Are sex and relationships something that needs to be sought ?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Zorg

Reaction score
Rather self-explanatory thread. If one ever wishes to have sex or have a relationship must they seek one? Is it possible that a relationship or sexual experience presents itself to you if you were not looking for one?

Yes, as in ...she just landed on my lap or women asked me out.

also yes, as in..I've also had to ask girls out.

If you want sex, you probably have to look for it. On the other hand, relationship is something that should happen naturally. If you have chemistry with someone then you have chemistry with someone, and if you don't then you don't. Just as some people are meant to be friends and others aren't, you shouldn't force yourself to be with someone because you feel the need to be in a relationship.

That's not to say that relationship is something you shouldn't work on since many of us have a tendency to want "the easy way out" which I don't at all support (I'm a masochist - hear me roar), but I find all this conscious effort to look for a girlfriend, a boyfriend, a significant other, the one, etc. etc. unnecessary and somewhat sad.

wannabeXL said:
If you want sex, you probably have to look for it. On the other hand, relationship is something that should happen naturally. If you have chemistry with someone then you have chemistry with someone, and if you don't then you don't. Just as some people are meant to be friends and others aren't, you shouldn't force yourself to be with someone because you feel the need to be in a relationship.

That's not to say that relationship is something you shouldn't work on since many of us have a tendency to want "the easy way out" which I don't at all support (I'm a masochist - hear me roar), but I find all this conscious effort to look for a girlfriend, a boyfriend, a significant other, the one, etc. etc. unnecessary and somewhat sad.

Well...ya see

Here's the thing...when titays and ass lands on my face...I don't feel as if it's forced upon me for some freaken strange reason.

On the flip side
For some reason i don't think it's a good idea if I should go around rubbing my bonner against women I think is totally hot.

Zorg said:
Is it possible that a relationship or sexual experience presents itself to you if you were not looking for one?

Sure it is possible if you aren't to isolated from people.

Folk are busy these days. I don't think it should be necessary to make too much of an effort, though online dating seems to be a booming industry. It is probably necessary to make time in your life to spend with people you have something in common with. I will say I think many people go through a couple of forced, desperate relationships before they know what they're looking for. I did.

Latest posts

Back