At a dead end.

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Slowly i got out of my old comfortzone..
I also had to put my body out of its comfortzone too.

So...i purchased a stunt kite. Upon learning to fly it...
Those thughts of how childish it was for a grown man to
Play with a childs toy...
The sky didn't fall..
People actaully came and chit chat with me.
They saw how much fun i was having and enjoying life.

Yes, i alzo understand. The day Jenni died. The music died.
For years i couldn't play my guitar or write music.
I didn't have it in me...no matter what people told me
Or trll me to plsy music.

Life changed...
Im with Renae again.
The love of my kife.
The woman, Ive o ly wanted to be with
And married from the very beginning.
Renae loves my music. Shes music.

My life is what is. No good, and nothing better. But it's time to pull myself out of this depressive state.

Valince said:
But it's time to pull myself out of this depressive state.

You just took the first step by saying that. Now focus on doing so and keep that focus.

The cause of depression must be very hard to pinpoint and require a lot of honest soul searching. The easy answer is often 'I want someone in my life and then I will feel better' but I think often there are other elements of peoples lives that need to change as well. People with active independent lives can happily exist single and often choose to. While looking to meet someone I would also address other aspects of your life too which to be fair you seem to be doing in your responses.

You do seem very lost at the moment and reading your comments I think you need to work out where the issues lie that are most making you unhappy. Go for a walk to do this, go somewhere quiet a park take a sit down in the sun, but definitely a change of scenery where the props of your current life do not impact you so that its just you and your thoughts. I think this helps gain a bit of perspective, sitting in my bedroom I know personally never does me much good, I don't think I just fester. Take your time if you don't form a plan the first time go back again until you start to see the way forward a little more clearly.

Looking at some of what you have said, do you write purely for personal pleasure or do you need validation from others to say 'I really like this, what you have wrote is worthwhile'? Poetry, I feel is undervalued culturally these days, given the literary capability of your average person I don't think they can form a view or express whether they see it as worthwhile or not. I wouldn't take this as a criticism of what you write, if someone asked me whether a poem was well written, I wouldn't be confident enough to give an honest answer!

Your views on relationships and sex are not abnormal, they may appear a little old fashioned to some in this permissive society but many people will value how you view the opposite sex and your own sensitivity. I will be honest every time I have slept with someone for the first time, its scared the hell out of me and its something I think I will always have to get over. The expectation to rush into things is for me a hurdle to get over and I prefer to get to know someone as long as possible before jumping into bed and sadly it normally involves a few drinks beforehand for no other reason than I am insecure. Its not abnormal to want to feel something for someone before sleeping with them, many people will still insist on marriage even. There’s no right or wrong. I think if you meet someone worthwhile you can express how you feel and say you'd like to take things slow and to be honest I’m sure a lot of women would thank you for it. That’s always been my preferred approach and no one has thought I'm weird (that I'm aware of!). It just takes a bit of honesty and swallowing of pride.

Lastly remember you are trying to make your life better, not perfect that doesn't exist there will be set backs but if you keep pushing forward you will look back in a few months and see that you have gone someway forward from where you started. Those are my thoughts anyway. I hope you make some progress. :)

The Good Citizen said:
The cause of depression must be very hard to pinpoint and require a lot of honest soul searching. The easy answer is often 'I want someone in my life and then I will feel better' but I think often there are other elements of peoples lives that need to change as well. People with active independent lives can happily exist single and often choose to. While looking to meet someone I would also address other aspects of your life too which to be fair you seem to be doing in your responses.

The cause is directly related to my ex girlfriend leaving me in May last year. This combined with the fact that I had nothing left after that. With no will to live and no value in life, I made that slow descent into the depressive darkness, drifting amongst those dark colored waves. I am over her, not completly, but enough to move on. Now it's a matter of no longer feeling like my life is dead in the water. The recent girl I was with just left me for reasons I don't know, but I can make a good guess: She missed her ex, and as was not ready for a relationship yet. Atleast for the week we were together she was "happy" and not all torn apart. Nice to know I still have some kind of positive effect left. Other aspects of my life? I work. Maybe I should start driving, I walk most of the time. But going out is something I wont do unless it's going out with someone.

