Anyone suffered bullying before?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
K

kaviii

Hey there,

I wonder if bullying is a also one of the causes of loneliness, like if we experience bullying in our childhood we would always associate interacting people with pain and misery which makes us making a brick wall against the outside world.

I have been bullied before for about 5 years in a public school, i then moved to a private schoo and found people there to be more mature. Also my family used to tease and get me angry when i was little and would laugh when i get angry. It stopped since i was 4 but i can always remember the incident.

So the question is: Has anyone been bullying at any point of their lifes?

kaviii said:
Hey there,

I wonder if bullying is a also one of the causes of loneliness, like if we experience bullying in our childhood we would always associate interacting people with pain and misery which makes us making a brick wall against the outside world.

I have been bullied before for about 5 years in a public school, i then moved to a private schoo and found people there to be more mature. Also my family used to tease and get me angry when i was little and would laugh when i get angry. It stopped since i was 4 but i can always remember the incident.

So the question is: Has anyone been bullying at any point of their lifes?

Yes I was bullied a lot when I was younger. More emotional than physical but it still hurts inside. I since became timid and afraid of people. Afraid people would just see me as a target to take out their aggressions on. I've always had trouble standing up for myself.

yes, bullying/racism. my school is rated the tenth racist high school in the US and people pick on me because Im foreign

I was bullied by mom, dad, and my older sister. At times it seemed like I was there sole purpose of them venting their frustrations on me. I definitely know that the bullying affected my self-esteem which in turn affected my social interaction with people. I could be shy at times, or get on the defense if I feel threatened. Its tough but I'm learning to work through this.

Frecconia said:
I was bullied by mom, dad, and my older sister. At times it seemed like I was there sole purpose of them venting their frustrations on me. I definitely know that the bullying affected my self-esteem which in turn affected my social interaction with people. I could be shy at times, or get on the defense if I feel threatened. Its tough but I'm learning to work through this.

I'm sorry to hear that Frecconia

Yes, i felt exactly how you felt after my family picked on me. It turned me into an insecure freak, i feel like such a failure sometimes...:(

yep im at uni and iv been bullied and iv never been bullied in my life and noone seems to care oh well

I don't like to admit but i was bullied. Public middle school...

First year was good, I was 9 maybe 10, and nothing wrong. Next year was when it began. Continued but i plucked up courage to tell a tutor and it ended. Year after were brief encounters, but not lasting mere days.
Final year was like the previous, ended towards leaving. I left the school with relief it was over no more trouble.
I never retaliated, I feel I should have, but if i was i would get in trouble as it was strict, no matter what the situation was, its was like blackmail.
This might not have anything to do with loneliness but still like to comment, since i never did anything back, anger has stored up, if i was ever hit again i would nearly swing a hit at the person. Once i nearly threw my fist towards someones head to slam the on a radiator, if i hadn't stopped myself it could have been a much worse moment. Its been tough to keep it in. The bully once in a while mocked me even after i left, but most recent time's hasn't, as its now 5 months since i last saw them.
Upper school was actually okay. Now im older, i'll often respond to anything aimed at me, maybe as i got fed up.

Bullying though, could lead people into false belief that if they stand out they could be picked on, shading into the background might help them avoid it, but going into the background can lead to loneliness, possibly fear in some. Of course bullies may tend to pick on the ones who are more hidden and alone, but it can vary greatly who and why some people are targeted.
Well im starting ramble, and probaly just posted some senseless stuff so i'll stop here;)

I was bullied untill about grade 10. I was also bullied/laughed at by my parents. I wonder if it has anything to do with my social isolation.

hmm

I too was bullied untill about 9th grade (not sure if this translates directly into your 9th - I'm from Denmark) at which point it kinda stopped when I beat up a guy from the 10th grade :)

Unfortunately I've also been bullied again later on :(

Well, thanks, all, for SHARING! Why my sarcasm? Because I am so **** frustrated at ever even trying to move the discussion beyond the mere exchange of consensual validation or even the accumulation of insight alone, into any sort of action agenda.

Latest posts

Back