job currently either so most amount of noise if i didn't do what i do to create the trick effect would be clocks ticking & neighbours, kinda stupid to do that so i just leave TV's on ^^

Product of abandonment, isolation hand-in-hand with expectancy, build yourself up because 'surely somethings going to happen, it's too quiet..'
& then when nothing happens its all the more depressive. I think its just human nature to need someone else, when you sit there for hours on end waiting for something even the postman dropping letters makes you giddy.

Yep i know what you mean. Humans generally need company... if your a lonely person who is shy and socialy anxious but feels the need to have someone close then it makes it worse if you have no one around. I have all sorts of hobbies, enjoy researching things, watching movies etc but "the lonliness" always kicks in eventually.

I would love to have someone to hold.

Latest posts

Back