You do seem very lost at the moment and reading your comments I think you need to work out where the issues lie that are most making you unhappy. Go for a walk to do this, go somewhere quiet a park take a sit down in the sun, but definitely a change of scenery where the props of your current life do not impact you so that its just you and your thoughts. I think this helps gain a bit of perspective, sitting in my bedroom I know personally never does me much good, I don't think I just fester. Take your time if you don't form a plan the first time go back again until you start to see the way forward a little more clearly.
What's making me unhappy, though more frustrated than unhappy, is the fact that I'm going to be alone for the rest of my life. It is the thought that I'll never cuddle again or even touch/hold/be held by a woman...
Looking at some of what you have said, do you write purely for personal pleasure or do you need validation from others to say 'I really like this, what you have wrote is worthwhile'? Poetry, I feel is undervalued culturally these days, given the literary capability of your average person I don't think they can form a view or express whether they see it as worthwhile or not. I wouldn't take this as a criticism of what you write, if someone asked me whether a poem was well written, I wouldn't be confident enough to give an honest answer!
Short stories were for my own entertainment. You would have to be very special to me, in order for me to show them to you. And only one person has had that privilege. Poems I write are mainly to inspire people, though I've written some pretty dark poems. It does hurt in general when you put a lot of thought into a poem and it gets no feedback. Especially when it's dedicated to a specific person..

Your views on relationships and sex are not abnormal, they may appear a little old fashioned to some in this permissive society but many people will value how you view the opposite sex and your own sensitivity. I will be honest every time I have slept with someone for the first time, its scared the hell out of me and its something I think I will always have to get over. The expectation to rush into things is for me a hurdle to get over and I prefer to get to know someone as long as possible before jumping into bed and sadly it normally involves a few drinks beforehand for no other reason than I am insecure. Its not abnormal to want to feel something for someone before sleeping with them, many people will still insist on marriage even. There’s no right or wrong. I think if you meet someone worthwhile you can express how you feel and say you'd like to take things slow and to be honest I’m sure a lot of women would thank you for it. That’s always been my preferred approach and no one has thought I'm weird (that I'm aware of!). It just takes a bit of honesty and swallowing of pride.
The first time I did it, I wasn't scared, just shy and embarrassed, but I got used to it quick. It feels so great to wake up to something other than your freaking pillow.

I also think it was some kind of "defense mechanism" like if I speak fully on what troubles me, it'd just make things worse..

I will say that since listening to one kind of music(mostly peaceful/positive), it has helped me think less on negative things. I reccomend others to try this..finding a healthy balance between negative(because some of it does sound good to the ears) and positive music.

..Gave up again..this time it's permanent. I'm not asking for advice or anyones pity.

So Krisi after all ended up being the final chapter of my life... why couldn't it be on a better note..

Im feeling like Valince, my life is a bit same except i dont write and perhaps Im too stupid to understand poems so I cant express my feelings.

I gave up and let the darkness consume me. Its still an active process and it will take some time until Ill be completely careless about everything. Got only 1 girlfriend. It lasted 2,5 years and then she decided she likes another guy..I dont blame her I just cant offer her anything more than my love which is probably not enough. I hate the thought of sex with someone just for the sake of it. It makes me feel like an animal which im not. I got no real friend and my family is ignorant and anti emphatic.

Sometimes I feel I got something dark inside me so noone can bear it. Even a small piece of my soul will destroy their happiness or motivation of living. Before you say try professional help... i tried...didnt help me.

The only thing that brings me a small piece of peace is Iaido where I learnt to stop thinking for a while and let the void flow in my head.

Latest posts

Back