Are you a social misfit?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

isthatso

Trannie
Reaction score
Do you struggle to connect?
Don't feel part of the group?
Others can annoy you easily?
Feel people are trying to dominate you from the outset?
Often feel on a totally different wavelength to others?

Well I have the answer.
It's called:
EXTRAVERTO!
EXTRAVERTO is a specially brewed formula made from .........

No actually I don't have the answer. But I often feel that this world was made for people with totally different perspectives to mine.

Do you struggle to connect? Yes
Don't feel part of the group? Yes
Others can annoy you easily? Yes
Feel people are trying to dominate you from the outset? Yes
Often feel on a totally different wavelength to others? Yes

Yes, Yes, Yes...

isthatso said:

That is actually how I feel everywhere. -.-

i tried all these years trying to explain to others how i feel and that i am not just like someone else.. but they think its just a passage of time and i will be alright.. well there is nothing wrong with me to be alright.. i am alright as i am.. i gave up.. i stopped explaining others.. seriously, now i don't care about this world.. and the people here.. i love myself to be alone so be it.. people who are good to me i am good to them.. i care for only one who is interested in me as i am.. :)

I think you are a strong individual, and here's why.

Society wants people to behave a certain way, and have their ways of imprinting this on others. You behave as you should, or you're weird/mentally ill/strange etc. etc.

You, and for as far as i've seen pretty much anyone else here, have the courage to be themselves, in the sense that they refuse to bend to the will of society.

What i simply want to say is that you have every right to be proud of yourself! I know from my own experience too that it can be very hard and frustrating to try to connect with others. But know that having and building on your own personality is a very good thing. And there are enough people who do understand you, and who do accept you for who you are. The people on here for example. Be proud of yourself, even if it's just because i am proud of you! :)

I'm a mixture of both. Of everything. Empathy has taught me to be considerate yet also too cautious, and withdrawn, for fear of being overbearing. I do have friends. When I see them, I can often talk for hours. Doesn't stop me from going home at the end of the night and being upset at how difficult I found it, though. One of those types. Lonely in a group. Some people can see it. Others don't. It's not always a bad thing. Can make the relations I do have with people a lot more meaningful... Yet sometimes intense.

You, and for as far as i've seen pretty much anyone else here, have the courage to be themselves, in the sense that they refuse to bend to the will of society.

Thanks. I hope you're right though. Or am I just not trying hard enough to fit in?

I do have friends. When I see them, I can often talk for hours. Doesn't stop me from going home at the end of the night and being upset at how difficult I found it, though.

I can relate to this feeling of exhaustion and sometimes bitterness at what I "should've said and How meekly I said it"

Id mostly fit that criteria but alas, i dont have much opportunity in the real world to connect any way

Yes to all questions for me as well.

I have to agree with Rosebolt in the way that you should be proud for just being yourself and staying that way despite the world wanting you to be different. Unfortunately this doesn't really result into friends, rather the opposite, most people just don't want to deal with "different wavelenghts".

isthatso said:

Very much so.

Never.

Yes.

Yes.

Yes.

Well I have the answer.
It's called:
EXTRAVERTO!
EXTRAVERTO is a specially brewed formula made from .........

No actually I don't have the answer. But I often feel that this world was made for people with totally different perspectives to mine.

I'm a misanthrope and hate all persons regardless of race, class, nationality, religion or gender. I've felt like an alien for most of my adult life. I don't like people because they are generally false, selfish and egotistical.

Solitary man said:
I'm a misanthrope and hate all persons regardless of race, class, nationality, religion or gender. I've felt like an alien for most of my adult life. I don't like people because they are generally false, selfish and egotistical.

How does it work for you to be on this forum, then? I guess the keyword what you said is that people are generally false, selfish, and egotistical. But i'm interested in how you look at this.

Rosebolt said:
Solitary man said:

How does it work for you to be on this forum, then? I guess the keyword what you said is that people are generally false, selfish, and egotistical. But i'm interested in how you look at this.

I'm not here to be interrogated by you or anyone else.

Hope that satisfies your genuine curiosity.

I know what you mean. People are generally disappointing. My conclusion is...if you don't have high expectations of anyone, you won't be surprised.

painter said:
In other words you are an ******* and blame it on everyone else.

hth

<3

Sounds like me.:)

EveWasFramed said:
Hey now. Keep the insults off the thread. Also, no name-calling.
This includes use of the word "*******."

I agree that ******* should not be used on this thread.
If any word annoys me, it's *******.
As a choice of word, ******* is in very bad taste.

TropicalStarfish said:
I am... GIGANTOR!!!!

Who is Gigantor?

Latest posts

Back