Assistance Appreciated

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I’ve never posted anything on the Internet before, but after being depressed for over three months I’ve finally gotten to a point where I need to talk to someone who will listen, so I guess this is the best place to introduce myself and what led me here:

I am a 37 year old male who has no friends. I haven’t had anyone I can truly call a best friend for almost half of my life. I just don’t understand what is wrong with me. I’m personable and those around me think highly of me, but all of them have their own life to live that doesn’t include me.

My life consists of going to work as a teacher, going home and going to bed hoping not to wake up in the morning, only to have my first thought in the morning be, “****! I have to face another day.” I tend to spend a lot of time at work because it is my only opportunity to interact with others. Loneliness consumes me when I get home to an empty and quiet house.

I live in the same isolated, very small town I grew up in. The nearest stoplight, movie theater, or fast food is 60 miles away, which limits the opportunity to meet new people outside work. I probably care too much what others think of me and a small town makes it even harder to find someone who cares about me without rumors being spread that degrade my image. I can’t stand bars because of the smoke and loud music. I don’t really know of anything I enjoy doing, and no one to enjoy it with.

I believe highly in the golden rule, and can’t think of anyone who dislikes me. I am shy when talking to new people, but I can be fun if given the chance to get to know me.

Since I haven’t had a friend in so long, you can probably guess I have no love life. I haven’t kissed a woman in over 15 years, which was the last time I had a girlfriend. In fact I’m still a virgin. I truly long for the touch of another human to hold.

The one person I recently tried to confide in tried to convince me that I have lots of friends, but I only see those people in my life as acquaintances and co-workers. Isn’t a friend someone who enjoys being around you and do things with you? Someone you can talk to? I don’t have anyone like that. I was hoping this one person could give me answers and guide me in the right direction, but I just didn’t get any help from her. She is just yet another acquaintance who doesn’t have time for me.

I would like to find at least one person I can call a true best friend and ultimately find a woman who loves me for the caring, giving individual I am and I was hoping someone here could assist in guiding me in a direction that would make me happier.

Hello, SmallTownLonely, welcome to the forum :)

It's a great thing that you got your way here, I mean there are many here who are friendly and I bet are also willing to be friends with you.

You said you teach? What do you teach?

And I can understand what you mean by having friends but then they don't seem to be like a real friend to you. I guess everyone gets that lol. But hey, I hope you'll find someone to be able to be really great friends with and hope that you feel much better soon.

Hi there SmallTownLonely!:)
I hope you will like it here! Like you I started recently to post things on the internet just to try to find someone to talk to and try to get off this depressed state of mind that I am for the last two months! I always was lonely and I guess I always deal with it but recent events in my life made me so depressed that I spend my day just wishing for it to end!
You will find that people here are very friendly and you can get a good laugh with some of the posts!
So, enjoy!

Hi there SmallTownLonely Fist welcome to the sight :)

Your post really spoke to me. I agree and can relate with a lot you have Wright.

I to agree that a home is only a place to live and not really a home with out love in. I like my home and its nice and comfy and Ive all the things here I wont. Its not a big place but its in a nice enough villig and I feel save here. But it well never be what I call a home as long as there is just me here. There needs to be love here when I walk in not just the TV in the background making noses that am not really taking any interest in.

I can remember the fist time I posted on a forum. I was very drunk and it took a lot of guts. I ask my self why that was now and have no clue. I Guss I was still getting use to the hole net thing so it was still a bit scary for me. You have nothing to worry about and there is no way any one here well ever know where your from are anything about you in less you tell them. And If any one could find out it would be me as am a moderator of this sight and still do not have any personal information about you. No one here dose. That would be wrong if we did :)

I hear you in that a lot here I would Say me included just wont to be able to touch another human, preferably the operst sex for me :D lol But its not even about the sex. Its just the little things like a kiss and a hug.

I hope you come back here and post some moor. You well fined a lot here that's in the same vote as yourself.

You should remember tho that if you post and do not get many replies that's not because ppl are not reading it. Its just that a lot of the time ppl read but do not know what to say in reply even tho they may agree and simpervise and think that's me. Just like on any forum on the net some get a lot of replays for no apart reason and some things that you would of thought deserving of a reply get non. It dose not mean ppl don't like you if you don't get a lot of reapplies :) ppl are a confusing race in deed.

mink said:
Hello, SmallTownLonely, welcome to the forum :)

It's a great thing that you got your way here, I mean there are many here who are friendly and I bet are also willing to be friends with you.

You said you teach? What do you teach?

And I can understand what you mean by having friends but then they don't seem to be like a real friend to you. I guess everyone gets that lol. But hey, I hope you'll find someone to be able to be really great friends with and hope that you feel much better soon.

Let's just say I teach computers. Although I feel I do a lot of other jobs because I just can't say 'No' when others ask for help.

I see! That's cool that you teach computers. Hope you're enjoying your job though. :)

Welcome to the forum SmallTownLonely! *hugs*

You sound like a very interesting person and so kind. It's great to have you here and I'd love to get to know you more ^_^
And don't be shy around here either haha, we're are a little crazy XDDD Or maybe it's just me.....nahhh

stone-rose said:
Welcome to the forum SmallTownLonely! *hugs*

You sound like a very interesting person and so kind. It's great to have you here and I'd love to get to know you more ^_^
And don't be shy around here either haha, we're are a little crazy XDDD Or maybe it's just me.....nahhh

SmallTownLonely, welcome to the forum!!!

I don't know what to say right now, actually, as i am dead tired. Anyway, I'm on the same boat as you are, but keep ur chin up!!

Stone, I'm with there with you too, being crazy and insane lol

Latest posts

Back