Are friends still friends....

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Isla said:
i feel the same. i find that girls my age all have kids and husbands. they dont make time for the friendships because they dont need them anymore. i dont expect to be the center of my friends lifes but it hurts when people just give up on you. its not convenient too. i get sick of the i'm too busy excuse. if they wanted to be your friend, they would find a way, i dont want to be rude, but this is how i feel because it happens to me. i dont think its anything i am doing wrong because i know i am a good friend.

totally get that:)

Even people who are in serious relationships, I can hang out with once in a month or so. It's happened many times. I do understand and respect that I'm not so central to their lives though. Even I barely feel like getting out there after getting a job.. I can't imagine how I would get out with a job, wife, and kids.

Isla said:
i feel the same. i find that girls my age all have kids and husbands. they dont make time for the friendships because they dont need them anymore. i dont expect to be the center of my friends lifes but it hurts when people just give up on you. its not convenient too. i get sick of the i'm too busy excuse. if they wanted to be your friend, they would find a way, i dont want to be rude, but this is how i feel because it happens to me. i dont think its anything i am doing wrong because i know i am a good friend.

- DITTO ON WHAT ISLA SAID.

Bill - I'm sorry you r going through this. I've been going through that very thing for the past couple of yrs and while it hurts, I had to come to the conclusion that some are gonna stay in your life, and some...for whatever reason, just won't. Yes, it'll make you mad, confused & upset, but you have to just say a little prayer, take a breath and just go on. I feel I can honestly say that bc I have finally moved on. I had a situation like yours recently happen to me and it was a total curve ball. This was/is someone i've been friends with for almost 10 yrs. All of a sudden within the past two yrs, she just started drifting away. Someone told me a long time ago that people tend to have friends that are in the same "stage of life." I thought that was crazy bc if you are a friend, you are a friend..no matter what's going on. Well, my eyes were opened and I found out that some just don't think like that. They DO tend to bond more w/people who are like them(married, single, have little kids, older kids, etc).

I hope you can work things out. Just know that you're not alone.

Latest posts

Back