Are teens supposed to feel like this?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

greatman05

Reaction score
So, I've been feeling conflicted on this lately...I keep having these terrible mood swings (at least, that's how they feel to me). I could be having a really great day, high mood and everything, then one thing causes my mood to slowly tank until I can't think of anything but despair, loneliness, and sometimes suicide (no, I'm not suicidal). Sometimes, I feel like I'm in a "hyperactive mania" of sorts, and then it goes back down to that mood I described earlier. Is this just hormones, or should I try to see a professional about this? I personally don't feel like this is normal, but then again, I don't really know how other people's moods change, so I wouldn't know.

I wouldn't say its %100 normal, but its not out of the ordinary. See a school counselor about it see what they have to say.

Moods tend to be exagerated in teenagers. So it could be normal. But this also means it is harder to tell when you have a problem. So I think seek proper advice from some such as a school counselor as suggested above. It may just been the usual teenage problems but some of those things seem to be a bit more than that to me.

Pretty darn normal, I'd say. I was the same way and still am. Part of that is just life.

One day you're flying high and everything's going right. Feels good, man.

The next? You start the day by stubbing your toe, nothing seems very spectacular, and oh, look, you're STILL unemployed. If that ain't just peachy.

ya really one thing could change a good day to a bad day,

that was pretty common for me, but just to be sure it probably wouldn't hurt to see a psychaitrist just in case

you feel what you feel...you can't argue with your feelings.
Your feelings arn't suppose to be oneway or the other.

You're not your feelings. You have feelings. Just feel them and let go of them.
You don't always have to react to your feelings...

There's nothing wrong with you. The more you process and feel your emotions, the more emotionally mature
you'll get.

Latest posts

Back