are these really bad ideas ?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Triple Bogey

Reaction score
Sending a lady a bunch of flowers ?
Sending a lady a letter ?
Ringing her up

When she hasn't openly giving you her address or telephone number ?

Um yeah... terrible ideas. If she hasn't given you her details you shouldn't be doing anything like that.

I think women would be a bit spooked, some may also see it as stalker like behaviour!

What everyone else says. Romantic may sound good, but some may be spooked by it.

Possibly, just possibly, flowers to her place of work.( never home address).

"I was never going to, just wondered. I probably watch too many films !"

Yes Bogey, you need to stop watching such films as Fatal Attraction, One Hour Photo, Play Misty For Me, and Wonderwall. Just kidding! :D We know you mean well.

Stalker-ish behavior only works in romantic novels and films. I know I'd be hella creeped out if someone called my number if I didn't gave it to them, which implies that I don't want this person calling me.

Unless you are getting some sort of signals from her which suggest she is attracted to you, I would leave it. (I am no good at reading or seeing such signals by the way, so don't ask me what they would look like!!) Do you have any mutual contacts who you could ask about whether the lady is likely to be interested in you?

Tiina63 said:
Unless you are getting some sort of signals from her which suggest she is attracted to you, I would leave it. (I am no good at reading or seeing such signals by the way, so don't ask me what they would look like!!) Do you have any mutual contacts who you could ask about whether the lady is likely to be interested in you?

I don't get any signals at all !
Never have and probably never will.

Now and again I bullshit myself thinking a woman may be interested.

beautiful loser said:
"I was never going to, just wondered. I probably watch too many films !"

Yes Bogey, you need to stop watching such films as Fatal Attraction, One Hour Photo, Play Misty For Me, and Wonderwall. Just kidding! :D We know you mean well.

I never cross the line, I don't think I have ever done that.

If I waited for signals from interested women then I will be 100 before anything happens.
I figured that out years ago. If a woman catches my eye then given the right circumstances
I ask them out. I don't see the problem with that. Surely I have the right to at least try ?

Before any of those ideas ever come into play, you have to get to know the person before hand and get something going between you two. Otherwise it can cause some ill feelings.

they probably are very bad ideas
I would never consider doing any of them
However I am a average, normal bloke
and I have the same feelings as everybody else.
The feeling of been loved by somebody nice

Triple Bogey said:

I hope you find that person.
Good luck on your journey.

VeganAtheist said:
Triple Bogey said:

I hope you find that person.
Good luck on your journey.

I share the same sentiments as VeganAtheist (great name btw), I hope you find that person.

Triple Bogey said:
Ringing her up

I think it is great. My love ( died of cancer) won my heart that way. He wanted to go out with me. I think friends would best is what I told him.When he had free time he liked to go out on his motorcycle ( a small sportster) . He used to go out on the bike. He would drive by and leave small gifts on my porch. It was supposed to be a drive by gifting as he called it. I can hear your bike and it is not anonymous as you claim. He said he he just couldn't help it. He thought of me when he was on the bike out being free so he would stop get a gift and leave it for me. Yes, of course he wanted me to know.
I finally did consent. Later he bought a bike for us. A full dresser, a Harley. I had so much fun I never considered a guy on motorcycle. I didn't consider not talking to guy just because he is on a bike. My "stalker" took me to a world of smart educated people who belonged to a motorcycle club. I still get a feeling when I hear motorcycles going up the road where I live. I still laugh at the funny little gifts deposited on my porch.
A small gift or surprise would get my vote.

MrPaul said:
Before any of those ideas ever come into play, you have to get to know the person before hand and get something going between you two. Otherwise it can cause some ill feelings.

^ I agree.

Triple Bogey said:
If I waited for signals from interested women then I will be 100 before anything happens.
I figured that out years ago. If a woman catches my eye then given the right circumstances
I ask them out. I don't see the problem with that. Surely I have the right to at least try ?

There is no problem with asking someone out. Go for it! I think the main point here is that it's a bad idea to send things to someone's address before they've given it to you. It could make them nervous or feel like an invasion of privacy. You can still ask her out, right now if you want to, just do it another way.

I would give this woman a card with your number on it next time you see her. At the least, that is not stalkerish. And it's been suggested multiple times here, in this very forum, by people besides me. I think you could do this.

If it still seems too audacious for you, then just do what most guys would do and ask if she would like to grab a coffee sometime.

You don't need to have "very positive" signals from a woman to simply ask her out, in other words.

Rosewood said:
Triple Bogey said:
Ringing her up

I think it is great. My love ( died of cancer) won my heart that way. He wanted to go out with me. I think friends would best is what I told him.When he had free time he liked to go out on his motorcycle ( a small sportster) . He used to go out on the bike. He would drive by and leave small gifts on my porch. It was supposed to be a drive by gifting as he called it. I can hear your bike and it is not anonymous as you claim. He said he he just couldn't help it. He thought of me when he was on the bike out being free so he would stop get a gift and leave it for me. Yes, of course he wanted me to know.
I finally did consent. Later he bought a bike for us. A full dresser, a Harley. I had so much fun I never considered a guy on motorcycle. I didn't consider not talking to guy just because he is on a bike. My "stalker" took me to a world of smart educated people who belonged to a motorcycle club. I still get a feeling when I hear motorcycles going up the road where I live. I still laugh at the funny little gifts deposited on my porch.
A small gift or surprise would get my vote.

that's a nice story :)

Latest posts

Back