Arrested for Hope

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

soulsearchar

Reaction score
This seemed about as miscellaneous as they come. I got charged by the police today and you know what? That was a good thing.

There's a long story to all of this. I had a serious substance abuse problem across all the colours of the rainbow in terms of which substance I would abuse. Eventually after hitting it that hard for 4 years I totalled my parents car and another parked vehicle drunk at 1am. That was about 3 weeks ago.

Today I got served with a court appearance notice and discovered I'm being charged with High End Drink Driving which is a serious offence BUT the hope comes from the fact that they threw me a second chance. I don't trust police. I got arrested when I was 16 and since then I have had no faith in the justice system and those that work for it. That changed tonight.

They chose to only test my blood for alcohol despite the fact at the time I had admitted that probably wasn't all that was there, they aren't (at this stage) charging me with Dangerous Driving and the arresting officer for the night even asked how I was healing up.

Views. Changed. Feeling way more positive then I have in a long time, even before any of this came about. Anyway, does anyone else have a tale to share about enormous opinion changes? Or huge turning points in your life? I've been clean since all this happened too, the first time in 4 years.

:cool:

That's nice that the police care about your state of being. :) Guess they are humans too. You could have killed someone though. :( I don't think you realize how serious your offence could have been had you hit someone. I mean, if you choose to have substances in your body, it's your body, but why should someone else have to suffer the consequences for what you put into yourself? It's not fair to them.

Now, you didn't hurt anyone, and are sober. Congrats on the sobriety. *hug* I hope you choose to stay sober.

Oh don't worry I appreciate the severity of how bad this could have been. I think about how bad it could have been if anyone else was there. Every day I do. Until today I was 90% sure I was going to jail because had they charged me with everything they could have I would've been so between wishing I hadn't been wearing a seatbelt and imagining where I would go to neck myself if I had hit someone I've given it a wealth of thought. It could have been very different but it wasn't. For that I'm very lucky.

Heyy soulsearchar
I'm glad to hear the news
hope you're doing well there

don't give up!!
and do stay clean for your own good :D

Thanks FakeBl0cks and Sophia. Sorry If my reply sounded a bit cunty. I appreciate the support. Other than not really sleeping I'm doing well.
:)

Nice one,
I got pulled a couple of years ago because of a faulty rear light,had had a couple of drinks (woman problems) but the officer had run out of breathalyser kits and had to let me go.
My toes still curl up now when I think about what could have been.So like me you got lucky and fate gave you a second chance,don't blow it!
PS I still drink but got rid of the car!

I agree Jilted John, we were both lucky. I have been thinking of moving North after all this is over, starting again and yes, without a car :p

Latest posts

Back